Pulsing brake lights

SiamSully

I’m interested in knowing the general opinion of the Thai visa community regarding are pulsing brake lights. When I first noticed a vehicle with pulsing brake lights it sure got my attention - which is good - a wee bit annoying at first  but at least I could see that the vehicle was braking.  

Now, I just bought my brother-in-law’s 2015 Toyota Revo and he had installed pulsing brake lights. They pulse a few times and then stay on. On my first driving trip - to Mukdahan - when stopped in a police check I was fined 100 baht because of these. Touted as a saftey feature in many parts of the world - what do you think?

3 hours ago, transam said:

And sadly the lack of BiB presence folk don't give a shit...????

Actually it is quite enforced though. If THERE is a police check and the lights pulse, then you will get a fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Actually it is quite enforced though. If THERE is a police check and the lights pulse, then you will get a fine.

Last Sunday night I saw a police motorbike who had his tail light on a constant pulse, thereby leaving the tail light off for several seconds, then flashing a couple of times, then off again for several seconds

They get more attention from the driver behind than a steady glow, which may be mistaken for just having the lights on after dark, or may not register if the protective lenses are dirty. Yes, I would be in favour of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I drive  a bike and a car, personally I do not have  the flashing LED brake lights on either, but during the daytime and in bright sunshine, the flashing brake lights are a lot more noticeable. They can be irritating at night if held on in queueing traffic, but overall, if they make the bike stand out in the traffic then I am all for them. Most of the problems here are the idiots with no rear lights or so much white showing they look like they are going the wrong way.

What I have noticed here, or the lack of, is the pulsating headlamps. These were starting to become quite popular a few years back in the West.

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I think they are a pain in the rear.............

Absolutely. 
just a confirmation of the old saying: 
No Brain No Headache.

Edited by KKr
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Depends on whether it's tea money time. Every police check must have an officer of rank present, don't ask what rank, there are that many, and when he decides the tea money is getting low, that's when you are guaranteed a fine.

Until the police pull these idiots in then the trend for adding all sorts of colours front and back will continue. The other day , just getting dark, most drivers had their side lights on. A policeman was controlling the traffic to allow pedestrians to cross the road. I stopped and noticed the car behind me had his red front side lights on. After the people had crossed the policeman waved the traffic through and made no attempt to pull the 'red lights' driver over. So what hope is there for a change if the police don't act ?

• Like 2

In my country they are very rare but i did see one who had those on his car and in the dark he was really noticed among the other who were breaking.

I also noticed that on tanker trucks these are already more and more used but still rare.

I can imagine that when all the cars have those you will get insane from the constantly blinking of those lights in a traffic jam or so.

I have more problems in Thailand when they drive around with those Rainbow coloured lights (or no lights at all ????).

• 2 weeks later...