The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Watching the Palace game emphasised to me just how slow we really are.

Pellistri and Højlund were making some great runs but we are not delivering.

We always want that extra touch or two or we haven't got the skill or confidence to find the runners.

I remember Ferguson telling Scholes , Rooney , Carrick etc. "if they can't find Van Persie when he is making his runs , he will find somebody who can ".

Rashford once again is to predictable .

• Like 1

Højlund looked good last night. Looks like a good signing.

Onana is having a 'mare though. United's one saving grace last season was their defence (mainly due to DDG) and now they look like they need to score at least 4 to have a chance of winning.  

Could be tough to qualify from here...

image.png.e7b837c17dfe84d0e138cd6e7dabe3a0.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, xylophone said:

More like get a banana in return!!

Crystal last Saturday... last night the Turcs... one has to wonder what will be next, but again medium coach, some medium players in a medium team not much else to expect, do feel sorry for u man  555

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Although I am a supporter, I am not a fanatic and would like to see them do well.........but if they don't then c'est la vie and my life goes on!!

Mentioning fanatics, ofttimes when I am looking at Match of the Day on BBC iPlayer, I see people gesticulating rudely at the opposition players, and/or screaming and shouting as if they are going to have a breakdown. When I used to watch Brighton and Hove Albion as a boy, going there with a family friend who was a supporter, I never saw any of this behaviour, everyone was well behaved and there was none of that rubbish.

How times have changed.

you are correct, it's a pity to see the type of supporters some teams have, my 2 cents are that they go the game not to watch the game itself  but more for the trouble and exteriorize their bad behavior

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you are correct, it's a pity to see the type of supporters some teams have, my 2 cents are that they go the game not to watch the game itself  but more for the trouble and exteriorize their bad behavior

As an adjunct to my previous post, it just so happens that I played in three Sussex Senior Cup finals on Brighton's ground in the late 60s, in front of an average crowd of about 8000 supporters, and again, never saw any of that type of behaviour.

I think you're right about going to the game to "exteriorize their behaviour", and I recall something similar a few decades ago with a gang of Chelsea fans who would go to the games to cause mayhem and to injure/stab people, rather than for the football.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the "Forum too quite thread" - Fully expect it to be deleted - Please read now before i am once again BANNED - 

Agreed 100% - Also, every time i log into Sky sports, it's full of Woman's football - WHY don't they have a separate section for the Bitches ??? Football used to be a mans game - NWAF - No Women at Football.

Can i get banned for being a "Sexist" ???? If so, I'll happily take yet ANOTHER ban - That's also a big problem in the Football Forum, where the the powers that be, who in the most, don't know sweet FA about our game & pop in from time to time to get on their power trip & ban members here - I've been personally banned 8 times now, it's a complete joke - 2 more strikes & I'm banned for good -I'm scared to FART NOW - IMO, @Mrbojangles, our resident Mod, genuine Football fan, ENGLISH & 100% a decent bloke, should, IMO, be the ONLY MOD in the Football Forum to issue warnings & Bans - The forum is dead because too many MODS like to stick their big Yankee Doodle Dandy noses into OUR FOOTBALL HERITAGE & OUR FOOTBALL BANTER - Leave us to it & I'm sure this Forum would gather more momentum - We are English football fans & we ain't got time for outsiders power trips - Leave us to it to take the piss outa each other - Without the genuine freedom of speech in the Football Forum, it will die a slow death - You have to admit, this forum is dead without me - I have lost all interest to participate - ONE FOOTBALL FORUM & ONE MOD TO ISSUE WARNINGS & BANS - ALL THE OTHER MODS, TAKE A BACK SEAT 👍

IF i don't reply on this thread again chaps, you know that i have once again, been banned 🤪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I posted this in the "Forum too quite thread" - Fully expect it to be deleted - Please read now before i am once again BANNED - 

Agreed 100% - Also, every time i log into Sky sports, it's full of Woman's football - WHY don't they have a separate section for the Bitches ??? Football used to be a mans game - NWAF - No Women at Football.

Can i get banned for being a "Sexist" ???? If so, I'll happily take yet ANOTHER ban - That's also a big problem in the Football Forum, where the the powers that be, who in the most, don't know sweet FA about our game & pop in from time to time to get on their power trip & ban members here - I've been personally banned 8 times now, it's a complete joke - 2 more strikes & I'm banned for good -I'm scared to FART NOW - IMO, @Mrbojangles, our resident Mod, genuine Football fan, ENGLISH & 100% a decent bloke, should, IMO, be the ONLY MOD in the Football Forum to issue warnings & Bans - The forum is dead because too many MODS like to stick their big Yankee Doodle Dandy noses into OUR FOOTBALL HERITAGE & OUR FOOTBALL BANTER - Leave us to it & I'm sure this Forum would gather more momentum - We are English football fans & we ain't got time for outsiders power trips - Leave us to it to take the piss outa each other - Without the genuine freedom of speech in the Football Forum, it will die a slow death - You have to admit, this forum is dead without me - I have lost all interest to participate - ONE FOOTBALL FORUM & ONE MOD TO ISSUE WARNINGS & BANS - ALL THE OTHER MODS, TAKE A BACK SEAT 👍

IF i don't reply on this thread again chaps, you know that i have once again, been banned 🤪

Lmao who were the other 7....you're at Busby Babe status on here

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 4:39 PM, balo said:

Imagine replacing one of the best keepers in the world in De Gea and you get Onana in return. 

Onana was about the only player who bothered to turn up yesterday, some cracking saves.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

last night MU = 0  NC =3  it appears 3 is the magic MU number, remember City  555.... get rid of that trouble maker want be coach, where did they find that guy, UK has much better available coaches, what was so special about him to hire him, dressing room problems with many players, time to pack and leave

On 11/3/2023 at 1:57 PM, balo said:

He will probably get the sack before Christmas. 

On the plus side, he seems quite a lucky manager. They're flattered by their current league position due to some late goals in very poor performances.

On the down side, he has a very poor squad that can't play the type of possession football that he wants to play. He'll do well to finish top 6 with those players, assuming he lasts the season.

IMHO they lack vision and speed to get the ball moving , there doesn't appear to be any one touch football played , the majority of them just do not require the skill

By the time they get the ball under control and looked up every body has been closed down .

We need to play the ball forward quicker.

Do or die tonight , they need this win.