• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't usually do predictions but I can see us having to try to finish it in the next PL game. Please be wrong!

Hate to be right sometimes.

Wrong team again, Pep your fault.

Played poorly.

Missed penalty.

Thought that was a penalty Zouma on Sterling.

Flucky finish last minute.

The game reminded me of the Leeds loss.

Thought Chelsea were better than us.

When will Pep learn you change 9 players and play the B team it doesn't work.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:47 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Hoping vs Chelsea this weekend that Pep goes with that exact same starting XI as last night vs PSG except for Laporte for the banned Stones. No more playing the B or 2nd XI team Pep until the PL is decided - it never seems to work or is a grind when he plays them.

3 weeks to the final, play the 1st team again, get it done vs Chelsea.

Nope, let's mess about, drag it out, eh Pep.

Umm!

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yep, as poor as I expected!

What is it with City and penalties? That's probably the worst miss of the past 3 seasons. 

Sort it out Pep. Bring on 2 of Foden Gundogan Bernardo for any two of Aguero Sterling Torres Jesus. We're playing with a notional midfield of Rodri with occasional support of Sterling n Jesus. What a joke!

Cancelo could be hooked as well.

Poor game.

If you are going to put a pen down the middle hammer it. Mendy had time to tie his bootlaces.

1 hour ago, champers said:

If you are going to put a pen down the middle hammer it. Mendy had time to tie his bootlaces.

Totally agree. Pick right left centre and hit it like Troy Deeney.

Think City need a penalty taking coach as it's costing us dearly. Get Yaya and Balotelli back for 1 on 1 sessions????

Congrats, well deserved. 

Head and shoulders above the rest. Even after a dodgy start you have won it with ease. 

With a resurgent Chelsea and a Liverpool bounce back I am expecting a more competitive League next season. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done City. Keep it in Lancy.

Good quiz on BBC Sport online about the City era under Guardiola. I'll say no more to save you looking up the answers first.????

I got 23 out of 30 and missed a couple of sitters.

• Like 1

Manchester City are 2020/21:

Premier League Champions,

Premier League 2 Champions (U23 EDS lads), and,

U18 Premier League (North) champions,

the first time any club has ever achieved this in one season.

Pep on City winning the Premier League at senior/u23/u18 level:

"This is a fantastic achievement for

City. It shows the quality of this organisation and the strength across all levels. As I have said many times, winning your league is so difficult..."

Screenshot_20210513-105230_Chrome.jpg

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bladdy 2am kick off's. Stayed up, watched the first half. Next thing I knew it was 6:30 and I'm still on the sofa. Anyone got a link to replays?

What happens to the scooters after a title win? Another star on the side perhaps? An open top bus style parade around town? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, champers said:

Missed the first half v Newcastle but caught the 2nd. Torres looked the real deal; what a hat-trick! Aguero's replacement?

Bought as a winger.

When he's played wide he's looked limited.

When he's played through the middle he's looked very decent.

Judging by Pep's comments he's been surprised by this.

At Valencia he scored 1 in 10

At City he's scored 1 in 3.

For Spain he's scored 1 in 2.

We ended up looking better with Torres in the middle and Jesus wide right.

The game vs Newcastle had a real end of season going through the motions feel for most of it until we woke up at 3v2 behind.

Torres apart from his goals looked up for it, but Sterling and Jesus continue to frustrate.

There was little creativity in the side.

Gundogan was decent, Bernardo tidy but a bit quiet.

We created nothing out right till Jesus and Torres swapped in the 2nd half.

The back 4 were poor and spooked by Newcastle on the break.

Cancelo continues to frustrate. Walker was sloppy. I have little time for Garcia.

City 2v5 Leicester, 3 pens (Walker Garcia Ake Mendy). Newcastle 3v4 City 2 pens (Walker Garcia Ake Cancelo). Coincidence?

Carson looked old but nice to see him being rewarded with a start.

A 23rd consecutive unbeaten away match in all competitions for Manchester City (W21 D2), the longest ever unbeaten away run by a side in the top four tiers of English football, overtaking Notts County's run of 22 in 2012

A new league record with the 12th consecutive victory away from home.

Manchester City had 82.3% possession vs Newcastle, the second highest on record since the 2003-04 season, behind only their 83% possession total against Swansea City in April 2018.

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Bladdy 2am kick off's. Stayed up, watched the first half. Next thing I knew it was 6:30 and I'm still on the sofa. Anyone got a link to replays?

Didn't see it but caught Torres' goals on YouTube. What a future he has, and maybe as a #9.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What happens to the scooters after a title win? Another star on the side perhaps? An open top bus style parade around town? 

You've got me thinking now. Might have to think about going down the decal shop ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

For those of you who didn't believe us when we said the PL title is our main priority:-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mancity-chelsea-final-porto-fixture-20608379

Don't know about Pep and the club, but PL is definitely my main priority every season -  a 38 game marathon. 

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

For those of you who didn't believe us when we said the PL title is our main priority:-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mancity-chelsea-final-porto-fixture-20608379

“I'm not going to gamble for one cup,” said Guardiola, when asked about the Champions League.

“You can compete in the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Champions League when you are on a good run in the league.

“More important than winning the Premier League this season is the fact we won five in ten years, or three in the last four. This means more than winning one situation.

“We want to compete and try to win the Champions League, and next season again."

I like it. Makes you wonder why other managers don't try and win all 4 trophies every season.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I like it. Makes you wonder why other managers don't try and win all 4 trophies every season.

Because they don't have the luxury of making 7 changes and still have the same strength first eleven. 

13 minutes ago, R U MAN U U said:

Because they don't have the luxury of making 7 changes and still have the same strength first eleven. 

And neither does City, as witnessed by the recent losses when Pep has made loads of changes and played basically a B team and been beat.

My point was certain managers, think Wenger may have started it, purposely weaken the teams in domestic cups. 

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

And neither does City, as witnessed by the recent losses when Pep has made loads of changes and played basically a B team and been beat.

My point was certain managers, think Wenger may have started it, purposely weaken the teams in domestic cups. 

Bench vs PSG May 5th

Ake 41M

Laporte 57M

Cancelo 52M

Mendy 50M

Rodrigo 62M

Sterling 49M

Gabriel Jesus 27M

Agüero 35M

Ferran Torres 20M

Total: 393M"

• Like 1