White House press secretary says asked to leave restaurant for working for Trump

rooster59

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The only intolerance I see these days comes from the left. But I still tolerate their right to express their opinions. Intolerance of ideas is never a virtue

You could accuse the left of being politically correct but intolerance invariably comes from the right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andaman Al said:

Starbucks didn't 'do that', Starbucks called police and two men were wrongfully arrested. At the end of the day it was the OWNER of the restaurant that made the decision. The Management reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Try arguing at a night club if the bouncer doesnt want to let you in. You will get nowhere, because they reserve the right to admit and serve who they choose.

Because.  They.  Refused.  To.  Leave.  

You are clutching at straws - you know the reality - admit it.   It is Hypocrisy.

Ben Cline, a Republican politician in his eighth term in the Virginia House of Delegates and Lexington native, apologized to Sanders on Twitter.

On behalf of my hometown of Lexington, I want to apologize for the rudeness of one liberal New York transplant (who also happens to be Meryl Streep's cousin). We hope you will come back and enjoy our area's true southern hospitality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, I'd have to say this incident is a win for the "trump" fans. Instead of people talking about all the horrible and damaging things "trump" is doing, and the fresh lies and gaslighting he is spewing in response the separated children in cages kerfuffle, that atrocious Quisling Sanders is play acting as a victim now. An own goal really.

Edited by Jingthing

Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee, Sanders’ father, responded to his daughter’s tweet expressing his dismay.

"Sarah Sanders Broke The Law When She Attacked Restaurant That Kicked Her Out"

"Sarah Sanders, not only abused her official position to try to destroy the Red Hen restaurant. She also broke the law. These laws exist to keep people in prominent government positions from abusing their power. Since Donald Trump views himself as above the law, this culture has trickled down through his entire administration. "

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-broke-law.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Ben Cline, a Republican politician in his eighth term in the Virginia House of Delegates and Lexington native, apologized to Sanders on Twitter.

On behalf of my hometown of Lexington, I want to apologize for the rudeness of one liberal New York transplant (who also happens to be Meryl Streep's cousin). We hope you will come back and enjoy our area's true southern hospitality.

He can only speak for himself. He can't speak for an entire town. Transplanted New Yorkers are people too. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Sadly, I'd have to say this incident is a win for the "trump" fans.

I agree - and there is more and more such epidoes happenning.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Instead of people talking about the all horrible and damaging things "trump" is doing, and the fresh lies and gaslighting he is spewing in response the separated children in cages kerfuffle, that atrocious Quisling Sanders is play acting as a victim now. An own goal really.

Agree about the politics she played (not the rest).  She will probably run for Office is some years time.

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Do you agree that people should have the right to refuse to serve others because of their Religious or Political beliefs ?

(the 10 commandants is completely irrelevant )

NO!

1 minute ago, Opl said:

"Sarah Sanders Broke The Law When She Attacked Restaurant That Kicked Her Out"

"Sarah Sanders, not only abused her official position to try to destroy the Red Hen restaurant. She also broke the law. These laws exist to keep people in prominent government positions from abusing their power. Since Donald Trump views himself as above the law, this culture has trickled down through his entire administration. "

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-broke-law.html

That is the ultimate liberal hypocrisy posted so far - ??

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He can only speak for himself. He can't speak for an entire town. Transplanted New Yorkers are people too. 

8 terms as their elected representative - I think he can speak for them (the majority) as a democratically elected politician.

From what I read she was politely asked to leave and politely agreed to do so.  She must be used to being rejected by the good people of the USA and dealt with it very well.  Kudos to her for that.  Now maybe she would like to tell Trump where to stick it and get her life back.  She has the opportunity to do that but probably won't.  In which case the Kudos is massively diluted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

The Professional that Sanders is, will go to work Monday and continue to take questions from the activist who pretend to be reporters at the WH briefing room. She won't even let on to this story!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

The tweet is so Trump. A completely disgusting reply from Cline. what is a "New York Transplant'? What has it got to do with Meryl Streep? I don't think he will do a 9th term. This is the divide that has been created. The USA doesn't need any enemies abroad, you have made enemies of yourselves. We are bearing witness to the total collapse of an empire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Would you support making a muslim baker make one for Jews. black baker making for KKK, or Jewish baker for Nazis?

Yes, then the world might relax and become a more tolerant place.

Except of course there shouldn't be KKK or Nazis.

21 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Used Car salesmen been baned ??  Politicians been banned?? Who else has been banned??

Hilarious comments - biased and hypocritical.

Have you been banned??  Me ??  LOL 

Twice in only a few minutes false equivalence raises it’s struggling head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

The tweet is so Trump. A completely disgusting reply from Cline. what is a "New York Transplant'? What has it got to do with Meryl Streep? I don't think he will do a 9th term. This is the divide that has been created. The USA doesn't need any enemies abroad, you have made enemies of yourselves. We are bearing witness to the total collapse of an empire.

We where never a Empire

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

The Professional that Sanders is, will go to work Monday and continue to take questions from the activist who pretend to be reporters at the WH briefing room. She won't even let on to this story!

So true and well said.  Classy lady who ignored the abuse she got at the White Hoyuse dinner, and she will do the same now.

I wonder if these Trump dislikers have ever watched a full press briefing run by Sarah.  I doubt most of them have - they only see/hear the sound bites on CNN etc.  Available on youtune and the white house web site.  She handles them like a Nanny dealing with petiulant children - and they are both petulant and abusive.  He presesseser couldnt handle them - Trump found the perfect replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

She won't even let on to this story? Could have been a fair comment if she had used her private twitter account. But she made if offiial White House business by using a White House account. You can be sure Trump will use it, as will she.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

You are 100% wrong. We are witnessing Trump and MAGA. You may not be, but the American people are woke.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Do you agree that people should have the right to refuse to serve others because of their Religious or Political beliefs ?

(the 10 commandants is completely irrelevant )

I am an Atheist an I don't attribute any religious value  to the Ten Commandments , nothing that people could not and had not come upon their own.  I only mention them on the below context. 

It is not my opinion it is the opinion of the Supreme Court Of the USA

"In narrow ruling, Supreme Court gives victory to baker who refused to make cake for gay wedding?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/narrow-ruling-supreme-court-gives-victory-baker-who-refused-make-n872946

Conservatives could not have their cake and eat it too, Pun intended.

4 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

Besides the fact that she has an extremely unpleasant voice, and she certainly isn't much to look at.

While I dislike her intensely for her personality and politics, commenting on her weight and looks is old school, ignorant misogyny. Grow up!

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

Press secretary? you mean the president's liar .

Why anyone would attend any of these prese conferences is beyond me, she never answers any questions truthfully.

If indeed this happen (who believes anything she says) , she was treated with the same respect she treats the American people. 

She publicly stated she tells the truth.   Was that a lie?

Was she asked to leave  nicely, because she was Sarah Sanders or PT press Secretary!

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

She won't even let on to this story? Could have been a fair comment if she had used her private twitter account. But she made if offiial White House business by using a White House account. You can be sure Trump will use it, as will she.

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

I am an Atheist an I don't attribute any religious value  to the Ten Commandments , nothing that people could not and had not come upon their own.  I only mention them on the below context. 

It is not my opinion it is the opinion of the Supreme Court Of the USA

"In narrow ruling, Supreme Court gives victory to baker who refused to make cake for gay wedding?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/narrow-ruling-supreme-court-gives-victory-baker-who-refused-make-n872946

Conservatives could not have their cake and eat it too, Pun intended.

Hypocrisy.  Read the judgement.  Or at least the Summary. Not what NBC said.

The SCOTUS ruled that he did not infringe their rights, because he did not refuse to sell them a cake.

He refused to make them a 'special' one-off non-standard cake depicting gay sex/marriage, and he refused based on his Religious beliefs.

Likewise, in USA, a Muslim can refuse to serve/touch bacon in the course of their employment - to them it is absoluterly forbidden (and rightly so).