Friendship with ‘smiley’ buffalo takes heart-breaking turn

webfact

5 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I think this case proves that we as a human race are doomed.

The buffalo seems to be the adult here.

Surat is now thinking "the more I learn about (some) people, the more I love that buffalo".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The seller is the one who should be charged with a crime, lying to the police. He said that the buyer posted false information on the internet, yet it doesn't seem to exist. Other people embellished the buyer's story. This falls into the category travesty of humanity, something all too common in Thailand. I thought it was called buyer's remorse, not seller's remorse.

Edited by GalaxyMan
remove comma
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

What happened to the 100,000 baht that he gave to the farmer?  Sounds like farmer will end up with both money and buffalo...

Maybe yes, disgusting, but the farmer is also a Puyabaan that changes the whole story, I hope the Thai media will react so strongly they will be obliged to go backwards. 

• Like 1

What the ..... is wrong with this country and the people ?

Can nobody just be happy for another any more ?

The retard owner got money for his buffalo , so whats his problem ?

I hope the other people of the village will make him feel ashamed, but most likely he will not feel anything like a buffalo.

So who is the real buffalo here ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'm really failing to see the crime here.

His only crime is not inviting the mayor into the money making scheme. It’s what mayors do best. Rort the system like it’s a milking cow. I’ve seen it all too often. 

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

He is an ordinary person who finds himself in conflict with a mayor of a sub-district. A mayor of a sub-district may not sound a big deal but it is several notches of social status above and a net worth of perhaps 100 times that of an ordinary Thai.

Under Thai culture, the police and courts will always give far greater weight to the concerns and complaints of the side with the higher social rank and wealth. In fact it is enshrined under a system called sakdina.

From your comments you are approaching this from a Western or British perspective, looking at the facts and the law and using judgement and ethics. You need to put all that to one side here. It is the side with the higher social status, connections and wealth that will be listened to.

This comment is sad, but so true. 

• Like 2

"He also claimed that Boonlert has forgiven him and wants Thong Kham to be left under his care."

I hope this part of the OP is true - although I see no reason why he should need to be 'forgiven' and also don't understand why the buffalo should be "left under his care" - as the defendant is now obviously the rightful owner!

Hopefully it's just a translation problem.