The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Aguero 'grabbing' lines women by the neck... Shouldn't happen.. unasked for contact in the 'real' world = assault... Base footie regs  no hands on officials  EVER. far as I can see should be red AT LEAST..

It wasnt done with any malice and she didn't appear to be in the least bit troubled.

Find something else to be outraged about.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It wasnt done with any malice and she didn't appear to be in the least bit troubled.

Find something else to be outraged about.

What sexist noncence, So because she didn't react like you seem to expect her to react  that makes it ok.. she did the right thing and got  on with her job . from what I saw he grabbed her, wanting her to see somthing from HIS angle, it was  CLEARLY a disagreement about a decision, and he lost control and grabbed her around the neck  NOT A FRIENDLY arm around the shoulder..   And  No matter about malice or intent  it shouldn't happen and Hands on officials = red card..

Edited by 3 minus 2

41 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Aguero 'grabbing' lines women by the neck... Shouldn't happen.. unasked for contact in the 'real' world = assault... Base footie regs  no hands on officials  EVER. far as I can see should be red AT LEAST..

I've been waiting all day to see who would make a mountain out of a molehill on this, and honestly I'm not surprised it's you - any chance to take a pop at City from you.

I don't think Aguero should have put his hand on HER shoulder, but it wasn't aggressive or threatening so do as the officials did and move on.

"The rules state that touching an official is not an offence unless done in an aggressive or threatening manner. It is understood that the PGMOL do not view Agüero’s action as falling into either of these categories. JamieJackson, guardian]"

We all no doubt find the image funny of male hand on male bald head so there should be no issue that it was male hand on female shoulder.

EkjNNpLU0AAX5Yh.jpeg

As per your bringing up my issues with the morality of  your owners and  has nothing to do with the issue in hand..  aguero CLEARLY didn't agree with her decision and it was in NO way a friendly arm around the shoulder.. which in my book makes it...?  Well as I said in the real world he could be done for assault.. but hey you stick to... 'She ddint react' .. so that makes it all ok.. IT DOESNT..

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

As per your bringing up my issues with the morality of  your owners and  has nothing to do with the issue in hand..  aguero CLEARLY didn't agree with her decision and it was in NO way a friendly arm around the shoulder.. which in my book makes it...?  Well as I said in the real world he could be done for assault.. but hey you stick to... 'She ddint react' .. so that makes it all ok.. IT DOESNT..

So in the real world you thought Aguero could be done for assault, for that. Get a grip man. 

17 hours ago, jellydog said:

Nice to see Torres get a goal and abuse dirty Pepe in the process. Foden and Torres look like they could work together.

Yeah was impressed by them both when they came on. Changed the dynamic of the attack. Sergio still needs a bit of match time and looked a tad nervous when taking the penalty but slotted it home.

Not quite there at the back yet but we haven't had to chance to get a settled set up going. Don't know if Ake's "niggles" that kept him out are a few weeks or if he'll be ready in a couple of games.

Overall, with the players available, I'll take that result

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah was impressed by them both when they came on. Changed the dynamic of the attack. Sergio still needs a bit of match time and looked a tad nervous when taking the penalty but slotted it home.

Not quite there at the back yet but we haven't had to chance to get a settled set up going. Don't know if Ake's "niggles" that kept him out are a few weeks or if he'll be ready in a couple of games.

Overall, with the players available, I'll take that result

Fantasy League related... Do you think Foden will start every game now or could he get rotated out in the CL or PL?

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Fantasy League related... Do you think Foden will start every game now or could he get rotated out in the CL or PL?

An excellent question. One thing we have learned to do is not second guess Pep's squad and tactics. He literally over thinks every game and changes personnel (if available) to suit a specific style of play for a specific match.

Yes, I do think Foden will get lots more PL games but whether he'll be first choice every week is an unknown. How much is he in FL?

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

An excellent question. One thing we have learned to do is not second guess Pep's squad and tactics. He literally over thinks every game and changes personnel (if available) to suit a specific style of play for a specific match.

Yes, I do think Foden will get lots more PL games but whether he'll be first choice every week is an unknown. How much is he in FL?

About 6. something... very good value if he is going to start most games. 

Thought it was a pretty flat performance vs Porto until Gundog's brilliant free kick made Porto come out to play then it suited us. Still, we did it with KdB, Laporte, Jesus, Ake and Mendy all out.

Walker MOM.

Gundog decent performance particularly when you factor in his ill effects from Covid - he always looks suited to the slower CL games.

Credit to Pep for the excellent double substitution of Foden and Torres which suddenly gave us legs and attacking impetus.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thought it was a pretty flat performance vs Porto until Gundog's brilliant free kick made Porto come out to play then it suited us. Still, we did it with KdB, Laporte, Jesus, Ake and Mendy all out.

Walker MOM.

Gundog decent performance particularly when you factor in his ill effects from Covid - he always looks suited to the slower CL games.

Credit to Pep for the excellent double substitution of Foden and Torres which suddenly gave us legs and attacking impetus.

So Foden was sub? Nailed on to start at the weekend then I reckon. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So Foden was sub? Nailed on to start at the weekend then I reckon. 

Only Ederson (if fit) is nailed on starter from our squad.

Foden competes with:

Wide right - Mahrez, Sterling, Bernardo and Torres

Wide left - Sterling, Torres and Jesus

Left midfield - Bernardo.

So no, he's not a nailed on starter anywhere.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Only Ederson (if fit) is nailed on starter from our squad.

Foden competes with:

Wide right - Mahrez, Sterling, Bernardo and Torres

Wide left - Sterling, Torres and Jesus

Left midfield - Bernardo.

So no, he's not a nailed on starter anywhere.

So a fully fit Aguero isn't a nailed on starter for a big game?.... wait, I see where this is going. You will produce reems of statistics showing when Aguero has been on the bench for games, but of course he may just have been rested or not fit.

Rubbish... if you played a big game tomorrow a fit KDB, Aguero and Sterling are all nailed on starters. 

41 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So a fully fit Aguero isn't a nailed on starter for a big game?.... wait, I see where this is going. You will produce reems of statistics showing when Aguero has been on the bench for games, but of course he may just have been rested or not fit.

Rubbish... if you played a big game tomorrow a fit KDB, Aguero and Sterling are all nailed on starters. 

Firstly, YOU were talking about THIS WEEKEND to which I answered.

In normal times I would say these are automatic picks:

1 Ederson

2 Walker

3 Laporte (possibly Dias, but after 3 games a bit early to state yes or no)

4 KdB

5 Rodri 

6 Sterling

Pep doesn't always pick Aguero as automatic starter, if more energy, pressing, defensive work required he goes with Jesus, Real Madrid away being a good example. I totally agree with Pep on this.

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

Shafted by Pep again!????

Well, it looks like Mahrez is the starter more often than not and Foden on as a sub. Not always though. Maybe Pep sees Phil finding holes through defenses late when the bus has been parked. I'd prefer to see him from the get go. Still early and will be interesting to see how it plays out during the season.

48 minutes ago, wilai said:

Shafted by Pep again!????

Done that myself... I left Bamford on the <deleted> bench. 

Actually Foden left on the bench could save me.... don't bring him on!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RickG16

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Was a cracker tho'

Indeed. Hard to defend that.

Tough first half. Hammers quicker everywhere. City players don't look like they are having much fun. Always a bad sign.

That decision not to book Gundogan incredibly bizarre.

WHU set up in the 541 we know City struggle with. Keep it tight, defend well, get a goal. All gone to plan - great goal by the way.

City very poor, did nothing, all front players barely involved, Mahrez had a nightmare. That 11 will not turn it around. Needs to bring on KdB and Foden or Torres after the break. Play 2 at the back if necessary (Walker and Dias - Garcia doesn't impress me). We go behind,  we have a poor record. Looks bad

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Indeed. Hard to defend that.

Tough first half. Hammers quicker everywhere. City players don't look like they are having much fun. Always a bad sign.

That decision not to book Gundogan incredibly bizarre.

Don't let the Hammers get too confident....we've got them next week! As for the missed booking, maybe Anthony Taylor left his cards at home.....He can always go and pick them up at half time!????