MotoGP racer slams Thai motorcyclists for riding on Bangkok pavement

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Outside the track. I would think that most attendees on big bikes already wear safety gear. What was done to target the average helmet-less Somchai on his step-thru through the media on a national level?

I have no idea, just telling you what I saw. Did you watch Thai TV over the weekend? Do you know the media did or didn't campaign about road safety or are you just assuming?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Given the shocking number of motorcycle road deaths in Thailand each year and the boasting about billions of baht being generated from the MotoGP it's a shame that they could not have used this event to publicize road safety on two wheels. An opportunity missed. But hey, as long as the baht keeps rolling in and the trough gets refilled then the powers that be don't really give a sh1t about reducing loss of life on the roads.

"Given the shocking number of motorcycle road deaths in Thailand each year" - That's exactly why all those peeps  in the pics were riding on the pavement, because they knew about all those road deaths and didn't wanna be part of the death stats. ????????????

• Haha 2

in Thailands defence( and I cant often defend this country as it is so lawless) I can say with experience ( and 9 stiches on my leg) Vietnams ''scooter on pathway'' is far worse than thailands....in summary '' thailands is bad,but it will get worse''

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I see police riding on the Beach Road pavement throughout the day in Pattaya

I do, too. I hadn't see that before, but a stroll down beach road had motorcyclists coming at me on the sidewalk. I didn't move out of the way, and they looked at me like I was crazy. 

• Confused 1