Police say they know those responsible in missing Australian-Thai couple case: But their fate remains uncertain

webfact

Police say they know those responsible in missing Australian-Thai couple case: But their fate remains uncertain

1PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in the north of Thailand are in the process of obtaining warrants in the case of the missing Thai/Australian Phrae couple. 

They say that at least 2 or three people are involved and they know who they are. They called it a "family affair".

Nott Suddaen, 61, and Alan Hawk, now said to be 64, went missing last week

Daily News said that Nott's brother Warun Watanasatjakit, 63, was bailed out by relatives for 100,000 baht after being charged with theft. 

Warun - who had arguments with the couple - was reported as pawning the couple's white Ford pick-up and has been charged with theft. He was now at his Soong district home. 

Yesterday Region 5 chief Pol Lt-Gen Poonsak Prasertsak held a one hour meeting at the Phra That Chorhae sub-district police station with other top brass. The press were not admitted. 

After that the delegation went to the property in the Chorhae area where the couple lived and Daily News said that a lake was inspected by rescue divers but nothing was found. 

Again the press were kept away. 

Lt-Gen Poonsak said that evidence gathering is still taking place but that 2 or three people known to police will be served with warrants. 

He called it an "incident within the family"  but refused to be drawn on the fate of the couple. 

Police have the pick-up in their possession but are trying to follow its exact movements from CCTV and witness evidence. 

Earlier reports suggested that blood was found at the property and someone had made an attempt to clean it up. 

Daily News added that the couple largely kept themselves to themselves. They reared ducks, geese and cattle on their property but not for sale or food. 

They made frequent and long trips to Australia and had just got back at the beginning of the month and were preparing to visit a relative in Chiang Mai when they went missing. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-24

If there is only one trace of blood left on the floor it's possible to test it for DNA. They searched the lake with divers, why not with dogs that can smell a corps from distance or does Thai police don't have those kind of dogs?

• Like 1

i do hope for the couple, they seem like an ordinary retired couple living between oz and Los.

Not sure what the feud is about, no doubt money will come into it.

I think the police suspect they have been murdered and also as mentioned are fairly confident who the perps are.

The brother can't be the smartest taking their car to pawn after they went missing so i reckon they've probably not covered their tracks well at all.

I do hope they turn up but fear the worst, however believe it or not i reckon the BIB will get to the bottom of it

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do not get your panties in the twist , fairly standard procedure  worldwide not to comment or allow journo’s during active investigation 

I must be from a strange country then as I often see reporters standing outside the home/site/ of a murder enquiry reporting live on what happened, who has been arrested and on what charge, where the investigation is leading etc., etc. Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, but it seems weird that journalists are allowed all over some crime scenes here but not others. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:
1 hour ago, RotMahKid said:

If there is only one trace of blood left on the floor it's possible to test it for DNA. They searched the lake with divers, why not with dogs that can smell a corps from distance or does Thai police don't have those kind of dogs?

They do but they haven't taught them to scuba dive yet....

There are cadaver dogs which, from the surface, can locate corpses in quite deep water, using their sense of smell .

Although I very much doubt there are any of these trained animals in Thailand.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

I must be from a strange country then as I often see reporters standing outside the home/site/ of a murder enquiry reporting live on what happened, who has been arrested and on what charge, where the investigation is leading etc., etc. Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, but it seems weird that journalists are allowed all over some crime scenes here but not others. 

Indeed you are from a strange country to often see crime scenes .

just minor little detail, reporters had reported on 2 going missing, reporters are not invited to closed door investigations but are invited to press conferences to be updated 

A number of in the main off topic/troll posts and answers to them  have been removed.

Please keep on topic, abide by forum rules and keep supposition out of it.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Looking at the pics in the link of journos standing outside the gate, it appears to be quite a substantial property in a forested area. I guess the lake is also part of the holding.

Jealousy and greed may be large factors in this apparent crime.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

i do hope for the couple, they seem like an ordinary retired couple living between oz and Los.

Not sure what the feud is about, no doubt money will come into it.

I think the police suspect they have been murdered and also as mentioned are fairly confident who the perps are.

The brother can't be the smartest taking their car to pawn after they went missing so i reckon they've probably not covered their tracks well at all.

I do hope they turn up but fear the worst, however believe it or not i reckon the BIB will get to the bottom of it

They already have the car back so they probably have a statement and maybe cctv of the person who pawned it

Not looking good for anyone in this case 

9 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

her brother pawned it apparently, i think they'll all get caught for whatever's happened

Seems extreme intelligence had / has / is been applied throughout from all parties involved. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Warun - who had arguments with the couple - was reported as pawning the couple's white Ford pick-up and has been charged with theft. He was now at his Soong district home. 

Have the Police checked lately that he's still there.?

If he pawned their car,100% he knows where the

owners are,and it does not look good.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

There have been more off topic posts and answers removed and this was after a public warning.

A last warning is that if this continues the topic may be closed and the posters warned.

Note, one poster has already earned a 2 day posting suspension.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, happy chappie said:

as usual in Thailand.police as usual seem to be incompetent

It seems to me that they are acting in a very professional manner, knowing who they are after and even keeping the press away instead of posing for photos as the media trample everything. Very unusual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chopperboy said:

Get involved with a Thai family at your peril - people forget its the whole extended family they bought into not just the wife.

If you are a bad judge of character and marry into certsin families or if your are gullible. But anyway most of my friends married to Thais have little or nothing to do with their in laws. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, The manic said:

If you are a bad judge of character and marry into certsin families or if your are gullible. But anyway most of my friends married to Thais have little or nothing to do with their in laws. 

Not sure what a certsin family is. Is that somewhere nears Sicily?  However, certainly don't get involved with any of them if you are gullible. ????

Edited by Catkiwi
tropo

Well, one thing is for certain..  The brother/brother inlaw figured he could snag the truck and flip it.  Apparently there was no sales receipt, or they wouldn't have charged him with theft.  Leaves one hell of a suspect target on him, surprised they allowed bail...