Rux-thai Guest House Chiang Mai

srowndedbyh2o

I’ve posted this on another forum, and hoping to pick up some more info here.

Has anyone stayed at, or have knowledge of the Rux-Thai Guest House at 11/2 Soi 1 Loy Kroh Rd.? I’m looking for a Guest House in the B500 to B700 range, walking distance to the Night Market. Taking Mom and the whole family.

I’ve posted this on another forum, and hoping to pick up some more info here.

Has anyone stayed at, or have knowledge of the Rux-Thai Guest House at 11/2 Soi 1 Loy Kroh Rd.? I’m looking for a Guest House in the B500 to B700 range, walking distance to the Night Market. Taking Mom and the whole family.

Why stay at a guest house when you can stay at a local hotel for the same money. One that springs to mind is the "Thapae Place" hotel. All the usual, such as cable TV, fridge, air con etc. Around 650 Baht. Another one is the "Star" hotel, which is just behind the "Duang Tawan" hotel right on the edge of the Night Bazaar.

• 2 weeks later...
I've posted this on another forum, and hoping to pick up some more info here.

Has anyone stayed at, or have knowledge of the Rux-Thai Guest House at 11/2 Soi 1 Loy Kroh Rd.? I'm looking for a Guest House in the B500 to B700 range, walking distance to the Night Market. Taking Mom and the whole family.

Hello Srownded,

Did you manage to get a hotel to suit you? I also will visit Chiang Mai in three weeks time and am currently trying to book my first two nights hotel accommadation. I am torn between savouring the great value and going for a B1000 - B1200 hotel, or whether to splash out on the first two nights and stay in a 4* or even 5*, I am curious to know how you get one.

Any futher input on great hotels is always welcome.

Thanks

Mark from Ireland