Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

UKIP was a Political party whose sole aim was to get the UK out of Europe , soon as the Brexit referendum was held, that Political party had no reason to exist 

Exactly.  A mickey Mouse party made up of extremists and not to be taken seriously.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

So when the people of the UK voted to leave the EU, it was not possible for them to know the consequences of that momentous decision?

That sounds extremely foolish.

It was not possible because it was based on whims and wishful thinking.  The consequences of leaving should have been negotiated first and then the referendum held.  Massive mistake that!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

I'm sorry but I don't think the decision to leave an economic community of 26 nations for uncharted waters is anything like going outside and wondering what the day will bring.

Look on the bright side , the UK can now make trade deals with the 200 other Countries and also make trade deals with the E.U. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

So , if the general consensus was that the British public were unaware of what the referendum wasall about , those that voted for Remain, were also ignorant ?

Or are you just saying that it was just the Brexiters that were ignorant and the Remainers were well informed ?

There were faults from both campaigns.

Remain concentrated too much on what we would lose by leaving and not enough on what we would keep by remaining.

Vote.Leave painted a pie in the sky picture of the UK if we left, pie in the sky because that convinced people that leaving would mean we'd only ditch the bits of EU membership we didn't like, but keep all the bits we did.

Leave.EU played mainly on people's anti immigrant xenophobia, and not just EEA immigrants. Remember this poster:

Image result for leave.eu's immigrant posters

Not many Europeans in that queue!

But it worked on some:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Look on the bright side , the UK can now make trade deals with the 200 other Countries and also make trade deals with the E.U. 

That's black humour, nothing bright at all.

We already had trade deals with 26 other countries in the EU and now we have to start all over again as an outsider- one country outside the bloc trying to negotiate with 26 in. Perhaps we could be at a disadvantage in the negotiations, yes?

The other 200 countries, where are they? Ah, over the hills, across the oceans and far away.

45% of our export trade is on our doorstep with the EU and we're going to throw away all those deals for.......?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sanemax said:

UKIP was a Political party whose sole aim was to get the UK out of Europe , soon as the Brexit referendum was held, that Political party had no reason to exist 

Then why haven't their MEPs all resigned?

Couldn't be anything to do with their inflated salaries and generous expense, not to mention the large pensions they'll receive post Brexit, could it?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

dun..... I would suggest a party of extremists led by Micky Mouse ?

What utter rubbish. Mickey bloody Mouse? Do you think the British are stupid?

No. We need opera coats, receding hair and a whiff of sneering superiority from OUR leaders.

The same leaders who will send us into trenches and fight to the last drop of our blood. Why do we keep falling for it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, baboon said:

What utter rubbish. Mickey bloody Mouse? Do you think the British are stupid?

No. We need opera coats, receding hair and a whiff of sneering superiority from OUR leaders.

The same leaders who will send us into trenches and fight to the last drop of our blood. Why do we keep falling for it?

When did the UK Gov send you to the trenches ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bannork said:
9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As the Worlds 5 th largest economy , we can make trade deals with the other top economies , USA , China , India , Japan , as well as Australia , Brazil , Canada and all the rest .

If the EU doesnt want the UK to buy their products , nevermind , its a big World out there

Now what deals are the USA, China etc going to give us as a single country in comparison to our being one country in a 27 country bloc?

I suggest we are going to be at a serious disadvantage in any negotiations.

Bannork, you misunderstand.

Sanemax is simply repeating the Brexiteer fantasy that we still rule the waves and the sun never sets, therefore all the other, inferior nations are desperate for our attention and approval; desperate to trade with us.

Unfortunately, by the time reality disabuses them of that fantasy, it may very well be too late.

• Like 1

Just now, dunroaming said:

you mean after the two year transition period, or will it be three or four or...

The way things are going, there will be no transition period and we will crash out without a deal on 29th March.

Unless the MPs can put their own petty politics aside and do what's best for the country.

Ramsey McDonald's national government did that in 1931, as did Churchills in 1940. Shame we have no one of their calibre in Parliament today. Even Maggie would be better than the rabble we have now.

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do not misquote me  , I never said that .

I stated that the UK is the 5 th biggest economy  in the World and that is a fact .

May I remind you that its against TV forum rules to misquote posters 

If you believe I have broken the forum rules, you'll find the report post button in the top right corner of my post.

Except, of course, I did not misquote you; I quoted your post in full and verbatim.

I then critiqued it.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Sanemax is simply repeating the Brexiteer fantasy that we still rule the waves and the sun never sets, therefore all the other, inferior nations are desperate for our attention and approval; desperate to trade with us.

I did not repeat that , I did not repeat that "We still rule the waves and the sun never sets"

I did not even say that , let alone repeat it .

That is a misquote and you are suggesting that I have a colonist mindset .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bannork said:

I said the surplus we have in services will be thrown away, not the services themselves.

http://www.astrid-online.it/static/upload/brex/brexit-and-the-uk-s-services-trade.pdf

OK I stand corrected on that, but you have to be joking,

quoting 48 pages of extreme bias from the 'Tony Blair

Institute For Global Change'.  I don't know anyone that

would take notice of that shifty scoundrel Blair.

• Like 1