Give The British Divers Who Found the Kids And Their Instructor In The Cave Thai Citizenship And The Highest Civilian Medal.

AdamTheFarang

i feel sure the Thai government will respond favourably later   hopfully the cop who tried to throw a spanner in the works  ie permits for drilling/drones etc  will not be on the inevitable  commitee

• Like 1

I am aware that you are attempting to be facetious, but do you really think under the circumstances the powers that be would insist on work permits for highly trained cave divers when every minute counts to save lives..
No, I didn't think  you did.
It did however happen 14 years ago when the tsunami hit, much to Thailand's sham e and embarrassment.
Perhaps Thailand has moved on and matured a wee bit?
Well let's hope the shame and embarrassment does not repeat itself!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So far the team have had all their expenses paid and have been made visa and work permit exempt, including having the honour of being made personal guests by the King, probably the highest honour any foreigners could be bestowed in Thailand.

I have no doubts the British rescue team will gain a lot of work out of this, now news of their fantastic achievement has gone worldwide. It`s going to be;  we need a rescue team, who we gonna call?

I`m sure these guys will go down in history and always remembered as the British team who performed a miracle in Thailand, and that alone is worth it`s weight in gold.

That's fantastic news, preying for the lads to be reunited with there families sooner rather than later!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quack said:

Actually I don't think it was the luck of the draw. The Brit divers were brought in to blaze the trail as the other divers weren't experienced or skilled enough to be able to find their way through the network of caves without any visibility, maps or lines... The Brit guys were the ones who did the hard work exploring and forging ahead and laid out the lines so other less experienced divers could follow them through. It's extremely difficult and takes a great deal of bravery to go into a cave blind, squeezing through tight gaps when there's no guarantee you'll even be able to turn around in the space you get into, no visibility at all. There's probably only a handful of people in the world who can do this safely, which is why the Brits were brought in.

That's right. The French specifically asked for them in 2010 to help recover the body of a diver. They also helped in a successful rescue of 13 divers in Mexico in 2004.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

YeI am aware that you are attempting to be facetious, but do you really think under the circumstances the powers that be would insist on work permits for highly trained cave divers when every minute counts to save lives..

No, I didn't think  you did.

It did however happen 14 years ago when the tsunami hit, much to Thailand's sham e and embarrassment.

Perhaps Thailand has moved on and matured a wee bit?

Yes, I remember that.  But moved on and matured a wee bit, doubtful. 

Re: Give The British Divers Who Found the Kids And Their Instructor In The Cave Thai Citizenship And The Highest Civilian Medal.

Thai Citizenship? Are we really talking about giving the British Divers their due credit or is this about Thais not accepting foreigners into their country? Two diferent topics (smile).