The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the number of supporters from different clubs on this thread today says a lot. Whether you love us or hate us, we are the biggest club in the country and we represent the country in many ways. 

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think the number of supporters from different clubs on this thread today says a lot. Whether you love us or hate us, we are the biggest club in the country and we represent the country in many ways. 

Steady on ........

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

His body was turned away, but his head wasn't. He watched the ball all the way in. I didn't say that he moved his arm away from the ball, I said that he made no attempt to move his arm away from the flight of the ball, which is the relevant point.

You clearly are a typical Chelsea fan, a United hater, who will make up any silly argument that we didn't win fair and square. Get over yourself, we won, we didn't cheat, the referee had a good game and we're through to the next round, unlike Chelsea and that's not United's fault.

You've just proven how long with that comment you've been in hiding (and left Rick and Nev to hold the fort) since Fergie left:cheesy:

No one's suggesting you didn't win just that it was a lucky penalty.

Come on Chelsea ????

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You've just proven how long with that comment you've been in hiding (and left Rick and Nev to hold the fort) since Fergie left:cheesy:

No one's suggesting you didn't win just that it was a lucky penalty.

Come on Chelsea ????

Joined TV less than 12 months ago. Probably started posting on this thread's predecessor at the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Not really, there was a big game with a very big incident. And we all love United mate.

Could you explain your comment i highlighted bold. Think you might be getting a little carried away. Anyway what did you mean?

What is there to disagree with Kadilo? 

I think that’s a bit OTT especially the line about representing the Country in many ways. Tbh I’m not sure how what you’re getting at there. 

As ive said previously, fantastic result taking nothing away. I had it down as a banker defeat. I think looking back in time it will be one of the shock results for many a year but I’ve not got you down as Royalty quite yet. 

dunno about representing the country but I'd like to say that MU is a world wide brand name

I am sure, the strongest and most widely know brand name UK has

MU is well known in the remotest corner all over the planet.

Nothing in the UK can compare with Manchester United.

(maybe James Bond could come close)

Marmite? Lagavullin? J Walker? forget it

RR, Landrover, Bentley, Aston M, Morris G, Allard ???????? can not compete,  no way

Queen Elisabeth? No way.

For several remote civilizations, Airbus is just another American plane.

UK weaponry and planes, maybe OK, but niche stuff.

UK has something very very unique with the Manchester United brand.

Use it wisely.

Pepsi, Coca Cola, Marlboro, maybe IBM is also up there.

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A mancunian would have got the clue from Bredbury. Reckon spivey is one of those cockney reds - gloryhunter ????

I'll fill him in, All City supporters come from Stockport not Manchester

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A mancunian would have got the clue from Bredbury. Reckon spivey is one of those cockney reds - gloryhunter ????

Morecambe born and bred. Did work in the Didsbury/Chorlton area in my youth. Lived on Egerton Road and had a ploughman's for lunch in the Royal Oak every day. Horse and Jockey in the evenings.

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not really, there was a big game with a very big incident. And we all love United mate.

Could you explain your comment i highlighted bold. Think you might be getting a little carried away. Anyway what did you mean?

Will refer you and Kadilo to Melvin's post. 

Message from a friend in Amsterdam

What a great result for you guys! As Ajax fan these last two days couldn't be much better. I was really done with Man United under Mourinho, but since Ole comes it's fun again to watch you guys play.

In Amsterdam we like to play with a young talented team and it's so nice to see guys like Greenwood and Chong coming on for you in such a huge match for the club. It's such a positive sign for football that two clubs with such a big history reached the CL quarter finals by using young prospects. I would like to propose that we do the 2017 Europa League final all over in Madrid this year, but with another outcome of course

0_JS176910620.jpg

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

dunno about representing the country but I'd like to say that MU is a world wide brand name

I am sure, the strongest and most widely know brand name UK has

MU is well known in the remotest corner all over the planet.

Nothing in the UK can compare with Manchester United.

(maybe James Bond could come close)

Marmite? Lagavullin? J Walker? forget it

RR, Landrover, Bentley, Aston M, Morris G, Allard ???????? can not compete,  no way

Queen Elisabeth? No way.

For several remote civilizations, Airbus is just another American plane.

UK weaponry and planes, maybe OK, but niche stuff.

UK has something very very unique with the Manchester United brand.

Use it wisely.

Pepsi, Coca Cola, Marlboro, maybe IBM is also up there.

Like it or not, its just one great big marketing machine 

56 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I'll fill him in, All City supporters come from Stockport not Manchester

Lots of City supporters come from South Manchester would be correct.

Image for Spidey's better understanding of Red and Blue areas of Greater Manchester.

C_71_article_1492123_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpeg

I see Neymar wasn’t happy and took to Instagram to voice his displeasure. 

“There is no penalty. How can it be a handball when it hits his back! Go <deleted> yourselves! It’s a disgrace!”

Nah see above mate, that’s what a disgrace looks like ya fanny. 

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See Maureen is being linked to Real Madrid again...certainly lands on his feet that man.

I was saying earlier the Fans (35%) in the poll want Poch but still a high % chose Mourinho second. Strange after the way he left. 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Image for Spidey's better understanding of Red and Blue areas of Greater Manchester.

According to this Mr BoJ is really a red. Well, well.

Does anyone really know how OGS ended up with the gig at OT? Why him and not Ince, Gury Neville, Keane, Eric, Scholes, Bruce, etc,etc?

SAF decided or A N Other?

He didn't exactly have a stand out record.

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Morecambe born and bred. Did work in the Didsbury/Chorlton area in my youth. Lived on Egerton Road and had a ploughman's for lunch in the Royal Oak every day. Horse and Jockey in the evenings.

I can just about get my head around you eating a horse, but a jockey as well?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Oldham's is not a blue area and what's that big gap inbetween? Is that ancoats and collyhurst?  Even you know they are red areas

All the way along Oldham road are red Newton Heath the birth place and failsworth 

Archived