Most Dangerous Area(s) of Bangkok

utalkin2me

What would you guys consider to be the most dangerous area or neighborhood in Bangkok? When I say danger, I mean you get out of a cab late at night and are not or do not feel safe. 

Thanks for any input! And I do not mean any of the "red light sois", or whatever they would be called, or any tourist areas like Khao San Road. I mean dangeous Thai neighborhoods. Thanks! 

Edited by utalkin2me

I have always felt safe everywhere in Bangkok... I had a GF who lived in the slums in Kloeng Toey and though safe during the day, I would not feel comfortable there at night... but, I can't imagine a reason you might want to go there... 

The smell around Klong Toey with the market nearby is enough to keep anyone away from the area aside from the crime

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, milwaukeeboy said:

I read a few years ago that the area around Lad Prao Road about halfway between the Mall Bangkapi and Central Lad Prao is the highest crime area in Bangkok.

a few cases of motorcycle pickpockets around there

Probably more important than the area where you live, is that you live in a secure building or gated community that has security guards and secure access to the building(s) and property. Home burglaries and petty crime can be a problem.

42 minutes ago, milwaukeeboy said:

I read a few years ago that the area around Lad Prao Road about halfway between the Mall Bangkapi and Central Lad Prao is the highest crime area in Bangkok.

Chok chai I believe..it can get a little hairy. I talked to a cop the other day and towards ramkhamhaeng as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Other than walking around the Klongtoey slums (and maybe this is exaggerated), Bangkok is far safer than most western cities, unless you behave like an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Agreed after over 25 years here Klong Toey is the only area that really makes me feel uncomfortable at night. Otherwise it is like any other city, depends upon what you are doing and expecting, if you are looking for drugs etc. then you have to accept the consequences of your actions. 

• Like 1

I took this picture in Sep 2017 when walking from Khaosan rd. to some Klong bridge.

Can't even remember exact location.

Sign put up by "Chanasongkram police station".

170911080018.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Other than walking around the Klongtoey slums (and maybe this is exaggerated), Bangkok is far safer than most western cities, unless you behave like an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

as you say it all boils down on how you behave, behave like a nob , expect the worse, same anywhere

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I have always felt safe everywhere in Bangkok... I had a GF who lived in the slums in Kloeng Toey and though safe during the day, I would not feel comfortable there at night... but, I can't imagine a reason you might want to go there... 

I live on the fringe of the slum and unfortunately many times I have to walk through there at night. Which seems dangerous but I'm alive and have never been accosted. Mind you this experience would be completely different if I was an Asian woman. The only place I'm warned by Thais not to venture is at the end of Sukhumvit soi 50 just before you reach the port there's a area underneath Chalerm mahanakon expressway which is shortcut that leads to the Klong Toei pump station and the Klong itself. I watched a makeshift fight club/ Muay Thai fights one afternoon and was pointedly told to never go back in there again. It's pretty grim. Adjacent to almost every vocational school tends to be rough because of the demographics. Bangkok is a safe city for us because we're somewhat protected. If we were Thai our perspective would be much different. 

• Like 2

Lower Sukhumwit 2 Ladyboys will grab you , never engage with ladyboys, had a friend robbed by two of them, curiously he brought them back to his apt in phra kanong , he might have been drugged. 

Petchaburi Town apparently has a lot of homicides, I've heard