"Jomtien Supertown Walking Street" -- they built it, will you come?

Jingthing

Yes that bakery is very decent , a bit on the pricey side, but I guess due to the location.    

It's not the location. They use the best quality ingredients and the bakers are exceptionally skilled. It's basically an artisinal operation.   

BTW for the exceptionally homophobic that still want to try their desserts they are also sold at the gourmet restaurant in Pattaya called Alter Ego. Bookings essential.

Same soi as Kiss.

https://m.facebook.com/AlterEgoPattaya/

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

What a laugh,  

Title to the post says………

- Jomtien Supertown Walking Street" -- they built it, will you come?

Every comment seems to mention the Bakery and how wonderful it is.

It's a great example of a sexually neutral business in the zone that offers products that are the best in town. I think that if more businesses like that develop in the zone it would be good for the zone and open up the zone to a wider audience. Another example is Yupins restaurant which like I said before I haven't eaten at but it enjoys a favorable reputation for their food. But I don't see them as offering something unique in town as the bakery does. That is why I focus on the bakery. To address people that think well if you're not gay why would you ever enter the zone. The bakery is one answer. Of course the show bar attracts many straight tourists but there are other such shows in town including the world famous ones.  

There are many other parts of Pattaya where in order to get to somewhat decent and unique restaurants, you have to walk past questionable sexual service on offer, yet it is not an issue for a town already quite sleazy as Pattaya, yet people shy away from this 'Gay' area? 

To the Chinese, Thailand is already well known for transgender, might as well sell it to them that's it's a place to come and gawk at the ladyboys. 

• Like 1

There are many other parts of Pattaya where in order to get to somewhat decent and unique restaurants, you have to walk past questionable sexual service on offer, yet it is not an issue for a town already quite sleazy as Pattaya, yet people shy away from this 'Gay' area? 

To the Chinese, Thailand is already well known for transgender, might as well sell it to them that's it's a place to come and gawk at the ladyboys. 
Exactly. But honestly it is true there isn't that much in there currently that would attract any crowds of non gay people. Perhaps never.

On 1/9/2019 at 3:37 AM, KittenKong said:

I know it well as I see it every day. But for me that restaurant is in Thappraya, not the bar street, and it would be all the same to me if it was 200 yards up or down the hill.
So my question about the bar street stands. As long as it is full of bars, why would I go?

I agree! 

I was walking by the AGATE Hotel in the supposedly (but not) all gay zone and golly be who was sitting out front? A bunch of obviously STRAIGHT couples. Yeah, I've got heterodar. 

https://www.theagatepattaya.com/

So, OK, did they book in there to what looks like a very nice hotel unaware that it was smack in the middle of an allegedly all gay zone? Good chance but if it was that horrible an experience for them, they could have moved. 

Edited by Jingthing

55 minutes ago, HLover said:

What is the name of that delicious bakery and the location please?

9d91eeff5fb3c942c53b23ad9d966847.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/odelicejomtien/

Find Tinnies Aussie Pies on Tappraya road.

Penetrate deep into the "scary" Jomtien Supertown of way too much gayness for some.

I lied. Go in there one block only.

First corner building on the right.

The building is black.

Wear well lubricated sandals.

Socks with sandals is a violation.

The secret gay code word changes daily.

Caveat -- their weak spot is their coffee

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Find Tinnies Aussie Pies on Tappraya road.

Penetrate deep into the "scary" Jomtien Supertown of way too much gayness for some.

I lied. Go in there one block only.

First corner building on the right.

The building is black.

Wear well lubricated sandals.

Socks with sandals is a violation.

The secret gay code word changes daily.

Caveat -- their weak spot is their coffee

Thank you, I am ok about other's lifestyle choices.  There are better things to occupy my time than sexual preferences of strangers or friends.  Since I do not have the name of the loaf laying, dough foundling establishment- opening times?

Thank you, I am ok about other's lifestyle choices.  There are better things to occupy my time than sexual preferences of strangers or friends.  Since I do not have the name of the loaf laying, dough foundling establishment- opening times?
Mornings through 7 pm.

• Like 2

I went for an evening roll two days ago. Na Jomtien up to where I'm forced over to second road, went past this place, saw the sign as I was passing, wondered what it was all about since I didn't get a good look. I saw NO people about 10pm Fri night in high season...

I find it interesting that businesses are trying to push past the stigma that you say isn't a stigma, and anyone who has a problem with that stigma, well, it's their loss, not the loss of the businesses dealing with the stigma that isn't a stigma, then the identity politics for insulting anyone who dares not accept what you're forcing down their throats, no pun intended...

Will definitely give this place a miss. I'm sure there are other bakeries in Thailand. I'm doing Keto anyway, so... Perhaps I'm an evil, cis, white, male carbohydrateophobe, living in terror of sucrose molecules... It doesn't really matter, since you've made it clear that "my kind" isn't welcome. But, my money being spent elsewhere and getting exactly what I want elsehwere, and not having my skin made to crawl ins order to spend it elsewhere is somehow my "loss." Not the businesses trying to make money surrounded by stuff that drives customers away...

I'm reminded of Russians pushing baby-filled strollers down walking street "It's totally a family destination, ping pong show!"

If you have to lie to promote the place...

If there's no stigma, then why is there a stigma? Why would one need to overcome or reduce a stigma that isn't there? Oh, right, because there is.

Edited by Sporf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yupin's restaurant in the busiest nightlife part of the "town" just got a rave review!

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/yupins-amongst-the-best-243871

Yupins, amongst the best

Yupins restaurant is in Jomtien Complex. This center was abandoned for many years, however it has become a busy hub of restaurants and bars (of all persuasions) in the past two years. 

The amazing French bakery place continues to increase their offerings. Breakfasts, lunches, new barista improving their coffee, and of course their world class pastries, cakes, and breads.

"They built it, will you come?"

What exactly have they built? Looks to me like the same old mixture of dereliction, gay joints and the odd restaurant exactly as it was before.
So in short, no I will not come, a simple name change and a few neon signs change nothing.
That Soi was often handy to cut through on the motorbike when the lights at the main junction were on red, but now they have closed the U turn on Thapraya Rd I see nothing of worth.
I'm sure all the fine artists at the neon sign factories are duly insulted.

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

My quote was merely my opinion, and was most certainly not intended as an insult to anyone. But yet again you persist with inane posts that have no relevance at all to the one you are replying to.

How do you think Yupin's compare to T21 food court? The owner of Yupins in this new venture is a very good friend of Mrs Kims. We ate there once and both of us thought it was crap, consequently have never been again. L oliver that was / is opposite used to be OK, their starter buffet used to be excellent, but last time we went the place was empty and the food not fresh, so again stopped going. Maybe normal customers have been driven out by the gay vibe?

Honestly, I have never been to Yupin's and I don't intend to go unless you're paying. (I'm not a cheap date.) But it does seem to have it's fans. Just not my style of place.

Normal customers? Wow. Now you're doubling down with your insipid insinuations.

Honestly the only food venues that I currently like in the JOMTIEN SUPERTOWN are the Chinatown place (which I count as being in it because it's an anchor even if others don't), also another Anchor Tinnie's Aussie Pies, and the fabulous French bakery. I think there is room for improvement in new food venues there. Hope it happens.

Edited by Jingthing

On 1/21/2019 at 6:13 AM, HLover said:

It opens at 08:00 get there about 08:30 and they should have the full selection displayed,and at that time of the morning there are no sexual preferences on display outside.

2 minutes ago, adammike said:

It opens at 08:00 get there about 08:30 and they should have the full selection displayed,and at that time of the morning there are no sexual preferences on display outside.

And why would there be at that ungodly hour?

• 3 weeks later...

To answer the question, yes I would go.

Not gay but have zero issue with gay people, whether customers or employees there.

I have actually been a few times before but not in a long while. ( Live in naklua and a bit lazy when it comes to going the other end of town). I have enjoyed my Jomtien visits, various restaurants/bars.

The French bakery & Tinnies sound interesting, excellent reviews when I have looked online.

I have a couple of questions.

In addition to the French bakery is there also a French restaurant there ? If so what is it called? Please.

Is Fantasy bar still open ? been there several times, always liked it 

Thanks.

post 96 from a gay person, that says it all , he feels uncomfortable about the place, i rest my case, last time i walked through there i got gay massage employees grabbing my arm, and if there is something that realy pisses me off is someone manhandling me  yeah i expect the guy with many posts to be along in a moment to defend the place. (wonder why that is ??) nudge nudge wink wink

1 minute ago, mercman24 said:

post 96 from a gay person, that says it all , he feels uncomfortable about the place, i rest my case, last time i walked through there i got gay massage employees grabbing my arm, and if there is something that realy pisses me off is someone manhandling me  yeah i expect the guy with many posts to be along in a moment to defend the place. (wonder why that is ??) nudge nudge wink wink

No, as I said before, I don't like the "gauntlet" aspect of it either but I don't think it's as aggressive as some of the notorious hetero sois.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:48 PM, mercman24 said:

Yes some of us don't buy the it's alright to be gay bit especially if it's rammed down our throats, and i think what you describe is akin to unwanted molestation.

48 minutes ago, Peterhua said:

Yes some of us don't buy the it's alright to be gay bit especially if it's rammed down our throats, and i think what you describe is akin to unwanted molestation.

Rammed down your throat, is it?

It's hilarious how often that explicit and hysterically homophobic phrase is used.

Just don't go there.

No best French bread and pastries in town for you. Either eaten in a civilized manner or rammed down your throat. Your call. Boo hoo. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Rammed down your throat, is it?

It's hilarious how often that explicit and hysterically homophobic phrase is used.

Just don't go there.

No best French bread and pastries in town for you. Boo hoo. 

Jokes aside, I am going to try that place this weekend.

The menu looks orally stimulating.

• Haha 1