The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

He had one job and failed.

Busted flush now.

Them getting rid of Pep is the equivalent of Joe Bloggs dumping his supermodel wife because he thinks he can do better.

Apologies... that should be the Arab-backed Joe Bloggs.

• Haha 1

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Afternoon gentlemen, I admit I had to find info on man city about 6 years ago as no one outside the UK will have heard of them. United yes, Liverpool yes, Madrid Barcelona and Juventus yes but city are not a team with any history besides maybe what a few die hard fans may think but they are a minority.

So I was genuinely thinking this city team might do it albeit a couple of years behind schedule but better late than never.  Ousting Madrid so confidently but falling to Lyon over one leg. 

Gentleman this is called failure. 

Pep, city and all supporters have failed to grasp the opportunity presented to them the chance to step out of United's shadow and show the world there are two decent teams in greater Manchester.

instead we see the real mancunian team making the most progress and yet they have a puppet manager and in the 4 years PG has been at MC they have also been a Europa league champion.

Total failure that Pep cannot take this team to a European final. This guy is no where near where a top manager needs to be. 

I feel it's the fans too though I mean it's like handing a Ferrari to a guy with a bus pass. They just can't handle the pressure because they do not have a pedigree of achievement. 

Just a bit of a plastic outfit tbh.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Afternoon gentlemen, I admit I had to find info on man city about 6 years ago as no one outside the UK will have heard of them. United yes, Liverpool yes, Madrid Barcelona and Juventus yes but city are not a team with any history

Thought I'd enlighten you.

EfdWw4kXkAgdrpS.jpeg

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I think you should bring back Joe Hart that goal keeper is a clown

He had a bad night but Harts been a clown for years. 

The fact no one wants him says it all. 

Edited by Kadilo

Why is it that Manu fan do not know their own history or choose to ignore it.

Apologies if this has already been stated but it is blindly obvious that managers need time and winning the champions league is not easy. Ferguson was no magician until he had been there several years.
I was there and saw that most united fans wanted Ferguson out in 1990 until Robins saved him.

They all forget that now.

It took 7 year for him to win the top british league ( when it became the premier league). It was 12 years to reach the champions league quarter final and 13 years for to win the champions league.
So how do they think they seriously have any justification to Criticise pep who has only been at city 4 years?

Except that they are jealous that city have one of the best managers in the game.

We likely agree that pep f#@K#d up last night but its not the end of the world, unless he keeps doing it ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Why is it that Manu fan do not know their own history or choose to ignore it.

Apologies if this has already been stated but it is blindly obvious that managers need time and winning the champions league is not easy. Ferguson was no magician until he had been there several years.
I was there and saw that most united fans wanted Ferguson out in 1990 until Robins saved him.

They all forget that now.

It took 7 year for him to win the top british league ( when it became the premier league). It was 12 years to reach the champions league quarter final and 13 years for to win the champions league.
So how do they think they seriously have any justification to Criticise pep who has only been at city 4 years?

Except that they are jealous that city have one of the best managers in the game.

We likely agree that pep f#@K#d up last night but its not the end of the world, unless he keeps doing it ????

I'm confused. Which United fans have criticised Pep? I'm a red and I've said they would be crazy to consider his position.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How do you define a puppet manager?

If it takes him six years and he cannot identify that there is a team that won the premier league in the most sensational fashion in 2012, that just about all football fans remember,  then he must be far too young to be posting on an adult forum.

Some trollish posts over the last day or so.  In particular you'd have thought United won last night with some of the arrogance on display. 

We're out, Pep tinkered too much but he's going nowhere and I'm happy to have him.  Wonder if OGS will quit after losing in the thursday night mickey cup!!

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He had one job and failed.

Busted flush now.

I'm glad you're still interested in our progress Ronnie. Whereas Spurs are currently as popular as the forgotten tribe of Hadzabe. Whatever happened to Spurs anyway? They had such potential !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Some trollish posts over the last day or so.  In particular you'd have thought United won last night with some of the arrogance on display. 

We're out, Pep tinkered too much but he's going nowhere and I'm happy to have him.  Wonder if OGS will quit after losing in the thursday night mickey cup!!

As usual, all a bit quite in there after a defeat. Usual pattern. 

I wonder how long this time before the fair weather brigade return.?

They will need to get rid of OLS to get to the next level and get anywhere. near the top 2 along with 2 new CB, and at least one top class striker. 

None of them are easy to find nowadays but I would think going by previous events they will throw a bit of money at it to try and get there. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

They will need to get rid of OLS to get to the next level and get anywhere. near the top 2 

Interesting.... so with Ole, where do you think we will finish next season?

This is my last post for a while... so I'm hoping for a good reply.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Interesting.... so with Ole, where do you think we will finish next season?

This is my last post for a while... so I'm hoping for a good reply.

Out of the top 4. Champs Lge first half of the season, Europa Lge 2nd half. An over reliance on Penandez, whose early lustre has worn away. 

Dismal last night, btw. Seville's goalie Bono had a beautiful day, for Utd it was Sunday bloody Sunday.☺

OSG didn't put a sub on till the last 10 minutes; he can't have much faith in those on the bench.

United rejects v Shaktar tonight.

Enjoy your time away. Going anywhere nice?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Bad defending and finishing aside don't you think we battered them for most of the game and played some lovely stuff?

I think they were happy to soak up the pressure and do you on the break. Finishing v Copenhagen was pretty dismal too. Your strikers are not consistent enough and don't look like a unit to me. I would lose one and find a more creative player to come in. I quite like James who seems to be getting a raw deal for some reason, even talk of him going out on loan. 

In midfield Penandez and Pogba don't seem to operate together too. Pogba is a problem waiting to happen and they should have got rid last summer. Penandez is being overplayed and looks jaded.

16 minutes ago, champers said:

I think Pep will walk and go to Barca, citing family reasons as much as football ones. By the end of this week.

Poch will replace him and Harry Kane will be his big signing.

Two big talking points for City fans at the moment:

1. Pep getting the starting 11 and formation wrong then taking too long to change it - everyone is pretty much agreed on that one that he got it badly wrong for 45 to 60 mins, and,

2. Pep's contract situation. Some disagree with him going in to 2020/21 only with a year left and want him to extend or move on, others ok with waiting to see what he does. I worry we'll have a Pellegrini final year situation if he doesn't extend.

Apparently rumours are Poch is favourite to come in should Pep move on this summer.

I don't see HK at City - cost too much.

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Two big talking points for City fans at the moment:

1. Pep getting the starting 11 and formation wrong then taking too long to change it - everyone is pretty much agreed on that one that he got it badly wrong for 45 to 60 mins, and,

2. Pep's contract situation. Some disagree with him going in to 2020/21 only with a year left and want him to extend or move on, others ok with waiting to see what he does. I worry we'll have a Pellegrini final year situation if he doesn't extend.

Apparently rumours are Poch is favourite to come in should Pep move on this summer.

I don't see HK at City - cost too much.

The CAS ruling has pretty much given City free rein to spend what they want on new players. Affordability doesn't really enter into it with your owners.

Pep has had 4 years with you; now seems a good time to go on his own terms. We'll see.

33 minutes ago, champers said:

The CAS ruling has pretty much given City free rein to spend what they want on new players. Affordability doesn't really enter into it with your owners.

Pep has had 4 years with you; now seems a good time to go on his own terms. We'll see.

No it hasn't! The CAS case wasn't about the validity of FFP but a historical case (2012-14 period) against City as to whether we hid equity as sponsorship - we were found not guilty.

FFP prevents City or anyone else having "free rein to spend what they want on new players".

The fact we wouldn't spend big to land the likes Sanchez and Harry Man-Who-Runs-Like-Woman Maguire to name just two shows we don't just throw money around and affordability REALLY comes in to it with our Abu Dhabi/Chinese/USA owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

I think Pep will walk and go to Barca, citing family reasons as much as football ones. By the end of this week.

Poch will replace him and Harry Kane will be his big signing.

Interesting, but I take it you have been toking on the wacky weed.:tongue:

1 hour ago, champers said:

I think they were happy to soak up the pressure and do you on the break. Finishing v Copenhagen was pretty dismal too. Your strikers are not consistent enough and don't look like a unit to me. I would lose one and find a more creative player to come in. I quite like James who seems to be getting a raw deal for some reason, even talk of him going out on loan. 

In midfield Penandez and Pogba don't seem to operate together too. Pogba is a problem waiting to happen and they should have got rid last summer. Penandez is being overplayed and looks jaded.

Penandez!! Love it! You have been toking on the wacky weed!!:clap2: