UK's Labour to propose amendment aimed at avoiding no-deal Brexit

webfact

On 11/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

If it had to be Norway plus, I would go for that, rather than one of the other disastrous economy destroying Brexit options on offer. Alternatively Corbyn would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the remain alter, however even McDonnell is beginning to see the writing on the wall (Ambition lurks maybe!). 

Whatever happens, I console myself with the image of the Brexiteer Boomer in his final days, lying in his bed and gloating over having severely damaged the futures of his childrens' and grandchildrens' generation, only to discover that they are now in the majority and have taken us back into the EU. They may decide that there is no real reason for them to fund our pensions anymore, I for one wouldn't blame them.

Glad you have found a fantasy as a way to be happy. I have a voodoo doll of Junker under my pillow as well (with spare pins). ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, smedly said:

In the UK - yes, in their home countries - no

the fact remains that Brussels are on a power grab and I would prefer not to be part of it, there is only one country that benefited from EU membership - the rest just tagged alone donating vast sums of money and being held back

Like I said in a previous post - it was fine as a trading partnership (common market) now it is turning into a power grabbing "political monstrocity" and it is out of control

no thanks 

Please - what is it about the word NO that you don't understand?

These were government statistics I quoted - not my personal opinions.

"No. Non-UK nationals at the point of NINo registration are less likely to be receiving key DWP out-of-work benefits than UK-nationals." This has nothing whatsoever to do with what people receive in their own countries. DWP is the department of Work and Pensions - it is a UK department, not a Latvian or Polish department. 

Unfortunately I cannot advise on any medication that could help you with your paranoid fantasy about an "Out of control power grabbing political monstrosity", even if you were a Scot talking about Westminster, with IMHO much greater justification.

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Glad you have found a fantasy as a way to be happy. I have a voodoo doll of Junker under my pillow as well (with spare pins). ????

I'm glad that unlike a previous poster, you appreciated that my comment was tongue in cheek. I don't expect my state pension to be removed, pathetic as it is (The lowest amount in developed countries so I believe).

13 hours ago, nontabury said:

You do seem to be in tune with the United Nation, who are considering making a recommendation,that any critism of immigration, should be made an offense.

No, the idea that any critcism of immigration, should be made an offense, is absurd, unworkable, and certainly not my opinion. I expect this may have been taken out of context, or let us say misconstrued. The Native Americans would certainly have been against immigration before they were largely wiped out in one of humanities greatest acts of genocide.

I simply quoted from non-partisan statistics, that clearly show that in the UK, Immigration is a net contributor to the economy. Immigrants' taxes are helping to pay for our pensions. Let me say it again, it is not my opinion, it is a matter of public record.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Surely if May's deal is rejected then by default we will leave on the 29th March with no deal. The EUSSR are unlikely to give us anything better.

There will be a 'meaningful vote' on amendments submitted prior to the vote on May's deal. It is very unlikely that parliament would accept a 'no deal' crash out.  

My current thinking is that May's deal will be passed as the alternatives are not viable (politically speaking).

I'm glad that unlike a previous poster, you appreciated that my comment was tongue in cheek. I don't expect my state pension to be removed, pathetic as it is (The lowest amount in developed countries so I believe).

Do people in other developed countries pay a higher contribution (percentage of earnings) towards pensions etc?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do people in other developed countries pay a higher contribution (percentage of earnings) towards pensions etc?

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Please - what is it about the word NO that you don't understand?

These were government statistics I quoted - not my personal opinions.

"No. Non-UK nationals at the point of NINo registration are less likely to be receiving key DWP out-of-work benefits than UK-nationals." This has nothing whatsoever to do with what people receive in their own countries. DWP is the department of Work and Pensions - it is a UK department, not a Latvian or Polish department. 

Unfortunately I cannot advise on any medication that could help you with your paranoid fantasy about an "Out of control power grabbing political monstrosity", even if you were a Scot talking about Westminster, with IMHO much greater justification.

it's not me that needs urgent medical treatment - go get help

A perfectly valid point, and yes I think some of them certainly do, I don't have the detailed statistics to hand but my impression is that we get less back for what we put in than many other countries.

• Like 1

UK has been offered the best deal possible UK can have by the 27 countries of who make the EU.

It's stupid for UK to think it could get another or better deal than what was presented to her after 2 years of negotiations. 

While UK is naturally a big country in Europe, she does not have the power she is arrogantly presenting herself towards others. UK is a medium sized country. Small compared to EU. 

Take the deal or simply go away, our new western Turkey.  

your definition of being in the EU is flawed, but hey it is your opinion and you are entitled to it, the vast majority of people understand exactly what it is

setting that aside, the UK people voted for independence, we have decided we want to control our own laws - monetary policy - trading policy - our waters - our borders ……………… our country, we do not have an issue trading with our EU friends and neighbors, the original concept of a common market was fine - it was a trading partnership, that is not what we have now, the EU has evolved into a political monster grabbing more and more central power and control to the point IMO to were it is now out of control.

People flooded into the UK to take advantage of its generous health welfare and benefit systems to the point now were it is breaking down, yes there were some who came and made contributions but an awful lot didn't and still don't

I suppose you really think that Britain is the promised land where everybody wish to go if only they have the chance?

Looks like the reality is not playing the role. Ever since the Brexit referendum Europeans have started to move out. Fortunately for you, you people from Pakistan et al are moving in larger massess. 

We Europeans have already learned that you think that we are lesser people to you. 

Sorry..Brexit won the vote..best to move on and enjoy life

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Once you've made a mistake, there's no going back. 

Once your grandparents have made a mistake, there's no going back.

Anything else would be bordering on foolish.

i.e. not foolish.

As usual, it is the young people who will pay the price for the errors of their seniors, and, as so often before, it will not be over by Christmas.

A perfectly valid point, and yes I think some of them certainly do, I don't have the detailed statistics to hand but my impression is that we get less back for what we put in than many other countries.

Well well, it turns out that my comments have been quite unnecessary. Stephen Fry says it all, and needless to say much more articulately.

Hilarious. States that he cannot be bothered to do any research (I don't have the detailed statistics to hand...), then makes something up (my impression is.....) But the absolute hoot is he uses a Stephen Fry video to support his non-research. This is a hoot on three counts. Number one is he assumed that because the Fry video had the word fear in it, it was pro-Leave. Number two is that he clearly didn't bother to watch the video. Number three, and this is the coup de grace, the Stephen Fry video systematically goes through the Leavers claims and knocks them down. That fear reference? Stephen Fry at pains to criticise the Leavers emphasis on an anti-immigrant fear platform........ Did I ever make reference to Hard Brexiteers being intellectually lazy? Well!

Hilarious. States that he cannot be bothered to do any research (I don't have the detailed statistics to hand...), then makes something up (my impression is.....) But the absolute hoot is he uses a Stephen Fry video to support his non-research. This is a hoot on three counts. Number one is he assumed that because the Fry video had the word fear in it, it was pro-Leave. Number two is that he clearly didn't bother to watch the video. Number three, and this is the coup de grace, the Stephen Fry video systematically goes through the

Hilarious. States that he cannot be bothered to do any research (I don't have the detailed statistics to hand...), then makes something up (my impression is.....) But the absolute hoot is he uses a Stephen Fry video to support his non-research. This is a hoot on three counts. Number one is he assumed that because the Fry video had the word fear in it, it was pro-Leave. Number two is that he clearly didn't bother to watch the video. Number three, and this is the coup de grace, the Stephen Fry video systematically goes through the Leavers claims and knocks them down. That fear reference? Stephen Fry at pains to criticise the Leavers emphasis on an anti-immigrant fear platform........ Did I ever make reference to Hard Brexiteers being intellectually lazy? Well!

That fear reference? Stephen Fry at pains to criticise the Leavers emphasis on an anti-immigrant fear platform........ Did I ever make reference to Hard Brexiteers being intellectually lazy? Well!

Animated cartoons of farting cows and Donald Trump don't really ring of intellectualism or knock anything down.  

• Like 1

Once you've made a mistake, there's no going back. 

Once your grandparents have made a mistake, there's no going back.

Anything else would be bordering on foolish.

i.e. not foolish.

As usual, it is the young people who will pay the price for the errors of their seniors, and, as so often before, it will not be over by Christmas.

Very true,they’re suffering now, from being part of the E.u due to their parents and grandparents being conned in 1975.

And yes,I was one of those who voted yes,to joining a trading union.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 2

Ummm, I think you'll find that the poster is a remainer.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whereas you have used Piers Morgan in the past as a point of reference, no further questions M'Lud. ????????

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

Ummm, I think you'll find that the poster is a remainer.....

Try reading the contribution:

"my impression is that we get less back for what we put in than many other countries."

The above is a key Brexiteer contribution.

Animated cartoons of farting cows and Donald Trump don't really ring of intellectualism or knock anything down.  

Whereas you have used Piers Morgan in the past as a point of reference, no further questions M'Lud. ????????

The usual self-appointed Brexiteer defence team doing its deflection thing. Convincing. Nobody. Except themselves rah-rah.