Trump says U.S. government shutdown to last until agreement on border wall

webfact

3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

So trump is being protected by people who are not getting paid?

You're referring to the Secret Service. There is probably some exclusion for them and they are still getting paid, but you gotta ask yourself: who in the hell would take a bullet for this piece of work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The sick truth behind this is Trump already knows he’s beaten, he is simple responding to rightwing cable TV and talk radio shows.

His Presidency, his children, his business interests are all under criminal investigation, his response is to set fire to anything and everything in the hope of distracting his base from the ugly truth headed their way.

You have been drinking to much fruity kool aid

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, riclag said:

The Dem's are risking  the safety and prosperity of millions by refusing to help fund the border wall by voting ney!

A big ney to your hyperbole, riclag.

PS. I see you've relocated to the most progressive state in the Union. Good move!:thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Could you please name those POTUS and what they did to protect America?

Google -"Dec 18, 2015 - I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United ... helping to solidify the notion that the president's first responsibility is protecting Americans. ... to promote ideas, in the name of securing the country, that violate basic individual rights. ... Pleasecheck your inbox to confirm".

Off to go look at land!

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 2

“Who’s getting fired? Who’s going to bear the brunt of the responsibility if indeed there is a government shutdown?” she asked Trump, who had called in to the program.

“If you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump responded.  “Problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top. And the president’s the leader. He’s got to get everyone in a room and he’s gotta lead. But he doesn’t do that,” 

???? ????

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-says-president-when-asked-who-gets-fired-in-obama-shutdown_us_5c1ebfbae4b0407e907b9d10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Google -"Dec 18, 2015 - I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United ... helping to solidify the notion that the president's first responsibility is protecting Americans. ... to promote ideas, in the name of securing the country, that violate basic individual rights. ... Pleasecheck your inbox to confirm".

Off to go look at land!

Trump swears an oath and you believe he feels in the slightest bit bound by it?!

Go watch the news video of him siding with Putin against America.

Take your denial glasses off before doing so.

• Like 2

Putting good people in hardship, this is Trump's way. Trump claimed the over 400,00 federal workers who had a grim Christmas with no pay and the 400,000 others in jeopardy of such that they support his shutdown! 

My husband is active duty Coast Guard. Everyone thinks the military is getting paid during the shutdown, but the Coast Guard is facing no pay on the 1st due to being DHS and not DoD. We live in NYC, pay over $2K/month in rent, have a toddler and one on the way.

Twitter To Trump: No, Federal Workers Do NOT Want The Shutdown

https://www.yahoo.com/news/twitter-trump-no-federal-workers-025258327.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, riclag said:

Off to go look at land!

Still no answer to my question.

6 hours ago, candide said:

“Who’s getting fired? Who’s going to bear the brunt of the responsibility if indeed there is a government shutdown?” she asked Trump, who had called in to the program.

“If you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump responded.  “Problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top. And the president’s the leader. He’s got to get everyone in a room and he’s gotta lead. But he doesn’t do that,” 

???? ????

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-says-president-when-asked-who-gets-fired-in-obama-shutdown_us_5c1ebfbae4b0407e907b9d10

Always remember what you said before Donald.

If you forget it will come back and bite you in the arse.

12 hours ago, milwaukeeboy said:

Trump is way more popular than people on this forum give him credit for.

Just like here on thaivisa.com there are many places in the USA where one risks being shouted down for accidentally saying something positive about Trump.

So many, if not most, just support Trump and his wise policies quietly.

Some people were excusing him on the grounds that he was making them money. Now that the stock market has reversed any gains , what exactly is there to say positively about Trump ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Trouble said:

If one is a Trump hater then he owns the shutdown. If one thinks there is a need for fixing the border situation then it's the Dems who are being obstinate for not funding. With the Dems it's a political ploy. 60,000 are caught crossing the border illegally each month and it seems no one has a decent idea how to fix the problem.  Congress is a total bunch of incompetent morons who can't work to get something done because of politics. It's really all about election results not fixing the problems. In reality no one outside Washington DC gives a hoot about the shutdown.  Workers historically continue to work and get paid when the shutdown ends. Not really something to panic about. 

I think the laid off workers who are losing pay care very much. Trump had a deal , then backtracked because some of his more vocal base objected , he is an utter tool.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, riclag said:

Can't trust the Congress to do anything period! Trump 42% approval, Congress 21% . I stickin  with my POTUS to do the right thing again! The radical dem's and rino's are the enemy of the people! Shut it and keep it until the people's wall is funded

You quote his 42% approval rating as if that sounds good to you, you do realise that the only president to have a lower approval rating at this point in his term was Truman, right? 

14 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I feel he is doing the right thing here. 

He is showing the country how little the Dems care about their own country. The Dems will shut the government down to get their way. They are hurting none other than themselves. People want the wall so opposing it and making these problems will not stand well with the people. Selfish only care for their party Dems will get hurt the most from this.

I hope Trump sticks to is guns and does not back down in any way .

The Dems haven't shut down anything, Trump has, and he is now hurting himself, the only thing that he could claim, albeit falsly, was that the stock market was doing well because of him, now even that is not doing well, so now he has nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Trouble said:

If one is a Trump hater then he owns the shutdown. If one thinks there is a need for fixing the border situation then it's the Dems who are being obstinate for not funding. With the Dems it's a political ploy. 60,000 are caught crossing the border illegally each month and it seems no one has a decent idea how to fix the problem.  Congress is a total bunch of incompetent morons who can't work to get something done because of politics. It's really all about election results not fixing the problems. In reality no one outside Washington DC gives a hoot about the shutdown.  Workers historically continue to work and get paid when the shutdown ends. Not really something to panic about. 

No, workers did not historically continue to work, 850,000 people did not work last time, and thousands never got paid, the lower end workers, the cleaners, maintainence people and security did not get their back pay, so do stop making things up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Still no answer to my question.

I answered your question,every President protects America,they swear a oath to protect it! Read about America's History,to see who and what! If you continue to have questions save it for the correct thread! This is about the POTUS wanting to shutdown the Gov to get funding for a border wall to help protect America from illegals , foreign invasion, terrorist and drugs!

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You quote his 42% approval rating as if that sounds good to you, you do realise that the only president to have a lower approval rating at this point in his term was Truman, right? 

Yeah, a POTUS protecting America by force

Edited by riclag