Chiang Mai and Pattaya ranked among the healthiest cities in the world: study

webfact

5 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

145 restaurants with vegan options? ???? ???? I would not even trust their vegetarian offerings. I once saw a Thai company's frozen "vegetarian" pasta topped with two small slices of cooked ham. 

Lots of vegan options in Thai restaurants. Pad pak bung and pad pak rua mit are 2 of my favourite dishes.

• Thanks 1

This is a study using specific attributes to assess scores. When stuff like air pollution, traffic etc. is factored in the score changes dramatically, depending on what weight is given to each attribute.

From memory, Melbourne, Australia has been rated world's most liveable city several times. Anyone who has lived there in the middle of winter, with 10 degrees being dropped with windchill to about 2 degrees, plus 80 km/hr winds to boot, would ROFL at the suggestion it is liveable then.

• Confused 1

Do to add some balance to all the healthy options considered, how about all the non healthy temptations. Beer, drugs, late night partying, over sugared and salty food, pesticide laden produce it goes on. 

Wich lifestyle do people go to Thailand for?

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

From memory, Melbourne, Australia has been rated world's most liveable city several times. Anyone who has lived there in the middle of winter, with 10 degrees being dropped with windchill to about 2 degrees, plus 80 km/hr winds to boot, would ROFL at the suggestion it is liveable then.

Weather is just a part of it. Oz cities do well at Numbeo as well: https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_current.jsp

Pattaya? Not even on the list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pegman said:

6 parks or green spaces in Pattaya? They must be including some vacant lots. That town is a concrete jungle.

Thappraya is basically wilderness past the first two blocks. Nobody lives there as it's inhabited by the infernal koel birds that will drive you mad in 0.002sec flat. Same with vast areas of the Darkside.

Pattaya is a bit bigger than the Bali hai-3rd road - dolphin square. Still, just about as unhealthy as it gets, the usual lifestyles here are plain toxic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Chiang Mai and Pattaya ranked among the healthiest cities

Oh yeh . . . ranked by whom . . . the TAT? TravelSupermarket must have received the healthiest of thank-yous for this little gem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The average cost per night to stay in a city

This should have played no part in a survey on "healthy" as it skews the result towards such unhealthy places like CM and Patts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Ha ha, says the expert from Khon Kaen.

What do you know what I know?

But indeed after week it's usually enough Pattaya for a while.

Standing 3 to 5 min at red lights covered in big smoke is not what I find healthy.

Edited by KhunBENQ