The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

21 hours ago, RickG16 said:

The 'Evil One' Mourinho is also held in the same regard by many managers down the pyramid, and was by all accounts seen as a good guy by fellow managers.   

And you would never hear Pep, Poch or Klopp disrespect another manager, specially a senior manager like   Arsene Wenger, to whom his treatment was disgraceful.

Anyway, you've changed your tune....now he's evil, only a few weeks ago he was doing a good job, there was no disunity in the squad and what was all that other twaddle you were coming out with?  Oh yes, the bad talk was all media driven rubbish and Martial was no good!!

Don't you wonder why you were on your own with those opinions?????

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Gonna be like the Thai cave rescue getting you out mate ???? we'll have to drug you up with ketamine. 

Holes. Caves rescues. I don’t think so.

Rick if you have been following Alfie’s and my tête-à-tête closely (but why would you?) you will remember that Alfie, as is his want, has been trying to pull apart my statement: “This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars” - with that statement I meant that they feature regularly (synonyms: frequently, often, etc.) in the 1st team.

Alfie has been desperately attempting to interpret ‘regularly’ as meaning:

1. Someone who plays in every City game, but no way did I state or infer that by ‘have become 1st team regulars’, as City doesn’t have one player who’s played in every game as we use a squad and rotation.   

2. Someone who is a Pep ‘first-pick’ / ‘first name on the team sheet’ player, but no way did I state or infer that by ‘have become 1st team regulars’, in fact Pep doesn’t even have 11 players you could class that way, probably only Ederson (G) / Laporte, and probably Stones (D) / Fernandinho, David Silva and KDB (M) / Sterling, and probably Aguero again right now, which equals 6 definites and 2 probables.

For the record on Foden, he’s played in:

·       Of the important CL & PL = 11 of 29 games (started 1, played 184 minutes or 7% of the CL & PL minutes),

·       Of the less important LC, FA & Comm = 7 of 7 games (started 6, played 608 minutes or 92% of the LC, FA & Comm minutes),

·       and has therefore played regularly (frequently / often) in the 1st team!

Alfie will no doubt try to continue to twist the statement that I made, to suits his arguments, but you KNOW I won’t let him!

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Holes. Caves rescues. I don’t think so.

Rick if you have been following Alfie’s and my tête-à-tête closely (but why would you?) you will remember that Alfie, as is his want, has been trying to pull apart my statement: “This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars” - with that statement I meant that they feature regularly (synonyms: frequently, often, etc.) in the 1st team.

1. Someone who plays in every City game, but no way did I state or infer that by ‘have become 1st team regulars’, as City doesn’t have one player who’s played in every game as we use a squad and rotation.   

2. Someone who is a Pep ‘first-pick’ / ‘first name on the team sheet’ player, but no way did I state or infer that by ‘have become 1st team regulars’, in fact Pep doesn’t even have 11 players you could class that way, probably only Ederson (G) / Laporte, and probably Stones (D) / Fernandinho, David Silva and KDB (M) / Sterling, and probably Aguero again right now, which equals 6 definites and 2 probables.

For the record on Foden, he’s played in:

·       Of the important CL & PL = 11 of 29 games (started 1, played 184 minutes or 7% of the CL & PL minutes),

·       Of the less important LC, FA & Comm = 7 of 7 games (started 6, played 608 minutes or 92% of the LC, FA & Comm minutes),

·       and has therefore played regularly (frequently / often) in the 1st team!

Alfie will no doubt try to continue to twist the statement that I made, to suits his arguments, but you KNOW I won’t let him!

Show me where i have done that, your telling porkies again ????

So we have established that your the only person who classifies Foden as "Regular" as you obviously didn't find a link supporting your theory, in fact all you could come up with was  "...has become a regular for the champions this season..." whereby you missed out 3 important words ????

Man City's Phil Foden determined to make himself a first-team regular

remains among club insiders that he will buck the trend and become the homegrown, first-team regular they have been craving.

is determined to nail down a regular first team place under Pep Guardiola. 

Now how about Diaz, any links / stats that confirm he was a first team regular ?

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Show me where i have done that, your telling porkies again ????

So we have established that your the only person who classifies Foden as "Regular" as you obviously didn't find a link supporting your theory, in fact all you could come up with was  "...has become a regular for the champions this season..." whereby you missed out 3 important words ????

remains among club insiders that he will buck the trend and become the homegrown, first-team regular they have been craving.

is determined to nail down a regular first team place under Pep Guardiola. 

Now how about Diaz, any links / stats that confirm he was a first team regular ?

Lets break this down.

So do you agree or you don't agree that a synonm of Regular is Frequently or Often? 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Lets break this down.

So do you agree or you don't agree that a synonm of Regular is Frequently or Often? 

Lets clear this one up !

1. Someone who plays in every City game

Show me where i have done that, your telling porkies again 

Avoiding answering the question which is at the crux of our little discussion eh. Answer the question Alfie.

I tell you what, stop lying about what i say and stop trying to deflect from my question,

Your just making yourself look silly as other posters have implied, anyway one more chance to answer and then i'm off :

1. Someone who plays in every City game,

show me where I have done that ?  your telling porkies again

Over size font adjusted and large emoticon removed on this occasion, if you repeat it the post will be removed in its entirety.

Observe forum rules and netiquette please

.Forum Netiquette
 1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.

Thank you.

Ok let’s conclude this then Alfie and move forward.

I made a statement “This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars”.

Featuring only on Foden, as Diaz has left and is no longer relevant, my revised statement (as my original statement was intended to mean) is as follows “This and last season Foden has played REGULARLY and FREQUENTLY and OFTEN for the 1st team”.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I made a statement “This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars”.

Featuring only on Foden, as Diaz has left and is no longer relevant, my revised statement (as my original statement was intended to mean) is as follows “This and last season Foden has played REGULARLY and FREQUENTLY and OFTEN for the 1st team”.

But best not to lye about what i say, in the future and needs clearing up :

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

But best not to lye about what i say, in the future and needs clearing up :

You still want to go backwards and continue to argue...jeez, you really are the man.

Ok, here you go.

I didn't lie about anything. 

I stated my interpretation of your actions / arguements when i stated "...Alfie has been desperately attempting to interpret ‘regularly’ as meaning..." as you repeatedly wrongly argue about the definition of my use of 'regular' to mean frequently or often.

I tried to cease this 'discussion' but you've  got me interested again. Over to you.

Ps. Lye is spelt lie.

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You still want to go backwards and continue to argue...jeez, you really are the man.

Ok, here you go.

I didn't lie about anything. 

I stated my interpretation of your actions / arguements when i stated "...Alfie has been desperately attempting to interpret ‘regularly’ as meaning..." as you repeatedly wrongly argue about the definition of my use of 'regular' to mean frequently or often.

I tried to cease this 'discussion' but you've  got me interested again. Over to you.

Ps. Lye is spelt lie.

So show me where i have done this 

17 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Diaz has left and is no longer relevant,

No no no, your not worming your way out of this one, when you made the initial comment 

This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars.

about Diaz he had already left so if it was relevant then it is still relevant now, so i'll ask you go again :  Now how about Diaz, any links / stats that confirm he was a first team regular ?

Still wrong 

This and last season Foden has played REGULARLY

Have you any quotes from Tv posters, jounalist, etc that supports this ? if so please post.

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

So show me where i have done this 

You don't read real good do you. I already stated it was my INTERPRETATION. Here's a definition to make it easier for you to TRY to understand this time:

Interpretation is the act of explaining, reframing, or otherwise showing your own understanding of something

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

No no no, your not worming your way out of this one, when you made the initial comment 

about Diaz he had already left so if it was relevant then it is still relevant now, so i'll ask you go again :  Now how about Diaz, any links / stats that confirm he was a first team regular ?

Still wrong 

Have you any quotes from Tv posters, jounalist, etc that supports this ? if so please post.

Stick to the crux of the arguement, not minor points, which was my use of the word REGULAR which i used to mean FREQUENTLY or OFTEN.

I've proven that Foden plays for City regularly, frequently and often.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You don't read real good do you. I already stated it was my INTERPRETATION. Here's a definition to make it easier for you to TRY to understand this time:

Interpretation is the act of explaining, reframing, or otherwise showing your own understanding of something

So show me where i have been

desperately attempting to interpret ‘regularly’ as meaning:

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Stick to the crux of the arguement, not minor points, which was my use of the word REGULAR which i used to mean FREQUENTLY or OFTEN.

I've proven that Foden plays for City regularly, frequently and often.

So show me post's,quotes etc from anyone that agrees with you, hears my  quotes that don't agree with you.

to nail down a regular first team place under Pep Guardiola.

9 DECEMBER 2018

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester City's Phil Foden determined to make himself a first-team regular

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/3752488/dont-worry-about-phil-foden-he-will-be-man-citys-first-academy-star-to-shine-under-pep-guardiola

He has made five starts and 11 sub appearances (all competitions) this season, but despite the obvious contrasts with the relative success of his former teammates, huge optimism remains among club insiders that he will buck the trend and become the homegrown, first-team regular they have been craving.

Jan 17, 2019

Edited by alfieconn

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So show me where i have been

desperately attempting to interpret ‘regularly’ as meaning:

Huh? I explain that i have INTERPRETED something and your asking me to you SHOW you my interpretation?

This is getting bizarre now.

I have given you my explanation of what i meant by REGULAR in my statement "This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars". = play regular, frequently or often. You either accept my explanation or you don't. Up to you.

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

What kind of team do you think he will field today?

I am sure  he will be conscious of Burnley “style” and maybe keep some out of the firing line. 

Very strong. He's said so. He wants to win it and is aware that messing with weaker teams can backfire.

He also stated no academy players today. I reckon:

Ederson

Walker..Stones or Otamendi (Stones as he hasn't played for a while)..Laporte..Danilo

KdB or Bernardo (toughest one: KdB probably for fitness)..Fernandinho..Silva

Sterling..Aguero..Sane

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Very strong. He's said so. He wants to win it and is aware that messing with weaker teams can backfire.

Ederson

Walker..Stones or Otamendi (Stones as he hasn't played for a while)..Laporte..Danilo

Sterling..Aguero..Sane

Let’s hope they all come out unscathed!

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ederson

Sterling..Aguero..Sane

Would that be regular academy players? ????