Phuket tourism vans, buses from ‘out of town’ ordered to undergo safety inspections

snoop1130

Phuket tourism vans, buses from ‘out of town’ ordered to undergo safety inspections

By The Phuket News

1533811015_1-org.jpg

A comercial passenger van undergoes a safety inspection at the Phuket Land of Transport Office (PLTO). Photo: Sirapisit Bunchoocheep

PHUKET:-- The Phuket Land of Transport Office (PLTO) has ordered all transportation and tourism business owners who operate vehicles that are registered in other provinces but operate in Phuket to bring their vehicles in for roadworthy inspections.

The deadline for the registered owners of all such vehicles, which includes passenger vans and charter buses, to have the checks completed is Aug 31, the notice warned.

The safety drive aims to reduce the number and severity of accidents from unroadworthy vehicles, PLTO Chief Banyat Kantha explained in the notice.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourism-vans-buses-from-out-of-town-ordered-to-undergo-safety-inspections-68192.php#tevLcHe0RlHyMWZF.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-8-9

7 hours ago, Grusa said:

Forgive me for wondering whether the inspections will be as rigorous as those they carry out annually for licence renewal on older vehicles. If so, issuing free amulets would be a more cost effective solution to the safety issues.

When I got my 1996 Nissan NV inspected this year, they put it on a dynamo, tested the emissions, and even check headlights alignment. But now registration and test is good for two years!

Edited by Jimi007

2 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

When I got my 1996 Nissan NV inspected this year, they put it on a dynamo, tested the emissions, and even check headlights alignment. But now registration and test is good for two years!

Thought test only valid for one month from date of testing. 

Yes, some test places follow the test procedure. Other do not. Place I go not even take a stencil of the chassis number, check all lights work. No emission test, no brake test, no headlight alignment. I go there every year with all 3 our cars. Maybe they have details on computer file. ??

43 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Thought test only valid for one month from date of testing. 

Yes, some test places follow the test procedure. Other do not. Place I go not even take a stencil of the chassis number, check all lights work. No emission test, no brake test, no headlight alignment. I go there every year with all 3 our cars. Maybe they have details on computer file. ??

They stopped doing the masking tape and pencil serial number thing last year or maybe two years ago. They do have computer files on the vehicles it seems. They do a light check and drive the car a bit, check the brakes, etc at the place in Rawai. They seem to go by the book. I've know the young guy that's been there for years, pleasant guy. His boss was a really nice guy but died a few years back in an accident. 

My Blue book is stamped for two years (2561 and 2562) registration and my window sticker is 2562, so I doubt I need another inspection until then. I had the inspection shop in Rawai do it all the paperwork for me as I have for the past 12 years, my insurance too. Although when the owner died, I had to go to Phuket Town. Now that the Rawai shop is open again, much easier!

They told me now two years testing for cars and every year for motorcycles as we have both.

Edited by Jimi007