How to stop condensation from A/C on front window

4MyEgo

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

It seems a lot of cars/trucks made in Thailand don't have the heating vents on the dash, so you can't direct the aircon onto the windscreen, which would normally clear it in a flash.

Both our vehicles will blow air (chilled) on the screen, condensation forms on the OUTSIDE, easy to clear with the wipers.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Set the blower so it doesn't blow on the screen, feet and face only.

Use the wipers to clear any that does form (it will be on the outside), once you get moving it will keep clear by itself.

To your car?

The misting or condensation is on the inside of the windscreen, not outside, and a lot of cars in Thailand don't have dash vents, that's the problem.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Both our vehicles will blow air (chilled) on the screen, condensation forms on the OUTSIDE, easy to clear with the wipers.

Sorry, never had condensation outside of the windscreen, unless you call rain condensation.

Edited by giddyup

My Vigo doesn't have screen vents but l have never had misting on the inside in LOS, l have back home which was mainly due to moister in the cab. At certain times of the year in LOS I have had mist on the outside where wipers deal with it..

35 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, never had condensation outside of the windscreen, unless you call rain condensation.

It looks like its on the inside, but as Crossy mentioned, its on the outside, and yes the wipers do clear it.

I don't like the A/C on me as it gives me a sore throat and putting it to the feet well we know the effect that has, so putting it to the window works best for me, except for the mist on the outside, this usually happens when its raining.

I did say condensation which I believe is incorrect, so apologise there. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It seems a lot of cars/trucks made in Thailand don't have the heating vents on the dash, so you can't direct the aircon onto the windscreen, which would normally clear it in a flash.

My car does, however it appears the temp inside the car and outside the car are both different, thus creating mist on the outside which the wipers will clear each time it get mist on the window (not long), and I don't like the A/C on me as it gives me a sore throat, and at the feet its cold, and both face and feet isn't what I like, on the windscreen its nice, but then again when its raining mostly its mist on the outside.

I suppose I could open the windows..lol

3 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

When it's raining obviously no mist can happen on the outside, but the windows will mist on the inside when you don't put on aircon when raining

The strangest thing is the wipers clear it, when its raining, so its got to be from the outside. Have put my hands on the window to wipe it, touch it, but nothing.

We are talking condensation on inside a windshield  right.

I just put on the AC and turn the  dial as far to the right so as that the Ac is on the windshield not feet or face.and the windshield is sucked clean in seconds. Just try different setting with the air flow of your AC  the placement on your cars dial may be different than mine.That's what I did..

When I do this the window is cleared in seconds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Even though this is posted in the Motoring section?

Yes, I didn't come via the motoring section - this post was listed in 'Topics' in the left hand margin. I don't make a point of reading the full address at the top.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I just put on the AC and turn the  dial as far to the right so as that the Ac is on the windshield not feet or face

Now I'm on the correct subject ?.......that's exactly what I do.  I used to get the same problem early mornings but as soon as I started turning the aircon to max and on to the screen the problem was solved.  I think we are just not used to dealing with this - in farangland we'd hit it with max heat so it seems alien to direct cold air at it but it works.

Edited by KhaoYai

12 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I just put on the AC and turn the  dial as far to the right so as that the Ac is on the windshield not feet or face.and the windshield is sucked clean in seconds. Just try different setting with the air flow of your AC  the placement on your cars dial may be different than mine.That's what I did..

"We are talking condensation on inside a windshield"

You are, the OP isn't!

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Now I'm on the correct subject ?.......that's exactly what I do.  I used to get the same problem early mornings but as soon as I started turning the aircon to max and on to the screen the problem was solved.  I think we are just not used to dealing with this - in farangland we'd hit it with max heat so it seems alien to direct cold air at it but it works.

"Now I'm on the correct subject..."

No, still on the wrong subject.  He's talking about condensation on the outside of the screen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I get what your saying but maybe I am not coming across the right way or explaining my situation.

The window looks like it is freezing at the bottom above the dashboard, i.e. its only about 150mm in height at about wiper level and above, and only comes on when the A/C is turned onto the windscreen, when raining, that said when it is a hot day there is nothing there and this is where I like the air coming from as it is really not noticeable but is cool, however if it's in your face or your feet its annoying, so I want to try and stop this recurring if I can, that said, I believe the correct terminology is mist as opposed to condensation as I stated before.  

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Actually I don't have a problem from the inside, although I know what you are referring too.

My problem is when I put on the A/C in the rain/cold after a while the front windscreen at wiper level and above for about 150mm looks as if it is freezing as you cannot see through it, turn the wipers on and its gone, but does come back again.

The A/C blue markings are at half way, so as it is not too cold, but if you ever try the Ford Ranger air conditioning, it's like a butchers refrigerator, but when it's how outside, I'm not complaining, but there is no setting for just the fan to the window, even when you hit the A/C button to turn it off, its always on A/C because its cold, that said, if you turn the A/C button off when its on your face, its just air, not cold, weird, it's the only thing I don't like about the car. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Now I'm on the correct subject..."

No, still on the wrong subject.  He's talking about condensation on the outside of the screen.

To be fair, I think it's called mist because from what I have read after posting, condensation is formed on the inside ?

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

To be fair, I think it's called mist because from what I have read after posting, condensation is formed on the inside ?

Mist is condensation, it's water droplets that form when the warm, water-laden air outside hits the cold screen and condenses. 

It can happen the other way around also if the outside temperature is low enough and there's enough moisture inside the car, from passengers breath usually, it's still condensation.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Many, most??? cars and trucks in Thailand  have aircon that only works on cold.  So I guess they don't bother with vents to the screen.

After years of trying on hot humid rainy damp days a Mitsubishi lancer ex is impossible to clear side and windscreen and turns into a juggling act of windows up and down rear window heater on air con every conceivable position you are not alone.

• Like 1