Why Pattaya Changed

JimmyTheMook

My first trip to pattaya as a 45yo I was the the youngest guy in the go go ,the influx of younger mongers and the dodgy money is the biggest change in the bar gogo scene.The world is on the move and pattaya has moved with it visitors come in numbers from all over the planet,the Russians followed by the Chinese then Arabs and Indians,if Indonesia and Cambodia, Myanmar,Vietnam get a middle class expect even more visitors,enjoy it while you can you are a long time dead.

17 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Pattaya changed for the worse, when the 'hardcore mongers' started arriving.

Before then, it was a fun town with civilised expats and tourists.

hey, i resemble that remark !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is all about the money. More people coming to spend it on a wide range of "interests". Pattaya is more and more all things to all people. You can still be a monger if you want, but now you share the city with tourists on family holidays.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, camble said:

Ten years ago people were complaining about the Russians.

You are right but during that time several lower end economic countries have created a middle class who can afford to come here.

Just the beginning as evidenced by the low number of people in these countries who currently have passports which is going to increase greatly in the future.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

Pattaya is finished for the sexpat. When it costs $1-200 for a girl in a third world country no one is going to be bothered to fly 10,000 

Well, I do not because I live here and know better.

But, what you mention is still a bargain in many places in the world so it is stopping noone from coming...

Might be interesting if folks used term "monger" correctly. It pays to increase your word power, as Readers Digest used to print: " A monger is a seller, especially of something specific like a fish monger or an iron monger. You can use the noun monger as a word on its own, although it frequently shows up as a suffix, in words like cheesemonger. Monger can also be used as a verb meaning "to sell or peddle.""

Unless you are a pimp, you're the customer, the John, the target, walking ATM... sure there are other terms..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Might be interesting if folks used term "monger" correctly. It pays to increase your word power, as Readers Digest used to print: " A monger is a seller, especially of something specific like a fish monger or an iron monger. You can use the noun monger as a word on its own, although it frequently shows up as a suffix, in words like cheesemonger. Monger can also be used as a verb meaning "to sell or peddle.""

Unless you are a pimp, you're the customer, the John, the target, walking ATM... sure there are other terms..

You obviously are very naive and know nothing about the history of that word which definition is generally known worldwide.  Slang, misinterpreted or not....

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1