Big Day For Chiang Mai Football Club.

EL159

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

I don't like to be pedantic but a win against PTT wouldn't have given CMFC promotion !

Agreed! My mistake! "Its Complicated" if 2 teams finish on level points its the "head to head" record of the two matches against each other, not goal difference. I often wondered if my school maths would ever be any use for anything....now I know !!

I have a few friends going to Khon Kaen this weekend, they were telling me that the owner of the club has put free transport on for any fans wanting to go. You wouldn't get that in the UK. They were also saying that they had heard a lot of regular western fans are setting off at various times from Thursday - Saturday morning via plane. Sounds like a good weekend away. Hope all goes well and I might be tempted to start going again. Not been since 2013.

Edited by stillhereandlovinit

6 hours ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

I have a few friends going to Khon Kaen this weekend, they were telling me that the owner of the club has put free transport on for any fans wanting to go. You wouldn't get that in the UK. 

Stoke City praised for free Premier League away coach travel initiative

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/19/stoke-city-free-away-travel?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

• Like 1

UPDATE ! CHIANG MAI FC PROMOTED! After a memorable and very tense game, Chiang Mai FC secured a draw 2-2 away at Khon Kaen, guaranteeing the final promotion place on the final day of the season against the only team that could have overtaken them! Chiang Mai supporters packed one end of the ground, something over 500 people made the very long trip to Khon Kaen, and the Chiang Mai supporters outshouted and outsung the KK supporters throughout the game. Passion, intensity and tension were all on display and the Chiang Mai team were remarkably humble. Most of them even stopped by at the bar where we were celebrating to thank us for our support! You wouldnt get that from most sports teams! Roll on next season, when the very best teams in Thailand will be visiting Chiang Mai! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EL159 said:

UPDATE ! CHIANG MAI FC PROMOTED! After a memorable and very tense game, Chiang Mai FC secured a draw 2-2 away at Khon Kaen, guaranteeing the final promotion place on the final day of the season against the only team that could have overtaken them! Chiang Mai supporters packed one end of the ground, something over 500 people made the very long trip to Khon Kaen, and the Chiang Mai supporters outshouted and outsung the KK supporters throughout the game. Passion, intensity and tension were all on display and the Chiang Mai team were remarkably humble. Most of them even stopped by at the bar where we were celebrating to thank us for our support! You wouldnt get that from most sports teams! Roll on next season, when the very best teams in Thailand will be visiting Chiang Mai! 

I watched the game on TV and yes, it was very exciting. Khon Kaen could have won the match in the 88th minute from a cross which was met by an unmarked player who shot wide. From then on stalemate! Congratulations. For me, the best result of the day was West Ham 3 Man U 1