"Tourists will come flooding back when the sand is finished", says Thai media.

rooster59

"Tourists will come flooding back when the sand is finished", says Thai media.

37051010_2041247489526873_3861193281484357632_n.jpg

Image: Pattaya News

An upbeat Pattaya News said in their story on the restoration of the beach in Pattaya that it was just a matter of time before the tourists came flooding back to the sands. 

But they did not make any reference to sea water quality. 

They were reporting on a meeting that said 400 meters of the restoration work was done meaning that 100 meters was back in the hands of beach operators.

A further 300 meters will definitely be done by year's end giving operators a further 100 meter stretch to earn a living. 

The sand is coming from Koh Rangwian in a 430 million baht project that will see the beach widened by 3.5 meters, said the media. 

The sand is plentiful enough and of sufficient quality for the needs of Pattaya. 

The beautification began near the Dusit Thani hotel back in January but has suffered some stop/start problems. However, now everything is running smoothly. 

Pattaya News said that the "Pattaya Model" will make the resort a top class world beach destination and the new sands will have the tourists flooding back. 

However, Thaivisa notes they did not mention the state or quality of the sea itself in their story.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-14

36999231_2041247332860222_1475160428240699392_n.jpg

37002067_2041247369526885_7591194879946915840_n.jpg

37014474_2041247429526879_5919480599164223488_n.jpg

Clean or not clean, sand or no sand people will not be flocking to Pattaya from the traditional countries that have done so this last 30 years. The days of ever increasing numbers from Europe the States and Auss are long gone

• Like 2

Thats not sand.  Its just dirt mixed with some gravel probably taken free from a construction site.

There is no beach in Pattaya anyway.  The sea around there is a toxic waste dump not to mention the raw sewerage.

Edited by lanista
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I truly hope so...then what about the hundreds of tour group owned power boats which clutter the water parked 24/7,and refuel on the beach?? this pic taken today as the lads mixed the oil fuel on the beach,and prepared the plastic picture frames which they use daily in the hundreds..i doubt much will change as plastics 2 stroke oil and fuel and general garbage are just 'part of buisness'...until thais learn to respect the ocean , this beach is just a boat launch/ ashtray...

P1010236.JPG

P1010235.JPG

P1010233.JPG

P1010227.JPG

P1010225.JPG

Edited by mok199

3 hours ago, rumbo1 said:

I thought tat said tourist numbers are up so how can they come flooding back if they haven't gone ? 

Oh misunderstood Was reading last years numbers But hey look good what they write You know a bit of propaganda help lots

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

they can't even get the sand to stick around. :cheesy:

I was thinking the same. Where will they get the tourist from, for the ever misleading statements that tourism is up and foreigners adore this country so much that they will overcome all its shortcomings at every turn. 

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I never even knew that sand was the main Tourist Attraction in Pattaya.

I learn something new every day.

Well, now u know Cake? I thought the nightlife was the main attraction and the ladies

this newest project has filled pockets of many many friends...so for them it was a success,as ''they'' never come close to the beach without a guaranteed photo opp...Thailand were corruption,showboating ,grandstanding and optics are the motive..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1