Chiang Rai: Rescuers make progress on day seven

rooster59

<quote>

Re-tweet of Translation from the Press Conference just held (many of these are responses to reporters questions. Summary at the end).

</quote>

hell don't post facts you will upset 90% of the TV experts ( also known as muppets I think is the term.), please start your own thread.

Edited by kmj

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Re-tweet of Translation from the Press Conference just held (many of these are responses to reporters questions. Summary at the end).

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, grollies said:

I haven't trawled through the 31 pages of comments but has anyone sought advice (or has it been offered) from the team that rescued the Chilean miners years ago?

Apples and pears unfortunately. Very little in common.

31 minutes ago, grollies said:

I haven't trawled through the 31 pages of comments but has anyone sought advice (or has it been offered) from the team that rescued the Chilean miners years ago?

Honestly... not sure it would help.  We were talking about that at work the other day-- the problem is that they're two completely different situations.  Namely, they knew pretty much where the Chilean miners were and just couldn't get to them, if I'm remembering correctly, and they weren't dealing with all of the water.  Also, the miners were probably at least slightly equipped to deal with such a situation as surely it was known that it was a possibility in such a profession, whereas the kids were expecting no such thing and, I assume, had few supplies.  And, the miners were adults-- not one (young) adult with a bunch of kids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, grollies said:

There was some reference to the Chilian rescue somewhere in amongst all the doss, can't remember where - sorry - but *Katia summed it up pretty well. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Katia said:

Honestly... not sure it would help.  We were talking about that at work the other day-- the problem is that they're two completely different situations.  Namely, they knew pretty much where the Chilean miners were and just couldn't get to them, if I'm remembering correctly, and they weren't dealing with all of the water.  Also, the miners were probably at least slightly equipped to deal with such a situation as surely it was known that it was a possibility in such a profession, whereas the kids were expecting no such thing and, I assume, had few supplies.  And, the miners were adults-- not one (young) adult with a bunch of kids.

Also, it was on solid ground with good roads, getting heavy equipment in was much easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katia said:

Yes, agree but if the authorities have an idea they are at 'Pattaya Beach' wouldn't that be a starting point for drilling?

I just thought their experience may be helpful and hadn't heard mention of them to date in what seems like a very similar situation.

Praying for them all anyways.

• Like 2