Tourist police top brass checks up on Walking Street

webfact

Tourist police top brass checks up on Walking Street

1PM1.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Acting chief of the tourist police Maj Gen Theeraphon Khupatanon dropped into Walking Street, Pattaya, on Tuesday night.

The new chief wanted to make sure that everything was in place for tourists' safety ahead of the Loy Krathong celebration later this month. 

Along with forty tourist cops, local police and volunteers Theeraphon warned that underage drinking, drug use and weapons were all no-nos and offences would be prosecuted. 

Tourists and locals took thumbs-up pictures with the chief during the PR visit. 

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-07

1pm2.jpg
Picture: Sophon Cable
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Along with forty tourist cops, local police and volunteers Theeraphon warned that underage drinking, drug use and weapons were all no-nos and offences would be prosecuted

This is a Thai problem with underage drinking , drugs and weapons so why walking street? 

it will be better if they go Thai pubs 

Just another fake media stunt 

• Like 2

Yes all in perfect position. The Ladyboys are armed and ready. The hookers are in there usual positions. I wonder they must mark the scent of the paver they stand on. 

The drink prices are correct high and the taxis are there usual bubbly Thais.

Job well done

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

Someone needs to buy them a Russian hooker detector so they can see the Russian hookers. They don't seem to be able to spot them at the moment even though they are right there in the window.

Strange!

detector.jpg

i thought the ones in the Window were for show and not for sale?

I'm fat, old, white, and here legally. Still, if I saw this motley crew walking anywhere near me, I'd pack up and head for LK Metro. Or maybe home. And when I go to WS, I make it RAIN, baby! Those idiots are doing NOTHING to make a good image for tourists.

• Like 2

Since the big joke bang, tourist police has really been “active” yet they have little to no power or authority at all. They do not even have holding cells.

i wonder why all over sudden tourist police is involved in all matters, tourist related or not?

On a side note, for a newbie or someone back in west land reading or watching tv , this is hardly inviting or welcoming 

• Like 1