General: I've never seen a case of Thais conning Thais - it's always foreigners who are responsible!

webfact

Give the guy a break.

I read the article in Thai that the OP has a link too. He is clearly talking in reference to romance scams, Facebook groups, web dating sites etc.

My translation of what he said: speaking for himself he never saw a Thai cheating another Thai. He has seen where foreigners have cheated Thais.

In all fairness I have mostly only read about romance scams where Thai women get conned by Nigerians often posing as a desirable Westerner.

We are not talking about Ponzii schemes here.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Truly unbelievable. If the good General has never come across Thais ripping off other Thais, you have to say he obviously hasn't been doing his job. Every week there are reports of Thai ponzi schemes, run by Thais, ripping their country men off. Trying to suggest foreigners are solely responsible is an appalling and disgraceful comment to make, which also shows his complete ignorance.

Totally agreeing with you.????

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Thais  doing crimes against foreigners non existing also?

You must have been the one who read the story of a Pattaya hooker way over her date of expiry who ripped off a customer lately. 

Edited by Lupatria
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

General: I've never seen a case of Thais conning Thais - it's always foreigners who are responsible! 

If I understand correctly this means

he thinks:

a Thais are conning only foreigners

b this is ok

c he has not seen many cases - if any

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1