The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

On the plus side, he seems quite a lucky manager. They're flattered by their current league position due to some late goals in very poor performances.

On the down side, he has a very poor squad that can't play the type of possession football that he wants to play. He'll do well to finish top 6 with those players, assuming he lasts the season.

I do agree with your post but have some additional info to add on....isn't he the one who selected the new squad.... he's so smart that he fired a guy that was scoring 30-40 goals per season he just hired a guy (Hojlund) that hasn't proven anything besides being good at running (555), Rashford 0 goals in 15 matches, good goal keeper De Gea replaced with a guy (didn't prove anything at Inter either) that he had at Ajax, same with Anthony, Martinez, Mount that was let go by Chelsea because he was sooooo good, same with Reguillon from Spurs Maguire brought back to starting until he starts to screw up again (very soon 555) Evans brought back from retirement and he's doing not to bad... will stop here 555

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I do agree with your post but have some additional info to add on....isn't he the one who selected the new squad.... he's so smart that he fired a guy that was scoring 30-40 goals per season he just hired a guy (Hojlund) that hasn't proven anything besides being good at running (555), Rashford 0 goals in 15 matches, good goal keeper De Gea replaced with a guy (didn't prove anything at Inter either) that he had at Ajax, same with Anthony, Martinez, Mount that was let go by Chelsea because he was sooooo good, same with Reguillon from Spurs Maguire brought back to starting until he starts to screw up again (very soon 555) Evans brought back from retirement and he's doing not to bad... will stop here 555

I agree. Getting rid of De Gea on a free and then spending 50 million on Onana seems silly. De Gea is a much better shot stopper and Onana's skills with the ball cannot be utilized with a back 4 that can't receive the ball confidently. Buying Mount and leaving him on the bench. Always playing Rashford even when out of form etc.

He's made mistakes, but I guess my point is that changing the manager won't change much. Mourinho, Van Gaal, Rangnick, Ten Hag can't all be bad managers (Ole was).

My gut feeling is Ten Hag regrets taking the job now. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts making calls out of leftfield to get the sack. Last night he made some weird decisions in the game that contributed to a 4-3 loss from 2-0 up (albeit with 10 men). I'm not saying it was deliberate, but he has an air of desperation about him now and I think he'd be relieved to go. He can see they are miles off and I don't think he has it in him to turn it around.

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I agree. Getting rid of De Gea on a free and then spending 50 million on Onana seems silly. De Gea is a much better shot stopper and Onana's skills with the ball cannot be utilized with a back 4 that can't receive the ball confidently. Buying Mount and leaving him on the bench. Always playing Rashford even when out of form etc.

He's made mistakes, but I guess my point is that changing the manager won't change much. Mourinho, Van Gaal, Rangnick, Ten Hag can't all be bad managers (Ole was).

My gut feeling is Ten Hag regrets taking the job now. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts making calls out of leftfield to get the sack. Last night he made some weird decisions in the game that contributed to a 4-3 loss from 2-0 up (albeit with 10 men). I'm not saying it was deliberate, but he has an air of desperation about him now and I think he'd be relieved to go. He can see they are miles off and I don't think he has it in him to turn it around.

agree the guy ETH may regret taking the job but when he did, the team was not as bad as it is now, he started grudge with Ronaldo, Sancho, Etanga (and we don't know the others but quite sure there are more) he's just a average bad coach and I have been saying that from the beginning, currently there is no team, only individuals playing for themselves... last night another loss, have a feeling that he will be gone before Xmas... Mourinho has a strong personality and speaks the truth face to face, no BS, management people at MU didn't like it, they didn't let him do as he wanted/needed, thus better let him go

On 11/11/2023 at 12:08 AM, champers said:

He won a trophy and qualified for the Champion's League last season which looked like a very good start to me, though I can't stand them and wish them ill.

How do they progress by sacking ETH? I can't see that they do. As a Bolton fan, I look forward to playing them again in the 2nd tier of English football any time soon.

progress will ONLY come once they removed all the cronies they have at the management level.... Mourinho, Van Gaal, Ragknick all said the same as somebody once told me " the problem is not always the shoes it also can be the feet" 555

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Fortunate to get the result against Luton. Thanks to an easy run of fixtures they are now 6th, a very flattering position given their performances.

A much tougher run in their next 4 games. Let's see if Ten Hag's luck holds out.

they didn't deserve to win against Fullham and or Luton.... they played worse than a 3rd/4th  tier team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

progress will ONLY come once they removed all the cronies they have at the management level.... Mourinho, Van Gaal, Ragknick all said the same as somebody once told me " the problem is not always the shoes it also can be the feet" 555

So who are these "cronies?".

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

So who are these "cronies?".

Take your pick.... but somebody on the same line as this guy (   Edward Gareth Woodward ) that made a big mess while on charge

https://ir.manutd.com/corporate-governance/board-of-directors.aspx

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awful against Newcastle, could have been 5-0.

Interesting to see how they do against Chowsea. They seem to be improving under The Pochmeister. 

Ten Hag is getting a bit eggy banning critics from the press conference. Leaks from players about not liking to run during training etc. 

Not looking good.  

• Haha 1

Do cheer up United fans.

Nothing to fear on Tuesday evening. Bayern got smashed 5-1 at Frankfurt.

All the players have to do is pass the ball to the other guys in red shirts, and break sweat.

Edited by owl sees all