Chile miners urge rescued Thai boys to be wary of new-found fame

webfact

No doubt the media attention and the ambulance chasers are going to be circling these kids.  Hopefully there's a decent lawyer out there who will step up and represent these kids and their families.  As we adults well know, there's going to be absurd amounts of money promised that will be totally bogus.  There's not a doubt in my mind, a lot of unscrupulous  people are already talking to their family members.  And these kids don't have a prayer.  

Edited by khaowong1

Not sure. Alot will depend on the mindset of the parents. If they are mostly poor, the risks may be higher as they would be in any country. Someone will need to help them. A prominent, honest Thai lawyer (of which there are not likely to be many). As someone else said, for the boys, they are mostly too young anyway to benefit either from money or the advances of the girls awaiting them. Too bad

Edited by Fex Bluse
changed me mind
  • Like 1

While they are being kept away from tv and contact is restricted with family for health reasons seemingly I can’t help but think someone in charge somewhere is keeping that going till they get a deal for the exclusive interview on a prime tv show here. Obviously that person wouldn’t be trying to set that up for his or her own good and would only be looking out for the boys ?

• Haha 1

Get real. Various people are going to make a lot of money stemming from this incident for a long time to come. That's the way of the world like it or not. Yes hopefully some good people will step up and guide the boys families on how they can benefit too. I realize this may be very crass but it would be even more so if others unrelated to the incident get paid and the boys just get exploited. May as well face the harsh reality of that openly.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app