The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I've been saying for ages we ain't playing well (2nd season complacency), though in the main we've been getting the results, this article says it.

Man City vs Arsenal: How return of a familiar Pep Guardiola flaw threatens to derail champions’ season

City eased their way to Premier League success under Guardiola last season, but this week’s defeat to Newcastle highlighted how a ‘system jam’ could end their title defence

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-city-vs-arsenal-prediction-pep-guardiola-results-standings-why-liverpool-title-race-watch-video-a8758111.html

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I've been saying for ages we ain't playing well (2nd season complacency), though in the main we've been getting the results, this article says it.

Man City vs Arsenal: How return of a familiar Pep Guardiola flaw threatens to derail champions’ season

City eased their way to Premier League success under Guardiola last season, but this week’s defeat to Newcastle highlighted how a ‘system jam’ could end their title defence

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-city-vs-arsenal-prediction-pep-guardiola-results-standings-why-liverpool-title-race-watch-video-a8758111.html

I don't usually read the Independent BB but I recommend their sports writer Jonathan Liew, who they poached from the Telegraph. 

• Thanks 1

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he has "never celebrated another team dropping points" after Manchester City defender Kyle Walker posted a tweet mocking the Reds 1-1 draw with Leicester.

Harry Maguire's equaliser prevented Liverpool going seven points clear at the top of the Premier League, a day after City lost 2-1 to Newcastle.

Walker posted a popular meme of Maguire from the World Cup with the caption: 'So basically they thought they were gonna go seven points ahead'. He deleted it, but it quickly went viral.

Could never understand a professional footballer mocking another teams result ( shows a bit of insecurity if you ask me), though to be fair Walker doesn't exactly come across as Brain of Britain  !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Could never understand a professional footballer mocking another teams result ( shows a bit of insecurity if you ask me), though to be fair Walker doesn't exactly come across as Brain of Britain  !

Especially considering City completely bottled it at Newcastle.  That was a proper bottle job. You'd think low profile and mouths shut would be the order of the day. Bottle is one thing you can't buy, class is the other.  I remind myself of Pep disrespecting us, the Harry Kane Team jibe........To be surprised i'm actually quite surprised by Walker as i always thought him ok, kind of nice but dim type.

Edited by carmine

29 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Very quiet here in this spineless and soulless wasteland of Moss Side....must be out searching for a bottle!

30 of us on the lash for the weekend in Sharm EL Sheikh. Didn't have to search very long for a bottle and I've fallen in love with Sakkara Gold but Egyptian Stella isn't great

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

30 of us on the lash for the weekend in Sharm EL Sheikh. Didn't have to search very long for a bottle and I've fallen in love with Sakkara Gold but Egyptian Stella isn't great

Enjoy mrboj!

Not sure who I want to win in your game. :biggrin:

50 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Very quiet here in this spineless and soulless wasteland of Moss Side....must be out searching for a bottle!

Tell you what Ronnie... get yourself down to Moss Side and mention to a couple of people they are spineless and soulless. 

Let me know how you get on. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

Tell you what Ronnie... get yourself down to Moss Side and mention to a couple of people they are spineless and soulless. 

I lived in Salford for a couple of years Ricky....it doesn't bother me. :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Enjoy mrboj!

We are cheers Ronnie. I got my very first Eagle yesterday. Par 4 and pitched onto the green from 140 yards out. Boom, straight down the hole. Those type of things make up for all the disappointing shots you've had

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Did you not know that Ronnie is like a Rottweiler on steroids ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I lived in Salford for a couple of years Ricky....it doesn't bother me. :biggrin:

Sounds like you were traumatised... and have decided to spend the rest of your days afternoon drinking on Sukhumvit. 

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We are cheers Ronnie. I got my very first Eagle yesterday. Par 4 and pitched onto the green from 140 yards out. Boom, straight down the hole. Those type of things make up for all the disappointing shots you've had

Jockstar will be hoping you didn't run into the bushes after and do your predictions.

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Neither can i. Walker desrves all the flak that's  coming his way.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Especially considering City completely bottled it at Newcastle.  That was a proper bottle job. You'd think low profile and mouths shut would be the order of the day. Bottle is one thing you can't buy, class is the other.  I remind myself of Pep disrespecting us, the Harry Kane Team jibe........To be surprised i'm actually quite surprised by Walker as i always thought him ok, kind of nice but dim type.

1. City bottled it at Newcastle - big chance for us there but we were very poor.

2. Walker seems an idiot.

3. No disrespect intended by Pep. Spurs are the Harry Kane team; he's the main man. Thats all Pep meant. Deal with it.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"If our level is like the last game (against Newcastle), it doesn’t matter if the gap is five points, two points or one, we are not going to win the title,” Guardiola said.

Hooray! Reality at last. Sort it out NOW before it's too late.

Too many fannnies in your team they can't handle the chills. 

1. At 1v0 up why didn't we gwt that clear penalty for pulling down aguero? 

2. Why do have minimen Silva and Sterling marking their players who are decent in the air = goal conceded.

3. Bit fortunate to be ahead in a close game but a lovely 2nd goal.

3. KdB struggling still.

4. Gundogan is a liability when they have the ball. 

5. NOT HAPPY WITH THAT STARTING LINEUP! Fernandinho playing a dual CB (dedending) / midfield  (attacking). Otamendi against fast forwards. Sterling leftside. Sort it Pep. Get Stones on for Gundogan and Fernandinho in the Fernandinho position.

Not happy! Lost our way recently.

Poor 1st half. Very decent 2nd half.

Aguero's 10th Premier League hat-trick - 1 behind Shearer? Aguero's 14th hat-trick for City (42 goals). 

Bernardo caught my eye again. What a touch. The best engine in the Premier?

Was surprised Pep kept kdb on so long; he was knackered towards the end.

Dont think i can remember a Premier week as tough as this week: arsenal everton and Chelsea.

Edited by Bredbury Blue