Active TVF Members, or Lack Of?

GinBoy2

33 minutes ago, partington said:

Try looking up the word "seditious" mate. It means the exact opposite of what you think.

He might be the King.  We are all free to be whomever we choose on this forum.

if I’d known that when I first joined, I’d have doffed the leather chaps and ditched the Proton

There used to be quite lively discussion on politics, but this has for obvious reasons lost it's sharpness

The result being those that enjoyed the political banter no longer scan and comment on other topics which in turn leaves them light on discussion

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

The rules about what you can and cannot say have not become stricter recently , infact they have become more lenient .

You say say anything you like , just don't call people names , don't go off topic and dont have a long running argument .

You say anything you like (No need to mention the one subject that is off-limits)

What's that ?

On 12/7/2018 at 7:48 AM, pgrahmm said:

There used to be an abundance of aggressive, soured trolls spoiling threads....By and large they seemed to go away after the corporate reshuffle.....

Sometimes they were unwittingly comical & definitely kept the pot stirred.....

The bulk of thread quality went up and the annoyances either left/went away/were culled.....

It's been a quieter place, but better without the cancerous in your face arseh#les.....

But some people enjoy in their face arseh#les. 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I find the forum rules very ambiguous. I have fallen foul of them a number of times, never intentionally. If you follow them to the letter, it would be difficult to make a post other than "Does anyone know where I can buy a tin of Heinz baked beans in Thailand?" or would that be considered trolling?

The vast majority seem to manage it ok.????

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

The "vast majority" that still post, which ain't many. Also, going by other posters that I talk to, "the vast majority" would be a slight exaggeration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You want to be careful there, mate.  That sounds like talking about talking about moderation.

I wish I'd done more than just talk about it last night.  I was all set to go home but I was struck by a thirst that would know no satiation, and awoke back at home to a tongue-lashing that left me cringing.

Sometimes, to keep things going, you just need to slow things down so that you can capture them, and then split.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No it's Christmas, which means it's Panto season (Brits will get that).

Oh No They Won't

I think Brits will be struggling to maintain their sense of humour with the Brexit farce playing out in front of them. 

It's neither pantomime nor slapstick, and yet that is not a compliment nor optimistic assessment.

5 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Oh No They Won't

I think Brits will be struggling to maintain their sense of humour with the Brexit farce playing out in front of them. 

It's neither pantomime nor slapstick, and yet that is not a compliment nor optimistic assessment.

Is that not one of the banned topics?... and if not, why not?

• Like 1

In an attempt to enlighten myself as i freely admit to never reading any rules and  not wishing too upset anyone further  i googled the Thai visa  rules 

evidently they are as follows ....alles Klaar!

30-day Visa Entries Now Limited to 2

Border runs have been cut short due to the very recent change in rules regarding overland entry by Thai immigration. Foreigners entering Thailand via border posts at Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Malaysia without securing a prior visa will now be granted 30-day visa exemption stamp TWO times per calendar year, from January 1 to December 31.

• Confused 1