Who has gone and left ??

georgegeorgia

With all the hoo ha about new rules regarding visas in the last few months and the complaining ,who the hell has talked the talk and walked the walk and had some testicular fortitude to actually do something about it and actually left Thailand ???

I bet , i could count you one hahd if that .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

who told you that, TI ?

Nobody knows at this time, including TI. I have an American friend who is a hiring official for a Fortune 500 company in Thailand. He is getting out as soon as he can find employment in another country claiming immigration is making his job a living hell. As well, multiple reports of people with legitimate visas being turned away at the border. Shit is hitting the fan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, quandow said:

Nobody knows at this time, including TI. I have an American friend who is a hiring official for a Fortune 500 company in Thailand. He is getting out as soon as he can find employment in another country claiming immigration is making his job a living hell. As well, multiple reports of people with legitimate visas being turned away at the border. Shit is hitting the fan.

stormy weather comes and goes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, quandow said:

// multiple reports of people with legitimate visas being turned away at the border.

Who? Where? People refused entry that I heard about were all "false tourists" living long time in Thailand, never expats. Get the correct visa and no problem.

44 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I have read of thousands being caught on serious immigration violations, most being deported, //

Thousands?? Expat? I doubt. Yo must be talking about workers for nearby countries. Doesn't concern "us".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, loong said:

What new rules?

Are you referring to the Embassy letters concerning income?

That won't be an issue until next year, so why would anybody leave now?

I know of a few people that have the income, but not the 400,000/800,000 in the bank. They have always renewed their extensions legitimately, but will be paying under the table in future. All this will do is boost the immigration's tea money. 

Exactly what new rules?  And actually the monthly income hasn’t gone anywhere the law hasn’t changed.  Like we both said what new rules.  And even if they were going to change that law I haven’t actually seen it yet in my magic crystal ball lol.  

If they did change that law I’d either have to move my savings over here or just simply leave for two days and get a new visa.  But as of now the law is still the same.  And yes you’re exactly right the income affidavits will not be an issue until mid to late next year.  Nothing is changing at all not the monthly income requirements nothing.  If they are going to change the law regarding monthly income my psychic still hasn’t been able to see it yet in the future lol ????.  I swear I’m done reading rumors from now on stick to the facts guys seriously ????????.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, loong said:

Are you referring to the Embassy letters concerning income?

That won't be an issue until next year, so why would anybody leave now?

Hum... Go say that to Danish people

who already had their Embassy refusing providing them an Income Letter... :sad:

• Sad 1

On 11/26/2018 at 3:02 AM, georgegeorgia said:

testicular fortitude

More likely the path of least resistance. I don't mind a bit of red tape and low hanging hoops but at some point I get older and the pleasure of Thailand gets easier to resist. As soon as I can test the waters of a nearby country Thailand is gonna be a long way off. That trip/tour is getting closer all the time.

• Like 1