No evidence for Trump claim on 'terrorists' - government sources

webfact

14 hours ago, webfact said:

"Department of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen said on June 12 at a security forum that her agency identifies and stops terrorists worldwide who would otherwise go undetected".

"In fact, on average, my department now blocks 10 known or suspected terrorists a day from travelling to or attempting to enter the United States," she said.

I tend to believe the people that run the Gov.  especially knowing that they have complete access to vital intel and don't  necessarily divulge their classified intel . I don't know who these sources are  !  POTUS and Secretary of Homeland Security have total  access to national security . These unidentified sources don't! The FBI have dropped the ball many times with regards to intel and watching suspected terrorist watch lists in the past !  This is total nonsense to suggest their is no evidence!  

"Officials responsible for border security missions have to identify information that can be collected (or is already being collected) by intelligence agencies related to border security issues that either cannot be collected by law enforcement agencies or that can be collected by law enforcement agencies only with great difficulty or expense. One problem has been the difficulties in information sharing which exist even within the Intelligence Community, but have been far more complicated when the need is to share intelligence information with law enforcement officials. The revelations after September 11, 2001 that intelligence and law enforcement agencies separately had incomplete pieces of information prior to the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, but had been unable to assemble and properly analyze them led to statutory and policy changes".

2010 -Securing America’s Borders: The Role of the Intelligence Community

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/intel/R41520.pdf

Edited by riclag

50 minutes ago, riclag said:

I tend to believe the people that run the Gov.  especially knowing that they have complete access to vital intel and don't  necessarily divulge their classified intel . I don't know who these sources are  !  POTUS and Secretary of Homeland Security have total  access to national security . These unidentified sources don't! The FBI have dropped the ball many times with regards to intel and watching suspected terrorist watch lists in the past !  This is total nonsense to suggest their is no evidence!  

"Officials responsible for border security missions have to identify information that can be collected (or is already being collected) by intelligence agencies related to border security issues that either cannot be collected by law enforcement agencies or that can be collected by law enforcement agencies only with great difficulty or expense. One problem has been the difficulties in information sharing which exist even within the Intelligence Community, but have been far more complicated when the need is to share intelligence information with law enforcement officials. The revelations after September 11, 2001 that intelligence and law enforcement agencies separately had incomplete pieces of information prior to the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, but had been unable to assemble and properly analyze them led to statutory and policy changes".

SO wait, you believe the people that have access to the vital, secure, inner circle only intelligence, but then divulge it in a petty attempt to try and win an argument? That is what you are saying I believe. 

26 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

SO wait, you believe the people that have access to the vital, secure, inner circle only intelligence, but then divulge it in a petty attempt to try and win an argument? That is what you are saying I believe. 

The POTUS doesn't have to show evidence to satify the media!The President is the only Gov official that  can release classified intel off the cuff if chose to 

The president’s classification and declassification powers are broad

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/may/16/james-risch/does-president-have-ability-declassify-anything-an/

Edited by riclag

12 minutes ago, candide said:

You may be right in principle. There is just a little problem: this POTUS is a serial liar. So it is an adequate attitude to ask for some proof.

OK ! 

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

criminals and unknown Middle Easterners" were mixed in with the caravan, a claim immigration advocates disputed.

Like the hard core Christians are going to let Muslims ride on their backs ????

On 12/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, webfact said:

We caught 10 terrorists over the last very short period of time.

He's usually lying, but when he puts in these vagaries it's sort of his signature.

many good things

many bad things

very interesting

they said some terrible things

everyone says

people are saying

...and so on.

With his history of deceit he'd be a better liar by now, can't even do that right. 

On 12/12/2018 at 4:33 AM, spidermike007 said:

Dutton’s real argument seems to be that sometimes we could all use a little of what he terms “the seven deadly wins”—ruthlessness, charm, focus, mental toughness, fearlessness, mindfulness, and action.

You left out honesty.  If you listen to the people whom attended his LOVE ME! rallies, they say that's what they like most about him.

I guess honesty is in the mind of the beholder.

3 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

What about Thailand who do they have on the border securing it

Briefly, this thread has nothing to do Thailand.

Kellyanne-ing (aka whatabout-ing) doesn't work anymore.

But what about all those beached whales in New Zealand?

23 hours ago, Redline said:

Like the hard core Christians are going to let Muslims ride on their backs ????

The far-right has been saying for years that the US is just a hair's breadth away from initiating Sharia law, that was the goal of the black militant Muslim communist who founded ISIS, better known as POTUS 44.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bendejo said:

The far-right has been saying for years that the US is just a hair's breadth away from initiating Sharia law, that was the goal of the black militant Muslim communist who founded ISIS, better known as POTUS 44.

Yes, I guess we will be waiting a while for proof 

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2018 at 11:48 PM, riclag said:

It's been proven over and over again that Trump just makes things up. Even Ann Coulter reproached him on his ridiculous claim about the Wall. Why would anyone assume he's being truthful?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1