Thai media, operators upbeat about "better than ever" Pattaya beach

webfact

Thai media, operators upbeat about "better than ever" Pattaya beach

Pattaya1.jpg

Pictures (3) Manager Online

Manager published a story that painted a rosy picture of improvements made to Pattaya's main beach.

Work to widen the beach and put in new sand had now been completed on a 400 meter stretch from the Dust Thani and the remaining 1.7 kilometers is set to be finished by the year's end.

Manager spoke to two umbrella and deckchair operators who voiced their approval about the work.

Pattaya2.jpg

Patnate Chiawkit said the work done so far made for a wider and better looking beach. She even said that disruption had been kept at a minimum for her and other vendors. She was looking forward to more and more tourists returning to the beach.

Somruay Phakdeewong said he had been an operator at the beach for 30 years and that the rejuvenation meant that the beach was looking better than ever.

Pattaya3.jpg

Though he cautioned that it may well be up to mother nature as to how long it would last.

Once again, however, Thaivisa notes that no one mentioned the litter that is habitually deposited on the beach in one way or another or the state of the sea water quality - both factors that might encourage tourists to visit as much as pleasant sand.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-27
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Work to widen the beach and put in new sand had now been completed on a 400 meter stretch from the Dust Thani and the remaining 1.7 kilometers is set to be finished by the year's end.

Bit optimistic that no .? 5 mths to finish over a mile while the first 1/4 mile has taken best part of the year already .. Hmmm maybe they should take another look at their sums ..

16 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Bit optimistic that no .? 5 mths to finish over a mile while the first 1/4 mile has taken best part of the year already .. Hmmm maybe they should take another look at their sums ..

There was excess time in the first 1/4 mile because that included a massive sandbag structure/breakwater off Dusit pt. While it will protect beach inside point in front of the hotel. It should have been constructed with boulders that don't decay into a mess. Also remains to be scene how that, well beyond high tide line, structure is going to affect long shore currents. Even the small sandbag rows before caused beach to South washed out during winter. 

• Like 1

"Though he cautioned that it may well be up to mother nature as to how long it would last."

The way we've been treating Mother lately, she's not real happy with us. I suspect this makeover will be short lived.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Somehow.....I'd rather be an "eternal optimist".....than an " eternal pessimest".

I was in Pattaya a few weeks ago for the first time in years, I was quite impressed with some of the changes and improvements that were made. Pattaya may still be one of sleaziest places on the planet, but less so than just a few years ago.

20 hours ago, sead said:

6 years in Pattaya and 3 times in the sea. Disquisting is the right word...

Your,e a brave man...been here 10 and I would never even contemplate it........filthy :sad:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, quandow said:

"Though he cautioned that it may well be up to mother nature as to how long it would last."

I walked along yesterday and I see the pumps are still in place ready to pump any floodwater from the road onto the beach....so there goes a few more tons of sand being washed away :whistling:

Maybe they should rename the Pattaya Bay = Bay of Toxin (not Taxin, however there maybe some connection). No......seriously...... Pattaya is an absolutely wonderful place to experience many different things (not all bad) if you are that way inclined! I've been there about 5 times in the last 16 years and boy did I have experiences. Get my drift. (water, bay, other etc)

Tracy

TheMedSyndicate

Edited by tracy3eyes

Its like everything else when  new in Thailand. Looks OK when first opened or used but after a short time it gets worn and battered by constant changes in weather, poor maintenance and mass tourism. Every person takes sand off the beach when they leave.

What about all the empty and broken bottles not to mention  used condoms and  medi pads discarded by Chinese women.?   yuuuk!

Thailand cannot cope with mass tourism, its ecosystems are too delicate and managed by corrupt monkeys.

40 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Does one dare go into the water ?  Is raw sewage still being dumped ?   Would be more excited to hear a solution about  sewage than brolleys and deck chairs. 

Unfortunately, raw sewage is to Thailand what tulips are to Holland.

It is sort of funny to see some of these tourists are playing in toxic waste and feces. Here you go, Daisy, have a plump piece of poop to put in your beehive.........

• Sad 1

I first came here in 2000, while on a stopover in Bangkok, at the recommendation from a friend living there. I made the mistake of thinking I'd take a quick swim. The sand was not only a narrow  strip- 6 feet wide - but dark brown. The water was black, full of sewage, and, as I stuck my foot in the water, was somewhere between warm and very warm. You have no idea what the photo - if not photoshopped - means. The only sad thing is it's taken 20 years. Like it took 4 years(after the contract was signed) to plant trees and shrubs on the Thrappaya Road divider in Jomtien. Hope springs eternal....

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Manager published a story that painted a rosy picture of improvements made to Pattaya's main beach.

Has anyone seen TAT officials handing out free candy and ice cream to the vendors prior to the 'Manager' interviews? I tend to rather believe the alternative facts of Jehovah's witnesses.

Few Thais swimming there last night....my thoughts yuk...all that poop, Beach Road full of Guptahs looking for sex....thank god for Pattaya Beer Garden my only reason to visit that area now...