Netizens In Uproar Over Miss Universe Thailand

webfact

Netizens In Uproar Over Miss Universe Thailand

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%AA_%E0%B9%91%E0

Sophida “Ning” Kanchanarin, Miss Universe Thailand 2018, center. Paveena Singh is at left.

BANGKOK — This year’s Miss Universe Thailand went to a finance student who studied in Las Vegas – and not everyone is pleased about it.

Sophida “Ning” Kanchanarin, was crowned Miss Universe Thailand on Saturday night, but many fans cried foul on alleged favoritism for her wealth as she bested Thai-Indian Paveena Singh, who had been an online favourite to win in the weeks prior to the contest.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2018/07/02/netizens-in-uproar-over-miss-universe-thailand/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-02

Very important! I guess the netizens, once again choosed a perfect time to concentrate on something irrelevant.

I  was told that the lottery number this time would be 54, but it wasn´t. I still don´t complain.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

This year’s Miss Universe Thailand went to a finance student who studied in Las Vegas 

She's hardly a student if she is an Investment bank manager at a bank?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

She's hardly a student if she is an Investment bank manager at a bank?

Could still be studying for professional qualifications, Master's or PhD part-time study.

I'm available for free coaching anytime if she is!

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps they wanted a Thai Miss Universe contestant who could speak reasonably well in English and not get washed out of the international contest because of required a Thai translator to answer the on-camera questions.

Personally, I like the looks of the Miss Valentina... She and her last name would have been an interesting entry for a Thai Miss Universe!

• 2 weeks later...

I do not get what the fuss is all about. She sounds smart, and accomplished. Is that a crime, nowadays. Or do I smell envy? Regardless, it is nothing but a tempest in a teapot. Just alot of malcontents with nothing better to do, than to start a scandal over nothing.

Sophida graduated with a finance degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and was a manager at TMB Bank. Her profile includes winning a President’s Education Awards Program medal from President Barack Obama in 2013, awarded to about 3 million students. Her father, Tavatchai Kanchanarin, was a doctor at Phramongkutklao Hospital.

BANGKOK — This year’s Miss Universe Thailand went to a finance student who studied in Las Vegas – and not everyone is pleased about it.

Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey may well be interested in making a movie.

On 7/23/2018 at 5:19 PM, spidermike007 said:

I do not get what the fuss is all about. She sounds smart, and accomplished. Is that a crime, nowadays. Or do I smell envy? Regardless, it is nothing but a tempest in a teapot. Just alot of malcontents with nothing better to do, than to start a scandal over nothing.

Sophida graduated with a finance degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and was a manager at TMB Bank. Her profile includes winning a President’s Education Awards Program medal from President Barack Obama in 2013, awarded to about 3 million students. Her father, Tavatchai Kanchanarin, was a doctor at Phramongkutklao Hospital.

Now you will make everyone jealous and we don't even have a pic of her legs. Please don't post one.

P.S. She was Thai and you even had to import her from U.S.A. along with the wine and tequila?  555.

2 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Now you will make everyone jealous and we don't even have a pic of her legs. Please don't post one.

P.S. She was Thai and you even had to import her from U.S.A. along with the wine and tequila?  555.

%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%AA_%E0%B9%91%E0%B9%98%E0%B9%90%E0%B9%96%E0%B9%93%E0%B9%90_0066.jpg

Sophida's legs can be seen attached to the beauty in the centre.

4 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

My comment above was wrong  based on a mistake.  My mistake.  Apologies.  I would have deleted it if I had noticed in time. Sorry.