The week that was in Thailand news: Jeez! Must pack and take a plane and get me to Blighty once again!

rooster59

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Though I never followed her cockney appreciation for revolting jellied eels and pie and mash and "liquor"

I've yet to take the Thai family for this London delicacy, something that will be rectified on my next visit. I wonder what they'll make of Manze's in Peckham?

• Like 1

Safe journey on China Southern. Actually going from Gor gai to Kor kwai. If you know your Gai Kwai Kuat.

You're a braver man than me.

Actually I contemplated travelling in 3 weeks time via Eurowings till I realised their German name was in part Fartges.

My sympathy, like yours I'm sure, goes to the low income pensioners trying in many cases to support a family, as well as themselves. With very little help from the British embassy.

It just goes to show the percentage of decision making tw*ts in that institution, which we paid for over the years, has increased rather than reduced.

Edited by Andyfez
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Well said, overherebc. Distinctly "I'm all right Jack - look at me; how clever I am at obtaining Permanent Residence".

I'm pleased for you rooster - pleased that at least one of us Brits is going to be OK when the new rules take effect.

But you don't have to be so <deleted> smug about it and we definitely don't need your patronising, sneering and insultingly, crass comments.

However. you jolly well 'pop off' to good old Blighty. Enjoy yourself and then everyone here can read on your return, your condescending and sneering comments about "The land of our birth"!

By the way. One of my pensions is from 26 years served in the Royal Navy. You appear not to have served your country 'of birth' but you may wish to know that it is only recently that the end of the Falklands War was commemorated. Whatever your thoughts regarding Thatcher - Great Britain lost dozens of patriotic and brave members of the Armed forces. 'Down South' during that conflict.

You sir. haven't earned the right to criticise us pensioners and Thailand certainly hasn't earned the right to tax my Armed Forces pension either!

Those who can, do.

Those who cannot, teach.

I believe the original quote used 'criticise' and not 'teach'

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

Well said, overherebc. Distinctly "I'm all right Jack - look at me; how clever I am at obtaining Permanent Residence".
I'm pleased for you rooster - pleased that at least one of us Brits is going to be OK when the new rules take effect.

But you don't have to be so smug about it and we definitely don't need your patronising, sneering and insultingly, crass comments.
However. you jolly well 'pop off' to good old Blighty. Enjoy yourself and then everyone here can read on your return, your condescending and sneering comments about "The land of our birth"!

By the way. One of my pensions is from 26 years served in the Royal Navy. You appear not to have served your country 'of birth' but you may wish to know that it is only recently that the end of the Falklands War was commemorated. Whatever your thoughts regarding Thatcher - Great Britain lost dozens of patriotic and brave members of the Armed forces. 'Down South' during that conflict.

You sir. haven't earned the right to criticise us pensioners and Thailand certainly hasn't earned the right to tax my Armed Forces pension either!

Please stop watching FOX

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Confused 4

Enormous improvements in many aspects of the country??? Errrr examples please. True, I no longer have to produce a photocopy of my passport to go to the toilet. Apart from that. Ok Thais no longer have to complete the TM7. Obviously a giant leap forward. Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2