UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 hour ago, Orac said:

To be fair Farage looks quite reasonable compared to UKIPs current leader who takes incompetence to a whole new level. Interesting that fishing is back in the conversation again as we have seen here today, just a shame that Batten slept in when he was supposed to be talking about it in front of the fishmongers at Lowestoft yesterday.

074A58E3-FA73-4A64-AE41-08D76BC5E73B.png

Agreed ????????

20 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You really want to force the Germans to spend 2% of 3 trillion per annum on defence. Any idea how many Leopard IIs that would buy.

No, nonsense. Enjoy the peace dividend and stop pissing off Russia by parking tanks on their front lawn.

Yes as they don’t spend what we do then expect us to protect them?

but I also agree no point in poking the Bear unless you can wake it with a big pot of honey?

11 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes as they don’t spend what we do then expect us to protect them?

but I also agree no point in poking the Bear unless you can wake it with a big pot of honey?

Do the mathematics 

Who said 2%??

I like the idea of spending less on "defence"

We have a viable nuclear deterrent 

No, if Germany are happy with 1%, fine with me!

What about sovereignty? I thought that was THE big deal for Brexiters. I don't give a damn what Trump's opinion is. On anything.

you fancy 6000 new Leopard II main battle tanks? Every year. ????

Edited by Grouse

38 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Great stuff, keep it coming

Alfred would be a better exemplar than St George for sure! Or AEthelstan even better!

Did you ever visit Winchester Cathedral to see the remains of the Anglo Saxon kings? (as you know, but some may not, Winchester was the capital before London) Anyway Cromwell's "model army" smashed all the casks so that they're all mixed up! 

May Scott allow,

but to make it clear that UK's mishap with EEC/EU has zilch to do with Norway,

the brawl at Stamford Bridge has a much more prominent place in Norwegian history than in yours

there was a huge Viking army at the Bridge, huge, it was beaten to pieces,

that defeat really marked the end of the Viking's messing around on the foggy islands - a few years later

the end of the Viking era at large was coming

(had the Vikings hacked that brawl in usual and good style then they would largely have controlled the whole of England)

the Viking menace in "UK" was twofold,

Norwegians happy with robbing assets, burning down places,

nicking lasses for being slaves at home, going to the pub - having a ball

Danes, more cunning and organized - arranging trade agreements,  claiming taxes, hence, ruling - making long term satang

• Like 2

Criminal investigation started into Arron Banks:

“Mr Banks was not the true source of the £8m reported as loans
The parties to the financial transactions that led to the £8m being paid into BFTC’s bank account included a non-qualifying or impermissible company, Rock Holding Limited, which was incorporated in the Isle of Man
Leave.EU, Elizabeth Bilney (the responsible person for Leave.EU), BFTC, Mr Banks, and possibly others, concealed the true details of these financial transactions, including from us, and also did so by knowingly making statutory returns/reports which were incomplete and inaccurate, or false
Various criminal offences may have been committed”

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/our-work/roles-and-responsibilities/our-role-as-regulator-of-political-party-finances/sanctions/report-on-investigation-into-payments-made-to-better-for-the-country-and-leave.eu

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/1498-nca-initiates-investigation-following-electoral-commission-referral

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tebee said:

82% of housing in Singapore is on cheap goverment 99 years leases - I can't see the UK investing in social housing like that! It's also a dictatorship which makes things easier.

I'm not sure just how much of the Singapore model we would want to adopt. 

No point trying to compare the UK to Singapore. Not doable.  

Edited by nauseus

43 minutes ago, Orac said:

Criminal investigation started into Arron Banks:

“Mr Banks was not the true source of the £8m reported as loans
The parties to the financial transactions that led to the £8m being paid into BFTC’s bank account included a non-qualifying or impermissible company, Rock Holding Limited, which was incorporated in the Isle of Man
Leave.EU, Elizabeth Bilney (the responsible person for Leave.EU), BFTC, Mr Banks, and possibly others, concealed the true details of these financial transactions, including from us, and also did so by knowingly making statutory returns/reports which were incomplete and inaccurate, or false
Various criminal offences may have been committed”

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/our-work/roles-and-responsibilities/our-role-as-regulator-of-political-party-finances/sanctions/report-on-investigation-into-payments-made-to-better-for-the-country-and-leave.eu

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/1498-nca-initiates-investigation-following-electoral-commission-referral

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yawn

Just now, Patriot1066 said:

Yawn

Just now, mommysboy said:

Sorry. I thought I was responding to the Patriot, who seemed to be in favour of no transition period.

Actually we shouldn’t have needed a transition if we had got in with the job in the first place 30 months ago!

But both the EU need a transition or it will be quiet chaotic on both sides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

I'll try that in my Grouse. Less air so denser I imagine. I once made the error here of suggesting that colder ice would be good. I was wrong. No, really. I now understand that most of the energy is from latent heat of fusion not the temperature.

latent heat of fusion water j/kg

Stop sniggering at the back Nauseus!

I nearly spilled my Nash on the rocks!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Actually we shouldn’t have needed a transition if we had got in with the job in the first place 30 months ago!

But both the EU need a transition or it will be quiet chaotic on both sides.

‘Quiet chaotic’ doesn’t sound too bad, but I’m afraid that ‘quite chaotic’ is a better description of the situation, particularly on the UK side........

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Great stuff, keep it coming

Alfred would be a better exemplar than St George for sure! Or AEthelstan even better!

Did you ever visit Winchester Cathedral to see the remains of the Anglo Saxon kings? (as you know, but some may not, Winchester was the capital before London) Anyway Cromwell's "model army" smashed all the casks so that they're all mixed up! 

Rotten Roundheads.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damascase said:

‘Quiet chaotic’ doesn’t sound too bad, but I’m afraid that ‘quite chaotic’ is a better description of the situation, particularly on the UK side........

Yes I can’t blame the EU for our political class not been able to negotiate. But it is everyone’s interest to sort things out, no deal doesn’t mean no cooperation?