how many times a day do you poop whilst living in Thailand

ghworker2010

As soon as I finish my 1st coffee for the day at around 7.00am, I am off, and as soon as I hit the throw, I am off that within 15 seconds, job done !

My Mrs takes forever, sometimes two or three times a day, and yes she takes her mobile in the toilet with her, have taught her how to open the window, turn on the exhaust fan and wall fan during and after she is finished, and to top it off, I get her to throw some bleach on the vanity and shower floor, and pour water over it as the bleach helps knock out the smell.

I swear she does try to remember, however fails on many occasions and closes the door with the window closed, must have been a cat in her previous life.

• Haha 2

On 1/1/2019 at 6:20 PM, Sheryl said:

Once a day like clockwork. Same when back in farangland.

Of course, your diet is likely different here, but 4 times is rather excessive for pretty much anybody.

How long have you been in Thailand? What are you eating and what water are you drinking?

Same, once a door, after lunch, same in all locations except when in India more likely to be 10 times a day.

On 1/1/2019 at 8:03 PM, ghworker2010 said:

Ive been here over 5 yrs. Drink bottled water. I do eat a lot of fruit but unsure if that's it. 

So it has been like this the whole 5 years? And no change since your colonoscopy a year ago?

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have to say that I am envious of those posters who manage a trip to the loo twice a day, because my average here is about once every three days and towards the end of that time I'm feeling very bloated.

I went to the hospital to get checked out by a gastroenterologist who gave me a colonoscopy and gave me the all clear and recommended that I drink more water and include more fibre in my diet.

This I did and do and no change, in fact I have tried the psyllium husk in water twice a day, as well as Mucillin and other various fibres designed to lighten one's load, so to speak, but all to no avail.

So I did a bit more research and found that I am probably one of those few that has a slow digestive system and in fact taking fibre doesn't really do this any good because it just tends to sit there, so taking extra fibre doesn't do the job for me.

However help seems to be at hand because there was another thread on here about constipation and one poster, in conjunction with Sheryl, pointed out that there is drug available which can help speed up this process (no not a laxative per se) and which helps to get the internal system working a little more efficiently, so I'm going to try and access that through the hospital here in a few days.

It's a wonder what one can find when trawling through the bowels of Thaivisa (pun intended).

Have you tried eating fruit such as papaya or ripe mango after your main meal ? They will make your system lubricated and an easy time in the singing room .  BTW do you suffer from indigestion ? can be caused by not being regular .

Lord!  Talk to your gastroenterologist.  This post sounds as though the Op has deep-seeded Freudian issues and would derive some sort of obtuse pleasure if everyone else would participate in a scatological discussion. 
Ah, "No!  Make an appointment with your doctor and keep 'poop' discussions in the doctor's office where they belong." 

2 hours ago, superal said:

Have you tried eating fruit such as papaya or ripe mango after your main meal ? They will make your system lubricated and an easy time in the singing room .  BTW do you suffer from indigestion ? can be caused by not being regular .

I'm not a fruit eater as such, but decided to give it a go and got onto the papaya for breakfast along with a muesli, this as well as pineapple and kiwifruit (not mango though) over a week period.......even tried oats (cooked and raw) as well as All Bran with fruit, all to no avail.

There is a powder called Fibely which is supposed to do the job but which may work one time in four for me!

Could try another combination, this esp as the drug I mentioned seems expensive, but am rather hoping that a 'retraining' of the system will ensue!

2 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

6 times a day > one morning & one afternoon before I go out drinking piss, the other 4 times I just play with the bum gun to massage my balls. 

It's sad when one does not have a GF to do that for them.

On 1/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, ghworker2010 said:

I had a colonoscopy over a yr ago and he cut out a large pulp.

Do you mean a polyp? Did the Gasto Doctor/surgeon say you were an 'at risk' (due to family history of colon cancer or you suffer from Irritable bowel disease (IBD as opposed to IBS) etc). Becuause normally colonoscopy's is done 5-10 years apart. If you are at risk then more often than this.

From symtopms it sounds like IBS-D ( Irritable bowel syndrome-diarrhea). If it is this, Plenty of info online. It's a matter of zeroing in on the trigger food's and cutting it out from your diet.

If you feel a doc visit is needed, go with your gut feeling.

At least once a day and sometimes at the wrong moment.....like I crap in my pants on the way to the local toilet.....have it timed....have 1 minute and 43 seconds after the first feelings to find a spot or else it is my undies that will be doing the wiping....????

Strange , only 3-4 times per week here . But I do not eat much , and only healthy food.

Nuts , fruits, oat meal, yoghurt, bread, and some chicken dinners, fried rice etc. 

I think its genetic , I can't remember my parents went to the toilet every day to poop.  When I was a kid I think I poop only twice per week. 

I have always been slim BTW .

Edited by balo

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:
19 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

6 times a day > one morning & one afternoon before I go out drinking piss, the other 4 times I just play with the bum gun to massage my balls. 

It's sad when one does not have a GF to do that for them.

I'm still on the lookout for a GF in to teabagging. I've tried many bars and clubs. 

always end up with a slap in the face. 

May be I shouldn't use it as the ice-breaker!

On 1/1/2019 at 6:20 PM, Sheryl said:

Once a day like clockwork. Same when back in farangland.

Of course, your diet is likely different here, but 4 times is rather excessive for pretty much anybody.

How long have you been in Thailand? What are you eating and what water are you drinking?

I ended up taking 1x500mg antibiotics a day for Gardia (for 4 days). Now Im back to 2 squats a day

On 1/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, xylophone said:

I have to say that I am envious of those posters who manage a trip to the loo twice a day, because my average here is about once every three days and towards the end of that time I'm feeling very bloated.

I went to the hospital to get checked out by a gastroenterologist who gave me a colonoscopy and gave me the all clear and recommended that I drink more water and include more fibre in my diet.

This I did and do and no change, in fact I have tried the psyllium husk in water twice a day, as well as Mucillin and other various fibres designed to lighten one's load, so to speak, but all to no avail.

So I did a bit more research and found that I am probably one of those few that has a slow digestive system and in fact taking fibre doesn't really do this any good because it just tends to sit there, so taking extra fibre doesn't do the job for me.

However help seems to be at hand because there was another thread on here about constipation and one poster, in conjunction with Sheryl, pointed out that there is drug available which can help speed up this process (no not a laxative per se) and which helps to get the internal system working a little more efficiently, so I'm going to try and access that through the hospital here in a few days.

It's a wonder what one can find when trawling through the bowels of Thaivisa (pun intended).

add 4 to 6 prunes to your daily porridge

23 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

Thanks gh............did that for a week or so, as well as drinking prune juice, but no change I'm afraid.

Trying one more thing then onto the resolor tablets I got yesterday to see if they can "kickstart" my system.

PS. Even 4 senna tablets before bed did no good!

My ex wife found it extremely difficult to “ go “ outside of her familiar environment !!
Maybe psychological but on our visits to her sisters in Denver it became common for me to do a “ prune run “ to the local Walmart and stock up for the length of our visit!

They did seem to work though !!

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks gh............did that for a week or so, as well as drinking prune juice, but no change I'm afraid.

Trying one more thing then onto the resolor tablets I got yesterday to see if they can "kickstart" my system.

PS. Even 4 senna tablets before bed did no good!

Are you taking any opiate pain meds or other meds that would slow down your GI tract?

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Are you taking any opiate pain meds or other meds that would slow down your GI tract?

No Sheryl, but just recently began antihistamines for a rash/allergy, however constipated well before those began.........had a big plate of porridge this morning with added extra oat bran to see what happens!!

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

No Sheryl, but just recently began antihistamines for a rash/allergy, however constipated well before those began.........had a big plate of porridge this morning with added extra oat bran to see what happens!!

Might just be the way you are then, and you might be better off living with it than taking medications for it, all of which have side effects/draw backs especially if taken long term.

I take it you have already tried prunes to no avail?