PM says science important to national development

rooster59

PM says science important to national development

Nuppol Suvansombut

PNSOC610817001002101.jpg

NONTABURI, 17th August 2018 (NNT)-Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged children to be more interested in science as it is important to the development of the country. 

Speaking during the opening ceremony of the 2018 National Science and Technology Fair, Gen Prayut said science is part of everyday life and that applied science, through research and development, lays a foundation for the country to grow economically. 

The premier added that science also inspires people to develop ideas and innovations that could be beneficial to the country. To make his statement clearer, he compared traffic management to a science in which the government is trying to improve the situation and solve traffic problems. 

Gen Prayut is also set to address the importance of science during his weekly public address tonight along with the need to continue His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s royal projects in order to achieve sustainable national development goals. 

The Prime Minister later visited various exhibitions to learn more about waste management and food technology. The most popular exhibition among visitors is the one about the rescue of the Wild Boar football team at Tham Luang cave. 

Visitors get to learn what it is like to be trapped inside a cave at 16 degrees Celsius and how to survive the ordeal. The 2018 National Science and Technology Fair is taking place now until August 26th at Impact Arena Muang Thong Thani.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-18

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SABloke said:

I reckon you're thinking of the fully automated traffic lights. The head honcho forced everyone to use manual instead as the traffic situation in BKK was "unique" and automated traffic lights couldn't accommodate for different volumes of vehicles from different directions.

I swear the idiot thought that the lights just split time equally between roads and that that couldn't be adjusted.

The system that was installed was suppose to be very sophisticated, but according to lore, the BiB saw it as a threat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, attrayant said:

Just like with English and other core subjects, they all take a back seat to culture and tradition subjects, and learning how to genuflect and follow leaders blindly.

Such a mindset gives children answers that mustn’t be questioned, where as science gives us questions that must be answered.

Sounds religious to me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Visitors get to learn what it is like to be trapped inside a cave at 16 degrees Celsius

eh? I saw it was 23c in those caves...................did he mention all the lucky charms, Monk-eys and other mumbo jumbo buddhist  crap actually  didnt get those boys out?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, attrayant said:

learning how to genuflect 

What a fountain of knowledge is Tvf .. Never even heard that one before but having noogled it I will now expect my bird to do likewise whenever I enter .. the room .. Gracias hombre ..

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

However, no Biology classes for students as that may teach them about sexual reproduction which is now banned indefinitely for all student in Thailand at all times forever.  :unsure:

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1