dtac unveils new Huawei Mate 20 Series

rooster59

dtac unveils new Huawei Mate 20 Series

By The Nation

f0329cb702a50f947263e5fed0625244.jpeg

dtac is taking pre-orders for the new Huawei Mate 20 Series, offering special promotions for current customers while blue and gold member customers get superior prices without advance payment.

According to a press release issued by the company on Friday, the new Huawei Mate 20 Series flagship smartphone is powered by AI Kirin 980 chipset to deliver the powerful AI capabilities. 

The new series also comes with 40W Huawei SuperCharge, 15W Huawei Wireless Quick Charge, and high-capacity batteries to provide the longer usage time. 

The triple rear-camera co-engineered with Leica lets users see wider, and get closer with its new macro distance capability. In addition, the famous Four-Point Design gives the device an eye-catching and unique visual identity.

Pre-orders are taken through the dtac website at https://www.dtac.co.th/huawei-mate20/ from October 26, 2018 at 9am, to November 4, 2018, at 5pm. 

Customers can pick up the smartphones during November 4, 2018 at dtac stores or delivery at home. It will be available at dtac centers nationwide and dtac online store on November 9, 2018. For more information visit www.dtac.co.th.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30357268

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-28

59 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Can anyone explain this to me please.

I guess that now the 3 cameras and the flash are in a square in the middle of the phone instead in one row on the side as before.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I guess that now the 3 cameras and the flash are in a square in the middle of the phone instead in one row on the side as before.

How dumb am I not to have realised this. Thanks.   So it is easier to cover up the cameras and flash with your hand now. LOL

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Coupled with which, the lens assembly looks spectacularly ugly.

You probably have no clue about the excellent specs of this phone, which is a Samsung and iPhone killer (well, the Mate 20 Pro at least). Google it!

The camera with flash array is where they should be! Where do you keep your fingers when making a photo? Right, at the edge of the phone, away from the middle! Duh.

Lots of more superb features, such as fingerprint reader inside the screen! And a 3D scanning camera!

No, I'm not working for Huawei, but quite enthusiastic about this phone, which will be my next phone. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wgdanson said:

How dumb am I not to have realised this. Thanks.   So it is easier to cover up the cameras and flash with your hand now. LOL

The camera with flash array is where they should be! Where do you keep your fingers when making a photo? Right, at the edge of the phone, away from the middle! Duh.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cheops said:

You probably have no clue about the excellent specs of this phone, which is a Samsung and iPhone killer (well, the Mate 20 Pro at least). Google it!

The camera with flash array is where they should be! Where do you keep your fingers when making a photo? Right, at the edge of the phone, away from the middle! Duh.

Lots of more superb features, such as fingerprint reader inside the screen! And a 3D scanning camera!

No, I'm not working for Huawei, but quite enthusiastic about this phone, which will be my next phone. 

Well, go for it, I say. To adapt an old metaphor, what is sauce for the goose is not necessarily sauce for the gander. It's not for me. 

• Like 1

I would have considered the big  7.2" one with the 5000MaH battery for a device to work on but a bit disappointing they aren't going to include the 40watt super charger with it.....(it comes with the 22.5watt one that the mate 10 came with last year) 

Common sense would have thought  the biggest  screen + battery version needs fast charge the most but it gives people more incentive to pay extra for the pro i guess ..... 

Probably we will be allowed to buy the 40watt super charger separately later but id expect it to be in the box for starting price of $1043.... 

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Huawei has been making good phones for years, but can someone tell me what is the difference between p20 pro which has been available for a while now and this?

Newer faster Kirin Processor 

Slightly bigger battery 4'200

Wireless Recharging and able to recharge other wireless products with the mobile (example earpods)

One of the 3 cameras has changed (Instead of the monochrome they put in a 0.6 zoom one.. not sure how many MP)

Fingerprint sensor under the display

New and better 3d face recognition camera

Display compared to size bigger, as there is less space on the bottom, where the P20 has the Fingerprintsensor button (Which I actually still enjoy)

And I guess there are some more small or maybe even bigger features at the new mobile. But yes the Mate 20 is much more expensive...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I would have considered the big  7.2" one with the 5000MaH battery for a device to work on but a bit disappointing they aren't going to include the 40watt super charger with it.....(it comes with the 22.5watt one that the mate 10 came with last year) 

Common sense would have thought  the biggest  screen + battery version needs fast charge the most but it gives people more incentive to pay extra for the pro i guess ..... 

Probably we will be allowed to buy the 40watt super charger separately later but id expect it to be in the box for starting price of $1043.... 

Common sense is that most people the 7.2" will use mostly at home as a phablet, so no need for supercharge. Anyway 22.5W is still quite good for charging. Almost all standard chargers are 2.1A (which is about 10.5W using a 5V charger). Is 40W really preferred? That's 8A over 5V, which will heat up the device quite a bit I think.

Btw, the phone itself will need to be able to support this, so you can't buy a 40W supercharger separately. 

Edited by Cheops

Finally breaking down and buying the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Should be ready to collect from my local Robinson on Friday.

It's a steal at 32,000 at least it is compared to the outrageous price the UK mugs are being charged... and the UK version doesn't even come with a case.

There's nothing about this phone that I don't like. Can't wait.

Edited by killerbeez
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 1:49 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

Almost 1000$ for a phone??

No thanks, my new laptop was less than that.

A phone is obviously good on the go but at the house I use a tablet out on the patio with 2k screen so for me that much for a phone is wasted on me.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A phone these days can do basically everything that we used to do on laptops + it's more convenient 

Huawei prices are not low for sure but its arguably the best android flagship in the world right now and record numbers of people are willing to pay their asking price :

https://www.talkandroid.com/334193-mate-20-pro-beats-huaweis-pre-order-sales-record-in-western-europe-by-40/

They are cheaper on Aliexpress but likely no international warranty and the seller may or may not be willing/able to install the Google apps for you and a global firmware this early so i would not risk it personally.... 

On 10/26/2018 at 12:30 PM, dreytom said:

prices will come down anyway within a few months as newer tech hits the market and that sounds safer to me than ordering the Chinese model.... ???? 

The latest Snapdragon 855 chips are already in mass production which should give the other manufacturers a chance to compete with equal performance 

Qualcoms new 7nm tri cluster chip maybe even  faster than the kirin 980  according to  early benchmarks : 

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/qualcomm-snapdragon-855-benchmarked-seems-as-fast-as-cpu-in-iphone-8-1331398-2018-09-04

The phones we have in our pockets thesedays have vastly more computing power than even nasa had for the  moon missions ....

https://www.zmescience.com/research/technology/smartphone-power-compared-to-apollo-432/

Screenshot_20181111-000241.jpg

• Haha 1