Retirement 800k/400k

Does the required money need to be kept in a single account?

I was thinking about putting 400k in a 4 year fixed deposit (for convenience and slightly higher interest rate), then each year putting another 400k  in a 5 month fixed deposit.

Would this work?

Thanks

• Like 1

Three is not rule that states it has to be in only one account.

I see no reason for you plan not to be accepted. Just be sure the fixed deposit account allows withdrawals without delay or penalty other than loss of interest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

It

It wull be 800,000 baht for 8months. Two before extension. Three after and three before you extend if you extend again a month before its due date. 

Well supposedly only 2 months seasoning before renewal. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michaelaway said:

Please clarify:

the 800,000 must have been in your Thai bank account for: 2 months or 3 months before your 1-year retirement extension date?

The new rules that go into effect on March 1 states it is 2 months before the date of application and 3 months after that the 800k baht has to be in the bank.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Op your plan will work fine. Keep in mind the money needs immediate access and no penalties that would drop it below the 800/400.

As an aside I wonder how many members will now just put the 800 in a fixed term and be done with it. Another account for living costs.

I've done it for 20 years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Op your plan will work fine. Keep in mind the money needs immediate access and no penalties that would drop it below the 800/400.

As an aside I wonder how many members will now just put the 800 in a fixed term and be done with it. Another account for living costs.

done this for years , far simpler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

It

It wull be 800,000 baht for 8months. Two before extension. Three after and three before you extend if you extend again a month before its due date. 

Says who exactly? Never heard that before.

I recently re-entered Thailand and am now considering renewing my retirement extension in June using 65K per month option.

To date my monthly transfers in have not been as high as 65000 thb

What would be required to renew my extension using the income method?

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, kjun12 said:

The very real problem is that no one, including the immigration officers, know what will be allowed.

The IOs don't need to know what is allowed or not, they just make up their own rules, even

different officers in the same office.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly what I have been doing for over 10 years already. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The new rules that go into effect on March 1 states it is 2 months before the date of application and 3 months after that the 800k baht has to be in the bank.

So do we have to go to immigration again 3 months after the visa date to show the proof? Or do we only show it at the next renewal?

Edited by EricTh

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So do we have to go to immigration again 3 months after the visa date to show the proof? Or do we only show it at the next renewal?

No indication of that being required from a couple of folks who very recently got their extension.  The immigration office told them about the new requirements but there was on "interim stamp" given....just the full 12 month extension and no requirement to report back in 3 months to confirm things. 

I fully expect it will just be one of the first things they check when you come back a 1 year later for your next extension.  Like step 1 before looking to see if you had Bt800K in the bank 2 months before your current application is to check and see if you maintained the required Bt800K & Bt400K levels after the last extension.    

• Like 1