US ssa 2019 cola letter

30 minutes ago, keithet said:

Yes I tried but I think my online acount is no longer actavated because I didn't use for a few years. So to start another one I need a US address which I don't have. And plus my thai address is already on file for mailing address so I'm not sure if using a family address is legal or may cause confusion. 

Not sure how long it takes for it become inactive but I suspect there have been some changes that would require more than you need before to reactivate it. Perhaps request a new password for it or such.

It is no problem to have a address for here to enroll. The US address is only needed for enrollment but it has to be a verifiable address. I have read that the verification is done by checking to see if it is listed on a credit bureau as your address.

Yes I tried but I think my online acount is no longer actavated because I didn't use for a few years. So to start another one I need a US address which I don't have. And plus my thai address is already on file for mailing address so I'm not sure if using a family address is legal or may cause confusion. 

Not sure how long it takes for it become inactive but I suspect there have been some changes that would require more than you needed before to reactivate it. Perhaps request a new password for it or such.

It is no problem to have a address for here to enroll. The US address is only needed for enrollment but it has to be a verifiable address. I have read that the verification is done by checking to see if it is listed on a credit bureau as your address.

Not sure how long it takes for it become inactive but I suspect there have been some changes that would require more than you needed before to reactivate it. Perhaps request a new password for it or such.

I'm amazed that there is still no letter in the mail. Today is the last day for post before the long holiday. I recall always getting the cola letter 2nd to 3rd week of December. 

Normally I write on the letter what date I received in the mail. I did in my "still alive" letter.  I believe was June 17. That one is the most important because only have 60 days to reply and send back. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, Jingthing said:

I did I think on initial sign up. You could add two addresses. They messed up the Thai address formating so had to call them to fix it. Later for an actual address change such as moving within Thailand you need also to contact Manila fbu or the international service office in the US.

So the Thai address isn't already in there you can't add it online.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks Jingthing. You are right. I cannot write my  Thai address online. I called SSA in USA. They can access the db and change the address. So now I do have my Thai address on my SSA account.

• Thanks 1
On 12/29/2018 at 9:45 AM, keithet said:

I'm amazed that there is still no letter in the mail. Today is the last day for post before the long holiday. I recall always getting the cola letter 2nd to 3rd week of December. 

Normally I write on the letter what date I received in the mail. I did in my "still alive" letter.  I believe was June 17. That one is the most important because only have 60 days to reply and send back. 

The SSA will send another form out in September if they did not receive a reply from you. They send a final reminder in November. If nothing is received, your benefits will be suspended starting 03 February.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, racyrick said:

The SSA will send another form out in September if they did not receive a reply from you. They send a final reminder in November. If nothing is received, your benefits will be suspended starting 03 February.

Good to know thank you 

1 hour ago, racyrick said:

Did anyone in Khon Kaen get their letter?

I still have not received mine.

Thanks

I got mine on Sunday. The office at my condo is very slow or lazy but I say both. Because the post date was friday. 

I live in bkk. 

If you need it you can call ssa I did using Skype and asked just in case to mail me a new one. I wanted to make sure I have a original document from ssa in case immigration asks for proof of my income affidavit