Elderly Pattaya couple dies in apparent murder-suicide

Rimmer

Elderly Pattaya couple dies in apparent murder-suicide

PATTAYA:-- Murder-suicide is suspected in the death of an elderly couple in central Pattaya.

The body of Rungrit Chunhasri, 70, was lying in bed, a gunshot to the head. Next to him, laying on her stomach, was his wife, 62-year-old Amnuay Pengkla. She had been shot in the forehead.

There were no signs of a break-in or struggle at the Central Road Soi 9 commercial building which had a barber shop downstairs and living quarters upstairs. Gunshot residue was found on both victims’ hands as well as fingerprints.

Forensics experts were called on to determine which one was the shooter who killed their partner before committing suicide.

Neighbors said they had seen Rungrit sitting on his porch earlier and that his wife had been upstairs. A neighbor heard what she thought was three gunshots, which she thought were electrical shorts. She went to investigate and found the bodies.

Police said Rungrit was being treated for depression.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-08-10

20 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Nothing from the usual serial RIPers?

Funny that. I guess because they are Thai they are not worthy of your comment. 

Rest in peace both of you and I hope you do find the peace you desperately sought. 

A friend from work and his wife went the same way except they both hung themselves together in the shower. Another friend swallowed a shotgun. Several died by car in single vehicle accidents , deliberately. 

Forget the Samaritan hot line as the nanny state media try and ram down out throats in some misguided PR stunt to make it look as though the actually care.  They don't.  A call centre is not the place to go if you are suicidal. 

Depression is a terrible thing.  Went through it myself after a cancer diagnosis. During my treatment I saw many people in a similar state of mind.  The single biggest best piece of advice if you know someone with suicidal depression is DO NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE.

What a lot of people don't realise is that depression is not just 'in your head' .

My friend who shot himself described the physical pain of depression. When the physical pain overcomes the will to live.... Suicide follows shortly after.  Sad..... But those are the facts. 

Fortunately medication worked for me. Still alive after 13 years with a different  outlook on life. Started smoking again and really do not give a sh! t about anything. 

I'm on borrowed time as far as I'm concerned and will enjoy every single moment of it. 

I'm still not over the hill after one of our grade 12 students, an 18-year-old boy committed suicide yesterday by jumping off the fifth floor of a building on campus. Scary is that there seem to be quite a lot of teenagers without a future who have similar thoughts. 

• Like 1