More than 1.5 million new vehicles registered in the first half of 2018

webfact

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

If you think to go to a bank and borrowing heaps of money and after a while u get your car repossessed then you must see a booming economy in a different way I do. Funny the 2 most addictive things in Thailand after alcohol is New Cars and Mobile Phones. And really you can live without both I know I did for a long time and I was still living a good life

Yes I have a 12 or so year old Vios , works well cheap to run and cheap to get serviced . Chap along from me got himself a new Isuzu pick up , he has no curtains on his windows , no mozzie screens and even has no glass. At dusk he must have to put a light on as time to close the shutters.  I think like very many here , folk can see a new pick up but never see his abode. Oh and by the by my Nokia is 10 years old , I phone people and they phone me . It is all I need.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

just more borrowed money people cannot afford to pay back I think different. To me, a car gets you from A to B As long as it does it job who cares if it is new or old. Wish they would prioritize there homes more instead of buying new cars?

Sorry I jumped ahead after coming in from shopping .  See my post , I do so agree.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, baansgr said:

The UK  registered almost 3 million new cars in 2016, similar population size so sounds about right considering most here were MCs

In Thailand 373 000 new cars it makes a huge difference!

5 hours ago, connda said:

Which means that about 400,000 people in Thailand are now holding more consumer debt than they will be able to pay off in their lifetime. 
"But I have status mak mak.  Drive 1 million baht SUV.  Have red license plate.  Drive 160 kph now.  Everyone get out of way.  I SUV puu yai now!!!  I pay only interest 10,000 baht every month for lifetime.  Kids and grandkid get debt when I die.  Insurance?  No afford insurance."  :angry:

Please tell us what SUV one can find for 1 000 000 Baht?  Does Tata have a new SUV?  ?

• Haha 1

Any country aiming to get global and attract investors or business from abroad, would better be off developping fast, efficient public transport grids...

Nobody would want to be a in country with congested or murderous roads....just saying......

......as an exemple, many European metros loose important cash generating conventions, conferences etc.. due to trafic congestion and their boards prefer to choose smaller cities with efficient public transport networks and non congested roads.....

8 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Is there anyway to check how many vehicles were written off or scrapped during the same period? 

How about checking how many driving licences were issued? that were warranted ! ?

Don't buy things you cannot afford! I know its difficult to work out because you are teachers but how can you trusted with the children's futures if you cannot look out for your own? What sort of example are you setting? Perhaps the government will come to your aid, they will almost certainly support you as they are in the same boat, lessons not learnt, repeat again and again and sweep it under the carpet.

The UK  registered almost 3 million new cars in 2016, similar population size so sounds about right considering most here were MCs
Over 1 million of the number in Thailand were motorbikes. Read a paragraph or two instead of just the article title. As most on this site know such titles are often inaccurate and misleading.

20 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

There is some huge tents around bkk filled with nice cars... 

Here too in Ubon about every 500 yards, there is one. Mostly pick-ups. The sell around the 1.2 million baht mark when bought brand new

20 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Too true , I remember seeing many folk going to work on bicycles , imagine now going for a job and seeing 10 pushbikes , 1 motosai and the CEO's 10 yo car parked outside....

The current governor of Loei rides a bicycle to work.  Maybe not in a downpour, but often.  I hear he was helped as a child by "Tom",  a local farang monk who was from New Zealand.  Maybe he was taught well.

3 hours ago, jerojero said:
On 7/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, baansgr said:

Over 1 million of the number in Thailand were motorbikes. Read a paragraph or two instead of just the article title. As most on this site know such titles are often inaccurate and misleading.

As I said most here were motorbikes  which is the main mode of transport here. 

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

The current governor of Loei rides a bicycle to work.  Maybe not in a downpour, but often.  I hear he was helped as a child by "Tom",  a local farang monk who was from New Zealand.  Maybe he was taught well.

ooh The Catholic Priest at the school I went to In Australia use to help the little boys also (Wink Wink) He is now in jail where i hope he rots

• Sad 1