Cataract Surgery in Chiang Mai

NaamGin

Looking for referrals from people that have had cataract surgery / lens implants done in Chiang Mai. I know there are a variety of places in CM that can do this surgery, but I am looking a someone with a good reputation and of course, price is a factor. 

I was recently diagnosed with a cataract in one eye, not too bad, but it is effecting the prescription for that eye. My optometrist say that it would not be advisable to change prescriptions to correct this until I had cataract surgery. I went to RAM to have this diagnosed and to check on getting it fixed. There was one test they could not do as they did not have the equipment to do the test. It turns out that if you have had Lasik in the past, cataract surgery is not as straight forward. They referred me to Sriphat hospital round the corner where I had this one test done. Now I am ready to go in for the surgery and am looking for people's experiences. I am leaning toward having the cataract surgery done at Sriphat by Dr Manachai as the cost is roughly 15,000 baht less than at RAM. Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks for the reply Sheryl. 

Getting the original corneal measurements is probably not possible as I originally had Lasik done 10 years ago in my country. I was referred to Dr Manachai as he has experience in these types of surgery. 

I appreciate the positive response on Sriphat.