Aussie Hells Angel sentenced to death in Thailand to be released after just three years

webfact

Bikie sentenced to death in Thailand to be released after just three years

Exclusive by South-East Asia correspondent Liam Cochrane and Supattra Vimonsuknopparat

8253394-3x2-700x467.jpg

PHOTO: Antonio Bagnato was sentenced to death last year over the 2015 murder of a Hells Angels boss. (AAP: Facebook)

An Australian kickboxer previously convicted of the murder of a Hells Angels drug trafficker is expected to be released from jail today, despite an ongoing appeal.

Antonio Bagnato was convicted of the 2015 murder of Hells Angels boss Wayne Schneider and sentenced in February last year to the death penalty.

The former kickboxer was the bodyguard of Mr Schneider, who was kidnapped and bludgeoned to death near the resort town of Pattaya. Bagnato saw the murder charge overturned, and was instead sentenced to three years for assault.

Full story: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-07/bikie-sentenced-to-death-in-thailand-to-be-released/10592150

-- ABC News 2018-12-07

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Tougher sentences for drugs over premeditated murder, oh well, whatever keeps the animals at bay..

Don't forget picking mushrooms, throwing cigarette butts on the beach, etc...

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1

Bagnato saw the murder charge overturned, and was instead sentenced to three years for assault. That's a joke.
Too bad that the report does not describe, what new evidence has led to such a serious change of judgment. That would have made the judges of the first instance indeed completely wrong.
But, there coming up huge doubts about the legal System.
Btw, greetings from Red Bull.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

He is expected to be immediately re-arrested for another crime.
Hopefully that was insulting the monarchy, then he will be in for some serious porridge.

No he was seen having a fag on Pattaya beach just before his arrest.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Does anyone believe me now when I tell you that justice in Thailand is a joke? I have been saying it forever it seems.

Maybe thai authorities viewed murder among criminals as different ( lesser charge) from a criminal killing an innocent person ? And even then whether the killer or the killed person is a person of importance..  Thai judiciary works at a different level from western law. I suppose? 

• Like 1