Pro-junta coalition will form next government, says Suthep

webfact

16 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Hmm...

Isn't there a word for this...? It is on the tip of my tongue but just isn't allowed to...

Double hmm...

Clairvoyant, optimist or realist maybe, give me a clue

What about a double act with next door they have got it worked out

You know you are in trouble when Malaysia is the leading light in SE Asia where democracy is concerned

1 minute ago, Sir Dude said:

History, if historians are still allowed to exist in the future, will judge this time very harshly..as the kids that are growing up now are barely even interested in any of this nonsense and will just tear up all this stuff decreed by the present dinosaurs. It simply won't fly in 10-20 years. These kids around now have already shown their disapproval for so much in the last 15 years...it will only be magnified, and the old stuff that holds sway now is on it's last legs....for sure, and will tossed into the bin of yesterday.

You wish, they will toe the line just like those who have gone before

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

You wish, they will toe the line just like those who have gone before

Perhaps...but many of these kids growing up don't give a rats backside about the conditioning crap. Many will not suck it up as they have an inflated opinion of themselves and their rights and future...not like the previous generation. They will not be as pliable as their parents.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Dude said:

Perhaps...but many of these kids growing up don't give a rats backside about the conditioning crap. Many will not suck it up as they have an inflated opinion of themselves and their rights and future...not like the previous generation. They will not be as pliable as their parents.

It would be nice to think you are correct

Only time will tell if the kids you are talking about have enough moral fiber,  backbone and guts to stand up to what will inevitably be coming their way

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

It would be nice to think you are correct

Only time will tell if the kids you are talking about have enough moral fiber,  backbone and guts to stand up to what will inevitably be coming their way

Indeed...we'll see

• Like 1

I have been watching a Netflix series where some redneck voters compared an idiot and a liar who were the two

main candidates during the last US Presidential election. The US chose the idiot so it will be interesting to see what happens in Thailand..

7 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

I have been watching a Netflix series where some redneck voters compared an idiot and a liar who were the two

main candidates during the last US Presidential election. The US chose the idiot so it will be interesting to see what happens in Thailand..

Fair chance the idiot was on the opposite side of the screen to which you think he was.

6 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

There's no need to choose; you can conveniently get both a liar and an idiot in the same frog kissing package. Vote now and they'll throw in a weekly showcase of latest trends in the luxury watch market.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, robblok said:

The whole problem in this country is that all laws are enforced selectively and whoever is in power stonewalls all investigations / court cases that are against them. As I said the Prawit with his watches and the Thaksin his passports and the ombudsman. Great examples of how governments stonewall, cover their own. Shows that both sides do it. 

The problem is not so much that the stonewalling and completely biased handling of investigations and all the cover ups are done by whoever-is-in-power (not necessarily in a political sense, I think access to a big load of cash can also equate to being in-power in this case), but the fact that it can be done with relative ease in the first place. Everything becomes quite meaningless when the system works in a way that you can affect the outcome in so many levels (sufficiently big brown envelopes, choosing key people running the investigations/enforcing laws/laying judgement, outright writing the enforceable laws without any real scrutiny or the absolute worst; tainting the whole constitution by granting yourself the power to pretty much override anything possible should you not like it). Sadly, the Junta does seem to have the capability of being the judge, the jury and the executioner (either directly or by-proxy) and that's a huge problem. 

In the ever-ongoing bicker about who is more evil, the junta or the shins, I think one strong differentiator is that as bad the shins may (or may not, depending on each and everyone's opinions) have been, they didn't have Article 44. Don't get me wrong though, in my opinion the shins weren't saints, but if you absolutely have to choose a "lesser evil", I don't need to think long. But rather than balancing between two evils, I'm really hoping that someday people would have the possibility to choose a "better good" rather than trying to figure out the "lesser evil".

• Thanks 2

"Pro-junta-coalition will form next government - says Suthep"

? ...how did...he...oh my God...he must have supernatural powers!

He must be a psychic...or a psycho....

:coffee1:

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 1:57 PM, robblok said:

That is true.. but appointing someone as PM is the same as ending democracy. I am sure that would ruffle a lot of feathers. Do you really think they would go that far ?

Robblok, they have ended democracy every time it looks like getting popular. When people get their feathers ruffled, they shoot them. Or batter them down with relentless propagandizing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomta said:

Robblok, they have ended democracy every time it looks like getting popular. When people get their feathers ruffled, they shoot them. Or batter them down with relentless propagandizing.

I am not saying they would not want to abolish democracy,  I am saying that trade with foreign countries is keeping them from doing so. I think economics are too important to them to take that extra step and really stop democracy.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I am not saying they would not want to abolish democracy,  I am saying that trade with foreign countries is keeping them from doing so. I think economics are too important to them to take that extra step and really stop democracy.

Robblok, you don't understand what I'm saying. They have abolished democracy. That's what the coup was, It was the removal of democracy. There was a democracy -yes, imperfect, corrupt -but there was freedom to speak (except for LM), freedom to protest (remember all those people out on the streets and free elections coming up. Then - there wasn't any of that stuff. It was abolished.

Can you please give me your definition of what it takes to "stop democracy"? I'd be fascinated.to hear what they need to do to "really stop democracy". What is the extra step?