"Possessed" taxi driver explains himself: It's because Thai passengers pick their noses in my cab

webfact

6 hours ago, rwill said:

It does gross me out some when I see waiters/waitresses picking before bringing stuff out.  Specially when they have their fingers inside the glass they are giving you.

Once at food court I'm looking for which counter to patronize.  As I approach one the fellow behind the counter is doing a first-knuckler and asks me what I want.  I just kept walking.  It'snot what I wanted.

Impressive how they can fit so much in their tiny noses.

When I lived in California I used to say an advantage of being on a date with a Chinese girl is it's ok to pick your nose.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cadbury said:

He wouldn't have wanted to have witnessed what I once saw in a S.E. Asian railway station. A young couple were sitting opposite. I concluded they were not married because they were showing signs of affection to one another.

He lay his head back and she did an amazing job of picking his nose for him with her thin dainty fingers and long nails. Then balling up the treasures and flicking them under the seat.  

I was repulsed at first then I thought what a remarkable show of public affection for the one you truly love in a country where picking one's nose is not considered to be offensive. 

This is in direct defiance of the old saying "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose."

• Like 1

taxi man know knows it doesn't pay to thumb his nose at nosepickers

snot nice

he should have asked them that simple riddle:

"what's green and can travel backwards at 60mph?"

and then wait for them to pick their brains on it...

20 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I must say Thais do it all the time. Was in Homepro this week and a salesperson had his finger up his nose then rolled the stuff between his fingers as if it were normal  (well it is here!).

It was enough to make me 'speak in tongues' to my Thai friend I must say.

Well, u are lucky to see that most of the time they are hiding and on their mobile phones.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:36 PM, Veeke said:

Which country in the world has "all clean" citizens?

Okay, I will join your stupid guessing game - where?  :clap2:

Ooops...:sorry: I think your 'question' was only rhetorical. 

On 8/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, Veeke said:

Is it not more dirty lamenting a country or a nation for behaviour of a few of its citizens? Which country in the world has "all clean" citizens?

None have all clean peoples. But, which one has the most nose-pickers??

• Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 9:02 AM, Vacuum said:

Lucky he didn't pick up any Chinese tourists, they're known to use the taxi as a toilet. That would've upset him big time.

This activity can be found in every country, not limited to Thailand and China.

There's also the other side of the coin, taxi drivers who refuse to take customers, refuse to start the meter, act dumb at very clear explanations of how to get to the destination, mumble, talk whole journey on LINE, and more.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

There's also the other side of the coin, taxi drivers who refuse to take customers, refuse to start the meter, act dumb at very clear explanations of how to get to the destination, mumble, talk whole journey on LINE, and more.

Lived in UK, visited USA and Europe extensively and never seen it. Take off the rose tinted specs for a change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

I've just come across  this definition. Bangkok taxi driver: One fluent in the art of excuses as to why any requested journey is not as straightforward as the victim customer believes it should be.

Ranging from too hot, to cold, too normal, destination too distant, too close, too inconvenient. The original excuses were more limited: very expensive, meter broken, Grand Palace only - special price.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Lived in UK, visited USA and Europe extensively and never seen it. Take off the rose tinted specs for a change.

UK, capital of pickers, your obviously in denial but it’s ok probably no one seen you having a fly little pick ? 

On 8/10/2018 at 3:36 AM, Veeke said:

Is it not more dirty lamenting a country or a nation for behaviour of a few of its citizens? Which country in the world has "all clean" citizens?

I am a taxi driver in London and can confirm that people pick their noses over there as well. They either eat their boogers or wipe them on the seat or floor.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:31 AM, worgeordie said:

Walking through the cosmetics dept of Central,the ladies

all done upin their finest,some with their fingers up the

nose,and don't flinch when they see you looking at them.

regards worgeordie

Putting lipstick on a pig and it will still be a pig.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:35 AM, webfact said:

He is tired of Thais picking their noses in his cab

I always thought a professional driver was in a unique position to deal with nose pickers. Just wait until you see them knuckle deep in the rear view mirror, then brake sharply. 

1 hour ago, strewth mick said:

I am a taxi driver in London and can confirm that people pick their noses over there as well. They either eat their boogers or wipe them on the seat or floor.

I see. The phrase "green taxi" has nothing to do with it being environmentally friendly then.

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2018 at 9:53 AM, Darcula said:

The wai as a form of greeting was probably invented because of nose-picking and not washing hands after a visit to the toilet.

Plus if you're tempted, the nose is right there in range. Easy to enjoy a quick probe when lowering the head. 

• Haha 1