The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

31 minutes ago, wilai said:

Still nothing official but just seen this pic on #twatter....Not cheap if those prices are correct!

FKrR2ZbacAIHHez?format=jpg&name=small

Had the feeling it would be this kind of money grab. If it was in SG I could understand those prices, but what makes them think it's right to take that kind of money off hard working Thais?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Had the feeling it would be this kind of money grab.

IF it is legit, I'm not sure the clubs have any say in the ticket prices. They will have been offered a sum by the 'organisers' to come over and play and then said 'organisers decide on how they get their money back. Still no announcement on official LFC site or the local rag.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wilai said:

IF it is legit, I'm not sure the clubs have any say in the ticket prices. They will have been offered a sum by the 'organisers' to come over and play and then said 'organisers decide on how they get their money back. Still no announcement on official LFC site or the local rag.

Who knows. I know clubs take a close involvement in the scheduling of pre-season tours but this sounds like a one off game that will either be on the way to play somewhere else or a one off. 

Do you know if we or you have a pre-season tour planned anywhere in the summer or is that all on hold after Covid?

28 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Do you know if we or you have a pre-season tour planned anywhere in the summer or is that all on hold after Covid?

There is talk on fan forums of a Far East tour this summer (incl Bkk), but everything is still subject to Covid.

• Like 1

Job done 3-1 and through to play Norwich at Anfield. Shoddy shooting allied to a 9 man deep lying defence made life tough in the first half but things improved after the break particularly when Diaz and Elliott came on. Cracking header from Jota set us on the way and a great strike from Elliott finished the game. Sandwiched between was a lovely bit of skill from Diaz to set up Taki for the second following a Cardiff error. Hopefully his knee knock wasn't too bad and he can get more minutes in soon.

• Like 1

Sadio lifts the AfCoN Trophy......After yet another bout of extra time in the tournament, Sadio Mane's Senagal beat Mo Salah's Egypt 4-2 on penalties. Well done to both of our lads.???? Sadio also won the Player of the Tournament Award.????

FK80mrpWYAENBuK?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, RickG16 said:

No I don't. I don't see how it can be a good move because he's <deleted>. 

It's like getting a battered Mercedes that's seen much better days on the cheap. It might have been a good car once, but it's not anymore.

Seems SG is quite happy with him. Maybe you should take his advice!????

Steven Gerrard, loving Coutinho: “If you don't like watching Philippe Coutinho then you should stop watching football because that (performance) was absolutely beautiful”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Seems SG is quite happy with him. Maybe you should take his advice!????

Steven Gerrard, loving Coutinho: “If you don't like watching Philippe Coutinho then you should stop watching football because that (performance) was absolutely beautiful”.

I see he's back for Brazil and scoring too. Starting to look like a masterstroke.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Don't forget your shirtseller????

Who Ronny? Take it from a 37 year-old that anything sport related starts to become a bit harder.... even for finely tuned athletes such as CR7 and myself.

I admit it's a worrying dry patch. I was saying to my mate, Ronaldo usually snaps out of droughts pretty quickly, but maybe father time is catching up with him.....

Anyway, I'm not going to be the one to write him off. 

• Like 1

Very good all round performance from the lads. But for Schmeichel it could have been a cricket score! VVD was at his imperious best at the back and Matip played equally as well with the pair of them getting on the assist sheet. Thiago ran the midfield and has reduced the amount of sliding tackles which is good to see (VVD had a word maybe?). Further forward, Diogo was again the match winner with two poacher's goals but Diaz and particularly Salah in his 30 minute run out were only denied by Schmeichel and the woodwork. Mo quite possibly should have had a pen as well. Another good cameo from Elliott as well. With his continued progression and Diaz fitting in so well so quickly, the squad suddenly has a very strong look about it.????

• Like 1

Not likely to feature too much in the end of season highlight reel that one! Still, another three points courtesy of Fab's persistence and new found goalscoring form. Game was played in atrocious conditions amid a strong swirling wind and heavy rain. Suited Burnley's game but on the whole our defence coped pretty well. Alisson MoM for me despite much of his good work being nullified by delayed offside flags.....I hate that rule!???? Up front we struggled to create in the conditions and Pope was decent when called upon, but Salah should defo have had a penalty when their lumbering CF took him out. Keita played well with a number of interceptions and challenges and Thiago was calmness personified when he came on. Wouldn't mind betting Diaz was happy enough to miss this one????

In the end, another hurdle was overcome. Next stop...Inter.????

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, wilai said:

Nothing official as yet mate. Seems to have been 'leaked'  by a Thai writer on Facebook. Allegedly an agreement with all parties is to be signed this week. 

Heard a bit more about this. Apparently there may be games against Man U and Palace in Thailand and Singapore. If they are going ahead, official confirmation will be made next month.

The organisers have announced the game for 12th July. Tickets are priced 5000baht upwards and will go on sale 11th March.

Edited by wilai
update

Thoroughly professional performance to gain a 2-0 advantage away from home against a top side. VVD was close to perfect and, ably assisted by Konate, totally nullified Martinez and Dzeko. Goals came towards the end from Bobby F and Mo. Fab also played well and a first Euro start for young Elliott. Another bright cameo from Diaz. Only downside was an ankle injury for Jota. Hopefully it won't be too serious. Only half time in the tie but well done boys????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wilai said:

Thoroughly professional performance to gain a 2-0 advantage away from home against a top side. VVD was close to perfect and, ably assisted by Konate, totally nullified Martinez and Dzeko. Goals came towards the end from Bobby F and Mo. Fab also played well and a first Euro start for young Elliott. Another bright cameo from Diaz. Only downside was an ankle injury for Jota. Hopefully it won't be too serious. Only half time in the tie but well done boys????

Really enjoyed that game, a proper battle and they answered the questions. Konate for me today, so aware and in the right place at the right time again and again. Bobby Firmino was brilliant when he came on, winning the ball back inside their last 1/3 a couple times and sweet header for the goal. Triple sub worked a treat. 

Well in Jurgen! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hey @RedArmy this is the dippers thread by the way. They need bringing down off their perch occasionally. 

20 times 20 times Man United ????

Cant really say anything about them right now - They just spanked us 5-0 at home - Have to hold our hands up & face reality - They are currently a far better team than us.

12 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

20 times 20 times Man United ????

Cant really say anything about them right now - They just spanked us 5-0 at home - Have to hold our hands up & face reality - They are currently a far better team than us.

Yup that's the reality unfortunately. They still seem a bit deluded on what it takes to win back to back titles in the modern era though. Something we know all about ????????????