2018 Retirement Extension Report from Chaengwattana BKK

35 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

For the love of Buddha is there any discernable reason why a TM7 needs a phone# on the back and a Tm8 needs it on the front? I think I will put it on both sides just to be sure.

That's why I underlined the difference between the TM7 and TM8 instructions re the placement of the written phone numbers, because they're oddly opposite and different.

BKK CW has been doing it that way as long as I can remember. If you don't write your phone number on the back of the TM7 extension and the front of the TM8 re-entry permit forms, they'll correct you on that point.

Of course, you could also ask.... if they want phone numbers at certain locations on their TM forms, why don't they just add a phone number line to the various forms!

• Like 1

Thanks TallGuy! 'preciate immensely your annual detailed report...especially since mine is always only a few months off.

That said... 

Just have to LMFAO! Thailand...crappy hand drawn map which may or may not even be accurate...somehow makes the actual address more legit and acceptable. :cheesy: Gimme an EFFIN' break! This place just gets sillier and sillier as it supposedly progresses out of the 20th Century and into the 21st. (Big emphasis and a wink on supposedly!)  Thai Immigration doesn't have access to a computer with Google Maps if necessary??? :crazy:

Thanks again for the great report! :thumbsup:

Remember the ill-fated personal information form -- where do you hang out, what are your social media accounts, etc etc..  That came, and then it went....  Who knows what will happen with the home map deal.

But I will note this -- I gather, there are lots of areas here where street addresses are not arranged in the normal numerical progression that you'd expect. And likewise, there are lots of house/residence addresses here that are not entered in Google Maps at all, I know this, because my house was one of those. And it became a problem as we progressed into the world of online ordering and home deliveries, as my very simple and clear home address wouldn't register in GM when the delivery services went looking. Finally had to register a fake business address to get my house number to be reflected in GM... So it works now.

As for Immigration, I'm sure it's so they'll be able to "assist" me should the need ever arise.... cough cough...

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 1:28 PM, Pib said:

TallGuy,

I did my annual renewal of retirement extension of stay yesterday.  When I was reading you post I thought I was reading my own Trip Report I do for myself each year which I use to refresh my memory when it comes next renewal time.  Below is a cut and paste of my trip report for yesterday.   My trip started off from my western Bangkok moobaan and I drove to CW.

Thanks Pib, thanks TallGuyJohn for these reports.

Neither of you mention bringing any proof of residence documents.  I will be going to CW for the annual extension to my non-imm "O" in a few months and wondered if no longer having a lease or anything (I've been outside of Thailand for most of the year and now staying in long-term BKK hotels until I decide where to settle) could be a problem. (I did my previous extensions in another district and had to bring my landlady the first time.)

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Neither of you mention bringing any proof of residence documents.  I will be going to CW for the annual extension to my non-imm "O" in a few months and wondered if no longer having a lease or anything (I've been outside of Thailand for most of the year and now staying in long-term BKK hotels until I decide where to settle) could be a problem. (I did my previous extensions in another district and had to bring my landlady the first time.)

In almost a decade of doing extensions at CW I've never been asked for residence docs---never.  I do take along my Yellow Book, Pink ID, and a utility bill showing my residence but proof of residence has never, ever been asked for.

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Thanks Pib, thanks TallGuyJohn for these reports.

I believe, I mentioned that I ALWAYS bring a copy of my home lease, utility bills confirming my address, etc etc... ALWAYS... But like Pib, I've never been asked to show any of them over many years. But I still bring all those things every time, and will continue to do so in the future.

That said,, I may not be a good yardstick for that issue, as I've lived in the same address for the entirety of my stay in Thailand, never moved once. So after all this time, I'm pretty sure Immigration is pretty clear about where I live.

I believe, in the past, people staying in hotels long-term have been advised to bring a copy of their payment receipt(s) to the hotel, or a letter from the hotel confirming occupancy, a reservation document, or similar like that.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I did this a few days ago. Things I noted that are slightly different to points mentioned in this thread:

1. It made no difference where my mobile ph number was written. I had it at top of form on both sides. The IO still re wrote herself in the remarks section (reason for extension section) on TM7 front side.

2. I was asked to show originals and copies of current 90 day reports, TM30s - but this may have been because the IO noticed my last extension was done in another IO office.

3. I produced computer generated print outs of the STM2 form (one page about "Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temp stay in the Kingdom" and "one page about "Acknowledgement of penalties for visa overstay". Complete waste of time/ink as the IO wanted her own forms filled in by handwriting again as it was already covered in her rubber stamps as they need them now.

4. There was a new form I haven't seen before simply called STATEMENT I had to sign. It was so unintelligible, seemed to be just confirming my address, witness to application, to me I couldn't understand what I was supposed to fill in and the IO said never mind and completed most of it herself in Thai.

5. For transport I would avoid any short haul buses in/out to the main road especially if its pissing down. I simply got the 66 aircon bus that's 15THB each way and runs from Tao Pooh MRT station right to the front door of immigration building in 30-40 minutes. They run every 15 mins. No need to step into rain at all between MRT and Imm office. Avoid peak traffic tho if time important.

Edited by MJKT2014
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

2. I was asked to show originals and copies of current 90 day reports, TM30s - but this may have been because the IO noticed my last extension was done in another IO office.

3. I produced computer generated print outs of the STM2 form (one page about "Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temp stay in the Kingdom" and "one page about "Acknowledgement of penalties for visa overstay". Complete waste of time/ink as the IO wanted her own forms filled in by handwriting again as it was already covered in her rubber stamps as they need them now.

Re #2, I suspect that's the case.  I'd be very surprised if they ask for those again once you're established in BKK. They never have with me.

Re #3, this year, I think the IO had 3 or so different one-page misc. forms in half Thai/half English that needed to be filled out with name, address etc and signed. I too had one of those pre-filled out, and the officer turned it away, saying they had changed the form and I needed to use the new one she was providing. Just a lot of paper. Nothing of great substance among those, AFAICT.

• 4 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 10:57 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"--TM 7 retirement extension form printed double-sided on one page .."

TallGuy I think you said that both the TM-7 and TM-8 had to be printed double-sided on one page.  I've been doing this at CW for years with single-sided forms (2 pages) and never had a problem.  Is this something new?  Are you sure it's really required?

13 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

TallGuy I think you said that both the TM-7 and TM-8 had to be printed double-sided on one page.  I've been doing this at CW for years with single-sided forms (2 pages) and never had a problem.  Is this something new?  Are you sure it's really required?

That's what Immigration at CW has always told me, and been advised here on the forum as well...

But if CW is actually accepting them in the single sided, stapled pages variety, who am I to complain!

3 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's what Immigration at CW has always told me, and been advised here on the forum as well...

But if CW is actually accepting them in the single sided, stapled pages variety, who am I to complain!

Don't know whether CW "recycle" blank sides of single-sided forms for (e.g.) 90-day report notification purposes in the way that a number of other offices (including mine) do, but, if they do, better to complete TM7 and TM8 forms double-sided in any event IMHO.

• Haha 1